Complex Believes Y'all Should Stop Lying About Enjoying TPAB

Options

Comments

• DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Tymoney19 wrote: »
    Honestly outside the ic I really don't see anybody caping for tpab. The album was meh and I think most people think it was meh. But the issue is that ppl feel forced to like it because it's so pro black.
  • KINGEC
    KINGEC Members Posts: 7,833 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I stopped reading after "Complex..."

• D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Honestly outside the ic I really don't see anybody caping for tpab. The album was meh and I think most people think it was meh. But the issue is that ppl feel forced to like it because it's so pro black.

Nobody is forcing anybody to like this album.
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop lying ? Some ppl loved it and some ppl didn't end of story smh
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a decent album. It's not something I'm checking for like that, not because it was super Black, but because it just wasn't that dope to me.
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao @ the album being too black. ? u in hiphop..

Shout out to the hiphop belongs to everyone ass ? .
    5th Letter wrote: »
    I'm surprised they feel that way. This album seems to be something they'd dickride.

Yea. Cacs every where, has been waiting for a "the Darker The Berry" track to come out...
    "Black man taking no losses"... o they love that.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Stop trolling Complex. Clickbait ass website.
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's literally the most critically acclaimed hip hop album of all time. It's one of only two albums to go platinum this year. IN the real world Kendrick is damn near Stevie wonder at this point.
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LOL @ the eminem poster in the complex office
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Album was ok/ good..but not great
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I didnt love TPAB. Not because it was too pro black, but it was a bit too much on the experimental side. Not enough rapping for me.
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Well they predominantly white and said that Yeezus was a classic-
    white people love the ? out of Yeezus and while it has its moments (Blood On The Leaves) and i can understand some of the argument (obviously, you want musicians to be experimental, etc) ... i will never understand the level of devotion people lavish on it.

also, GKMC != the Heist. that's appalling.

anyway, TPAB is a really good album that doesn't have the stand-out high points that GKMC did and that's that. apologies to the white folks who are freaked out by the overwhelming blackness.
  • saracenwire
    saracenwire Members Posts: 523 ✭✭✭✭
    Options

It's literally the most critically acclaimed hip hop album of all time. It's one of only two albums to go platinum this year. IN the real world Kendrick is damn near Stevie wonder at this point.

post-38536-steve-harvey-wtf-face-gif-Imgu-lJjr.gif

This whole entire post tho
    TPAB isnt platinum either

It has the highest metacritic score for a hip hop album ever. And if it isn't platinum yet it's close and it will get there after it's nominated for 500 grammys.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

post-38536-steve-harvey-wtf-face-gif-Imgu-lJjr.gif

This whole entire post tho
    TPAB isnt platinum either

It has the highest metacritic score for a hip hop album ever. And if it isn't platinum yet it's close and it will get there after it's nominated for 500 grammys.

This means nothing. You're saying its more acclaimed then alot of very important albums. Stop it.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited November 2015
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »

Nobody is forcing anybody to like this album.

People might force themselves to say its "AOTY" or a "classic" because other over zealous Kdot fans announced it off first listen.

Thats how interpreted his statement anyhow. It's what I label "unconscience dishonesty" when you make your opinion fit to what you think is the general or most popular consensus instead of how you truly feel. Other people may term it as "dickriding".
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nawledge_? wrote: »
    Yo When I Was In College I Used To Kick With This White Dude Who Always Threw "Keggers" At His House...? Free Brew And The White ? Would Get Loose

One Of His Dorky White Hipster Friends Told Me He Liked "Hip-Hop"..I Was Like "Word? Thats Cool"

We Started Talking About Artist We Like Etc

I Told Him I ? With Common Heavy nh

He Said "Common Was Good Until He Started Working With Kanye"...."He Sold Out Man"

hipster-305x400.png

I Must've Given HIm The Death Stare Cuz Dude Little Whimpered A Little Under His Breath And Quickly Went To "Refresh His Beverage"

I Ended UP ? My Ex In The Bathroom And A Random Big Titted White Bish In My Homies Sister Room That Same Night
    Out Of Anger

His Sister Was MAD AF And Gave Me back My Watch

He didn't and still don't know what the ? he talking about because Be is a masterpiece.
  • EyeofAsaru
    EyeofAsaru Members Posts: 1,853 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was a good album..but not the untouchable universal classic everybody was ranting about..Its sad how group stannery has taken peoples ability to objectively judge a album on their own merit...Its ok to not follow the crowd and think for yourself

Eye overstood what Kendrick was trying to deliver with TPAB but his execution didn't quite connect..He was trying to do what outkast did and be experimental..However,outkast had that special blend of entertainment,edutainment,and sonic bliss to the ears...TPAB's sounds left something to be desired

He gets props for being different but that's where the props stop for me..

Public enemy did what he did 10x better...
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Knew this would stir the reason ? feathers. Hahahhaha
  • usmarin3
    usmarin3 Members Posts: 38,013 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still have not gotten into that album. If the production on a album doesn't hit it's not gonna have replay value to me.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It was trash tho