You aint no damn hero!!!!!!!

Options
caddo man
caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in For The Grown & Sexy
images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRsl70gaIvNWtDeARfXtqjo_FeE7dONw8Rlq8ZmCiyFWqKbDe7Mlw

With Veterans Day approaching, Me and my wife were discussing why most black people don't look at joining the military as patriotic. You see the typical blue blood white person with Army mom or dad on their car. They come up to vets and thank them for their service. They organize veterans day ceremonies at schools and churches.

Most (not all) black people look at joining the military as your last ditch effort to stay above water. You were too dumb to attend college and too lazy to work your way up at the local manufacturing plant. Now you selling out in the white mans army.

I used to go to parties with my wife and her coworkers. Telling them I was in the Navy was almost like telling them I just got my GED and I am working fries at McDs. The black vets are cool but even they feel the animosity towards vets in black communities.

Real talk............. I dont think vets are heroes but they should get privileges from the government like they are doing. I don't think we are fighting for your freedom. We are fighting for the US interest that facilitate our ability to be a democracy.

Speak on it.

Comments

• caddo man
    Options
    I have the utmost respect for all veterans that were in combat. I also respect the ones that were in non combat roles that sacrifice their time to serve. But I have seen and been around some mfer I wouldnt ? on if they were on fire.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see no honour in fightin' for either of our armies, white or black. I hate the police with all my heart but at the army are worse.
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They didnt fight for our rights and arent heroic just by serving .. but If you did your time honorably and admirably props given you were someones hero.
  • MsSouthern
    MsSouthern Members, Moderators Posts: 21,791 Regulator
    Options
    Not everyone who joins the military is a hero

Being away from your family and friends for extended periods of time ... Willing to risk your life ..... Going thru training..... Being in combat...Living in conditions I would not want to is admirable and always deserves recognition

I have family and friends that have fought and some who have died in combat

I have nothing but respect for them.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was hidin out from like 3 different gangs and needed a paycheck and to get the ? out LA for a while. Air Force recruiter caught me comin out a Panda Express and I was like ? it lol. 3 months later I was gone

This ? mirrors most of my ? who joined lol. Some joining off the humbug lol. Yall ? is savages for real.
  • Melqart
    Melqart Guests, Members Posts: 3,679 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I was hidin out from like 3 different gangs and needed a paycheck and to get the ? out LA for a while. Air Force recruiter caught me comin out a Panda Express and I was like ? it lol. 3 months later I was gone

lmao, where u from?
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I give props for serving, but ? a lot of them after that. A lot of them act special like they've been in combat and ain't did ? . I thought about joining the military right out of high school until I saw Dead Presidents, ? been serving forever just to come home to ? lives. I can still hear Martin Sheen ? on Larenz Tate at the end for not serving in a "real" war before giving him Life in prison. My people told me they wouldn't let me go if the government reinstalled the draft, their ass said if I got drafted, they'd get me tore up off whiskey and push me off the side of the crib so I'd break a leg or something and become ineligible lol.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Lol...when I was in the Coast Guard our boat drove around in circles 4 2 weeks str8, in the Pacific Ocean. We did that atleast 4 times a year. It was called "Operation Box Opts".

We did have situations when we we weren't allowed to sleep for 36-48 hours str8. This was 2007. To this day, I can't sleep for more than 5 consecutive hours.

We seized 50 bells of coke once. Port calls in Cali, Canada & Mexico 6 times a year was nice.

Marching in the snow during Boot Camp. I know every branch has differences. As far as the Coast Guard, that was my experience. A whole bunch of ? . I regret it everyday.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    313 wayz wrote: »
    We did have situations when we we weren't allowed to sleep for 36-48 hours str8. This was 2007. To this day, I can't sleep for more than 5 consecutive hours.

We seized 50 bells of coke once. Port calls in Cali, Canada & Mexico 6 times a year was nice.

Are you getting a disability check for that.....I got the same problem from when I was in the Navy and currently have a disability attorney working on my case where I am hoping to get 40% - 60% disability.....this has been going on for years so the back pay if / when I get approved is going to be that deal

Nah
  • caddo man
    edited November 2015
    Options

Are you getting a disability check for that.....I got the same problem from when I was in the Navy and currently have a disability attorney working on my case where I am hoping to get 40% - 60% disability.....this has been going on for years so the back pay if / when I get approved is going to be that deal

Nah

Go get that ? bruh...................they owe you that.

I hope my fellow vets don't take this thread as a diss towards them. It is certainly not. I am proud of my enlistment in the military. When people call me a sellout or an invader here in America. I actually don't get mad because as an American, you have the ? given right to express yourself. I have been to country wher that is not possible.

A small percentage of the criticism towards vets come from the notion that African Americans still do not consider themselves citizens of this country. "No black man should be in the white mans army." is a phrase that only affirms this. Regardless of your thoughts and ideals, You are American. Everyday you lay your head on your pillow in the borders of this country with your internet and indoor plumbing, You affirm your citizenship. If you are not out taking action to change the things you don't like. You are only cosigning the actions of the people you despise.
  • numbaz...80's baby
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

Nah

I hope my fellow vets don't take this thread as a diss towards them. It is certainly not. I am proud of my enlistment in the military. When people call me a sellout or an invader here in America. I actually don't get mad because as an American, you have the ? given right to express yourself. I have been to country wher that is not possible.

A small percentage of the criticism towards vets come from the notion that African Americans still do not consider themselves citizens of this country. "No black man should be in the white mans army." is a phrase that only affirms this. Regardless of your thoughts and ideals, You are American. Everyday you lay your head on your pillow in the borders of this country with your internet and indoor plumbing, You affirm your citizenship. If you are not out taking action to change the things you don't like. You are only cosigning the actions of the people you despise.

I watched my pops go through similar ? . Lawyers, years, courts, run-arounds etc. Im str8....
  • caddo man
    Options
    caddo man wrote: »

Nah

I watched my pops go through similar ? . Lawyers, years, courts, run-arounds etc. Im str8....

Yeah but the system is different. They paying out. My pops fought for years until after the vet scandal. They called his ass and was all apologetic. This mfer get 100% PTSD over discrimination and hostile work enviroment. My brother joined with mental problems and they given his ass 60%.