More and more African-Americans wondering if they’d be safer if they left the U.S.

Options

Comments

• Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    I think it'll be better to leave this country and take your assets with you. If Blacks left this country en masse, the economy would contract instantly. The best way to hurt America is economically, and this tactic would do it. all of us don't have to go to the same place; some can go to the Caribbean, or some can go to the homeland. It's a good plan and a smart idea. Most ? will say no, and that's why the wiser of us should go. Just the plan alone separates the real from the fake among our community.

As for staying in America and acquiring land here for whatever purpose; I don't think it's a good idea. I've always felt this way. I know what the ancestors went through as slaves here. I know even my "free" family members gave their lives here. However, the fact remains that this land belongs to the Native Americans. It's not our place to take a piece of it just because. They deserve their homeland and we deserve ours.

why you gotta leave to do it...

stay here and do it.

i think its ok to go back to africa to help build or to do what you feel. but do not think it will be easier because of the skin color. you still have to work hard to make moves.

so if the civil rights movement gave us the power we was seeking...would you still leave?

if the police was in check would you still leave?

thing is we will have a hard time no matter where we go.

in white countries we are black
    in african countries we are americans .

? like i said earlier..... alot of africans are trying to come to america for the opportunity.

hearing ? like this, i see why alot of my african brothers call us lazy. they come here an become doctors, take advantage of education and so much more.

The interesting thing about this post is that you brought up the civil rights movement. We're still fighting for the same things the civil rights movement fought for 50 to 60 years ago. Black people in America are in a state of arrested development. The only way to move up is to leave. We've been mind-? for over 400 years and we've discarded so much of ourselves culturally for them that we have almost nothing left, and they still treat you the same. They still aren't satisfied.

I don't need any info on Africa, I've studied it. I've made friends with Africans at my job, and we talk often. Above all of that: I'm one of the few people on this forum and in my circle of friends who have gone to Africa and seen it first hand. I'm not afraid of work. I don't want to go for me, I want to go for our future. But like I already posted, this plan will separate the real from the fake.

I don't want power, I want peace for my progeny.

This man gets it.

• Fosheezy
    Fosheezy Members Posts: 3,204 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Fosheezy wrote: »
    I don't think it's a bad idea, I consider doing it just for the experience. Thinking about making a move to Okinawa but after I take a leisure visit to other cities in Japan first, next year my ? willing. I like the idea of International citizenship too. Just trying to figure out the best way to do it.
    Great idea, they really love dark....humans over there.
    Man I ain't worried about what them ? like I'll beat them lil dudes up. I'm coming for the experience and they Japanese women since they too busy playing video games to drop them kids in them.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    I don't think it's a bad idea, I consider doing it just for the experience. Thinking about making a move to Okinawa but after I take a leisure visit to other cities in Japan first, next year my ? willing. I like the idea of International citizenship too. Just trying to figure out the best way to do it.
    Great idea, they really love dark....humans over there.
    Man I ain't worried about what them ? like I'll beat them lil dudes up. I'm coming for the experience and they Japanese women since they too busy playing video games to drop them kids in them.

Blacka pig go home!!!!!!!!
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Leaving would be weak... It's sad. You know how many Africans from different countries come here for a better life... And actually get one? A lot. Many people from other countries do...

You are very short sighted if you think black people couldn't have a much greater future here...
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Africa is just as corrupt if not more than here. So yall wanna go to another continent, unfamiliar with the culture , customs, and not even able to speak the language and provoke more change than you can here? ok lol.

We share the same race genes so it's all good
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Leaving would be weak... It's sad. You know how many Africans from different countries come here for a better life... And actually get one? A lot. Many people from other countries do...

You are very short sighted if you think black people couldn't have a much greater future here...

Lead the way then broham....

Cuz I don't see it.
  • MrMinimalist
    MrMinimalist Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Go to Brazil or Australia. Iceland would be best for marriage.
  • ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For people who want to pull a Sincere and "Move to Africa". What the hell will you do when you get there? And what cities are you looking at?
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    police violence was worse back in the day its actually on a decline.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LPast wrote: »

Are your grandparents that left the South weak? Are slaves that left the slaveholding states for the North/Canada weak? Are the immigrants (of any race) that come here and do better than native blacks weak too? I dont get the migration=weak logic
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For people who want to pull a Sincere and "Move to Africa". What the hell will you do when you get there? And what cities are you looking at?

Start a shipping port business and help transportation and to bridge throughout the continent and diaspora.

I want to start in Accra, Ghana.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? don't want to build ? .. yall just want to be the white man ? forever think about the future
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    But all y'all are still here.

• Ajackson17
    Options
    En-Fuego22 wrote: »
    ? don't want to build ? .. yall just want to be the white man ? forever think about the future

Building is important and plus immigration should come slow and there should be an enthusastic approach to accepting back into African culture and ridding yourself of most of the culture here. There is a reason why they are producing so many people invested in the sciences. But some of our greatest works we should definitely keep.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ajackson17 wrote: »

Building is important and plus immigration should come slow and there should be an enthusastic approach to accepting back into African culture and ridding yourself of most of the culture here. There is a reason why they are producing so many people invested in the sciences. But some of our greatest works we should definitely keep.

Africa is becoming Eurocentric and it's already own by China America and France
  • Ajackson17
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »

Dr. Umar Johnson is the fusion of Frederick Douglass and Marcus Garvey. He got it and will complete the work. Amen Ra.
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think it'll be better to leave this country and take your assets with you. If Blacks left this country en masse, the economy would contract instantly. The best way to hurt America is economically, and this tactic would do it. all of us don't have to go to the same place; some can go to the Caribbean, or some can go to the homeland. It's a good plan and a smart idea. Most ? will say no, and that's why the wiser of us should go. Just the plan alone separates the real from the fake among our community.

As for staying in America and acquiring land here for whatever purpose; I don't think it's a good idea. I've always felt this way. I know what the ancestors went through as slaves here. I know even my "free" family members gave their lives here. However, the fact remains that this land belongs to the Native Americans. It's not our place to take a piece of it just because. They deserve their homeland and we deserve ours.

why you gotta leave to do it...

stay here and do it.

i think its ok to go back to africa to help build or to do what you feel. but do not think it will be easier because of the skin color. you still have to work hard to make moves.

so if the civil rights movement gave us the power we was seeking...would you still leave?

if the police was in check would you still leave?

thing is we will have a hard time no matter where we go.

in white countries we are black
    in african countries we are americans .

? like i said earlier..... alot of africans are trying to come to america for the opportunity.

hearing ? like this, i see why alot of my african brothers call us lazy. they come here an become doctors, take advantage of education and so much more.

The interesting thing about this post is that you brought up the civil rights movement. We're still fighting for the same things the civil rights movement fought for 50 to 60 years ago. Black people in America are in a state of arrested development. The only way to move up is to leave. We've been mind-? for over 400 years and we've discarded so much of ourselves culturally for them that we have almost nothing left, and they still treat you the same. They still aren't satisfied.

I don't need any info on Africa, I've studied it. I've made friends with Africans at my job, and we talk often. Above all of that: I'm one of the few people on this forum and in my circle of friends who have gone to Africa and seen it first hand. I'm not afraid of work. I don't want to go for me, I want to go for our future. But like I already posted, this plan will separate the real from the fake.

I don't want power, I want peace for my progeny.

Dope. I'm definitely looking to travel to Ghana next year. What countries did you visited?

So far Tanzania. I'm going to Senegal in the next few months though. Then I'm going on an excursion to southern Africa later next year, or early 2017.

One other thing: People keep talking about how Africans don't like or respect us which is a misunderstanding to say the least. The problem with many black people here is that they have no knowledge of Africa at all. I know people from Togo, Senegal, Kenya, Cote d'Ivoire, etc. I can name many of the tribes there and I can tell you who colonized those areas.

When I was younger I used to ask random black people to name 5 countries in Africa, and most of them couldn't name one. How can they relate to people so ignorant of their origins? How would talking to such people benefit them? It's funny how people will complain about the attitudes of Africans but still give money to Asian businesses that treat you like dangerous thugs & ignorant hooligans. You can easily start a convo with someone from Africa by asking where they're from. But too many act like that's too hard.

Many are too Europeanized, and that's why we are so ignorant. Study the European "age of discovery," the colonial age, see how they never tried to understand any of the people they came in contact with. They didn't try to learn the language, or the culture; they didn't try to empathize with those they slaughtered either. so many of you act just like them.
  • Olorun22
    Olorun22 Members Posts: 5,696 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

So does that mean that we just get ? over for 1000 more years
  • LordZuko
    LordZuko Members Posts: 2,473 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What's crazy is that literally evey other people on earth see the value in investing in Africa and even living in Africa except Blackpeople.

If you go without a plan, expect to get ? . If you go with proper planning then you should be just as successful, if not more so than other groups who've gone over on some ? ?
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The privatization of prisons really changed the game

white folks can talk all that "go back to Africa" ? , but even if we did en masse they'd (white folks) try to stop us

cuz who would they get to fill the prisons?

Black folks make up about 13% of the total population, but bout 40% of the prison population

see the 13the amendment, slavery was never abolished, jus converted

As I said even if we as a whole attempted to leave, them folks would make it that much harder to leave (prolly make sum new laws or make it more difficult for blacks to obtain passports, somethin)
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We do need to flee these lands.
  • luke1733
    luke1733 Members Posts: 1,490 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    SAid it before, but racism is everywhere; but in some places it just does feel a little less a factor on you than America. I didn't see options as much until I traveled outside the US. For instance. Dominican Republic has a lot of racists, but simply put (even with how much they absolutely hate Haitians) they're still not as racist as America and you will feel the difference. But, again, they're still racist.
    I don't even think I am paying attention to a lot of racism in America until I talk about it on AHH or a conversation brings me to it; until I leave and I realize I can sense something different and attribute that better feeling to lack of the same racism.
    Kinda like being short is relative. In India if you're 5'8 you can be considered average or leaning on the taller side; but in America if you're 5'7 and below you will have a much different experience as a male
  • A Talented One
    A Talented One Members Posts: 4,202 ✭✭✭
    Options

Dr. Umar Johnson is the fusion of Frederick Douglass and Marcus Garvey. He got it and will complete the work. Amen Ra.

You're taking your Dr. Umar Johnson admiration too far now brah.