9 Year Old Lured Into Alley And Killed Due To Father's Gang Ties. Edit-Arrest Has Been Made

Options

Comments

• ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so y'all think that imprisoning and killing all the gang members is a viable solution?
    what do we do with the women and children left behind?
    how do we stop the cycle from continuing?
    Gang members shouldn't be around kids to begin with, that's how the cycle continues. Their influence is just as toxic as a terrorist in the ME recruiting young kids into that ? too. I have zero sympathy for them, because the kids will have a better chance at a decent life.
  • LPast
    LPast Members Posts: 4,546 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm going to keep it 100% real... This will never end until the people involved decide to stop it. Those that get out and make something of themselves will.

Waiting on jobs doesn't really cut it imo.

Maybe legalizing drugs would work.
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who is going to take care of all these kids?
  • LPast
    Options
    A lot of things that would work aren't realistic.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    so y'all think that imprisoning and killing all the gang members is a viable solution?
    Gang members shouldn't be around kids to begin with, that's how the cycle continues. Their influence is just as toxic as a terrorist in the ME recruiting young kids into that ? too. I have zero sympathy for them, because the kids will have a better chance at a decent life.

A lot of the adults are parents, uncles, or cousins to the kids.

Stop the goofy trolling. We know you're a white guy pretending to be black.
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

The kids man.

And trying to educate the adults who are willing to listen.

But the stubborn, both child and adult....you can only talk to for so long. And if a change doesn't occur, then what?

that aint really an answer.
    how do educate ppl into not gang banging? the assumption seems to be that the root cause is lack of 'education'.
    U cant.

Its all about Free will. Ppl make conscious choices. If A has a problem with B and wants him dead for whatever there's no amount of intervention that can save B. A has to not want to ? /harm in order to "Stop the violence"

Ive always subscribed to the notion that those of us organizing and attending stop the violence rallies/meetings arent the one committing violence in the first place. Its mere preaching to the choir. Therapeutic maybe, but i doubt community efforts to quell violence have been effective in the grand scheme of things
  • Brother_Five
    Options
    "Free will" is not the end all be all of human existence...
    time and place matter.
  • ThaNubianGod
    Options
    who is going to take care of all these kids?

Do you think gang members are even taking care of these kids? Monetarily? Morally? Teaching them right from wrong?

Again, the influence of older gang members is why this ? continues on from generation to generation.
  • ThaNubianGod
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

You literally post the same ? ? everytime. Do you want my attention or something?

And what's your point whether they're parents, uncles, cousins? They shouldn't be in the community period.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    " how you gonna be cool w the ? who killed your man? that ? will never end" .....
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

You literally post the same ? ? everytime. Do you want my attention or something?

And what's your point whether they're parents, uncles, cousins? They shouldn't be in the community period.

what?
  • Rozetta5tone
    Rozetta5tone Members Posts: 4,506 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mf's don't understand their enemy. You can't possibly get rid of gangs without knowing what drives them. The street life in so many ways has become it's own sub culture.

The question isn't how do we end crime. The question is why does crime happen in the first place.
  • Brother_Five
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    time and place matter.
    i disagree

Take brother @Irony for example... he attended the million man March.. he even started the thread...

U know where im going with this......

Does ANY amount of preaching and appealing to the senses and Amazing Farrakhan speeches deter him from attempting to beat up the internet?

Free will bruh

u can disagree, but life doesn't work like that.
    human agency is one part of why ppl do what they do.
    social structures (opportunity) are also important.

despite evidence of evolution and social progress, u guys are fatalistic.
  • ThaNubianGod
    Options

what?

Did I stutter? if someone is actively involved in gang activity, then they have no place in our communities. ? em all

The problem is we're way to lax with this ? . That's why a 9-year old got assassinated in cold blood, and all people can do is shake their heads saying, "It's a shame, but what can we do?"
  • LPast
    Options
    Waiting on the white man to supply jobs, or to fix the structure of the city won't work...

If these people stopped selling drugs would they starve?
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The law abiding citizens around there need to form a militia and identify gang members and start chopping off their thumbs, without thumbs you can't use a gun and those gang members will no longer be a threat because people aren't afraid of a gang member they are afraid of gang members with guns in their hands
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mf's don't understand their enemy. You can't possibly get rid of gangs without knowing what drives them. The street life in so many ways has become it's own sub culture.

The question isn't how do we end crime. The question is why does crime happen in the first place.

Is there one correct answer to that?
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He only 25 yrs old & had a 9 yr old son?? Damn. Evil story tho.
  • Brian B.
    Brian B. Members Posts: 6,717 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *reads title & assumes Chicago*

*clicks thread to confirm*

*confirmed*

as the sayin goes "all is fair in love & war"

& yall kno Chicago is a major hub for Mexican drug cartels...
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trillfate wrote: »
    time and place matter.
    i disagree

Take brother @Irony for example... he attended the million man March.. he even started the thread...

U know where im going with this......

Does ANY amount of preaching and appealing to the senses and Amazing Farrakhan speeches deter him from attempting to beat up the internet?

Free will bruh

Lmao

Thats a good point, bc thats a microscopic--- and completely make believe--- example of why this wont ever end: PRIDE

?

Thats a grown ass man who should know better, we have no real beef, I dont even take him serious, yet his pride got him thinking he HAS to keep his gimmick going. And this is the INTERNET! And its on ME to son this ? on some nah, this aint real, ima let you slide.

Now...what happens when u have people actually blocks apart, with real life beef, with real life 'peer pressure', with actual ridicule for 'letting ? slide' . Without an OG like myself to differentiate whats worth it and what's not?

Oh somebody gon DIE

So it will never end. This is deja vu to the 80s, Benji Wilson, Cabrini Green, etc

The heart and pride of the oppressed is a mfer. When you not in a good space, when you got nothing else BUT your pride, you act out.
  • fuc_i_look_like
    fuc_i_look_like Members Posts: 9,190 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr.LV wrote: »
    Somebody had to see this happen he was killed in alley at 4pm ,somebody needs to step up and out this ? bastard asap.
    Similar thing happened 2 months ago in my city: a 7yr old boy was killed in a driveby shooting at his birthday party in broad day light. Police been offerings rewards, still aint nobody talking. Smh damn shame all around
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Snipers ....dudes will think twice about that life when the wildest dudes in each gang start catching head shots from outta nowhere
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jobs is the only way
  • SolemnSauce
    SolemnSauce Members Posts: 15,860 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legalize weed in chicago