9 Year Old Lured Into Alley And Killed Due To Father's Gang Ties. Edit-Arrest Has Been Made

Options

Comments

• J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Here's what she said in her video:

"If a m---f--- telling you they gonna try to take your life, too, because of whatever the f--- is going on ... they already took my son. I walk to work, I get on the bus. I'm not trying to be a target for nobody," Karla Lee said in one of the videos.

Please, someone tell me, what would you do...

Why stunt on social media for everybody (including the people she claims to be in fear of) to see it after the purchase though?

If she was simply buying it for her safety, she would have just purchased it & stayed low key.
  • PapaDoc223
    PapaDoc223 Members Posts: 2,162 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is an issue of financial illiteracy that is prevalent in our community. Most people in poverty do not have acess to information on financial responsibility. This why teaching finances is vital.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

"If a m---f--- telling you they gonna try to take your life, too, because of whatever the f--- is going on ... they already took my son. I walk to work, I get on the bus. I'm not trying to be a target for nobody," Karla Lee said in one of the videos.

Why stunt on social media for everybody (including the people she claims to be in fear of) to see it after the purchase though?

If she was simply buying it for her safety, she would have just purchased it & stayed low key.

This guy gets the point.....
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • mc317
    mc317 Members Posts: 5,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rebootx1 wrote: »
    This ? been happening before these corny ass rap lyrics,

Never understood the whole "rap has has damaging lyrics forever, so that makes it ok" argument. That still dont mean it has any less influence on young, impressionable, often fatherless Black youth. Music got more influence on ppls behavior than ppl like to give it credit for.

Obviously music aint the only thing that influences negative behavior, but its definitely a contributing factor.

? was gettin killed in chi in the 60's and 70' bumpin the temptations
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mc317 wrote: »
    rebootx1 wrote: »
    This ? been happening before these corny ass rap lyrics,

Never understood the whole "rap has has damaging lyrics forever, so that makes it ok" argument. That still dont mean it has any less influence on young, impressionable, often fatherless Black youth. Music got more influence on ppls behavior than ppl like to give it credit for.

Obviously music aint the only thing that influences negative behavior, but its definitely a contributing factor.

? was gettin killed in chi in the 60's and 70' bumpin the temptations

Gangs ran Chicago during prohibition... It was just as violent era as is now..only difference was it was Italian and Irish gangs gunning and running alcohol and going to war with the FBI
  • ShencotheMC
    ShencotheMC Members Posts: 26,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @Elzo69Renaissance

Question... Do you think she loved her son?

It may be the Sotomayor video I just watched, but wouldn't she have tried to get him out of that ? ass neighborhood? Hell, even gotten insurance? Look I understand everyone can't just up and leave, but if I'm a parent and know I live in a highly violent area, I'm trynna get out by any means neccessary like my folks did
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

This guy gets the point.....

Man u dont even realize how far from the point you are

For 1 public perception is the least of someone's worries at that point

2, She's a once teen mother who probly undereducated who's now expected to be PR friendly

3, Why do people goin thru ? , whether it be contemplating suicide, just lost someone, or the new trend 'prayers up for @___'' , why do they do that? It just is what it is fam.

I hate ssocial media as much as the next man but is now the time to ? about it? Please. Have some fukin perspective man
  • rebootx1
    rebootx1 Members Posts: 961 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Here's a brief description of this situation it's deeper than this a guy got killed and his mom got shot so yeah this Fina get ugly ladies if u got teenage hard head boys MOVE epically if u on the southside I can see it being 100 more murders before Christmas, I never seen it this bad and I grew up in the late 80s 90s, open season for everybody now

https://youtu.be/FbXdbhS4LsQ
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But now they know she got a car and what car to look for

Sounds brilliant
  • THIRDSUPREME
    THIRDSUPREME Members Posts: 7,519 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

....TAKE THE MONEY AND MONEY AND MOVE TO A NICER NEIGHBORHOOD.
  • ghostdog56
    ghostdog56 Members Posts: 2,947 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I blame the mother for all this. This is what happens when you have relationships with gang bangers you might as well be in the gang yourself
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

relocate
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghostdog56 wrote: »
    I blame the mother for all this. This is what happens when you have relationships with gang bangers you might as well be in the gang yourself

sad thing is.... they put everything on facebook..so if i wanted to get at someone and i couldnt find them...i can see who they connected to in facebook and get them instead
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Having a car makes her an easier target. ? they been knew where she lived anyway ain't like they need help on that. And the baby daddy on Facebook distancing himself from her lol
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What car is it? If its a 300 imma cry tears
  • Beech Oss Neega
    Beech Oss Neega Members Posts: 1,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »
    The way to stop this ? in america is by sending all the children from 6th-12th grade to residential/military schools, They will be off the street most days of the year and better yet they will be away from their ? up parents and living environments. With the added benefit of learning strict discipline

This is actually a good idea
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all not from Chicago so y'all shouldn't speak on what goes on there...
    Nah but seriously, what can be done about these gangs?
    would y'all support the city going in and making 'known gang members' move?
    who destabilized the gangs?

Cmon bruh...

what?
    there is a problem in Chicago... I am interested in solutions. do u have any?

As we all are very aware at this point, to address and rectify a problem, we need to target the source. But before we even target the source we need to identify the problem(s).

1. Is the issue about gangs?
    2. Is the issue the violence?
    3. Is the issue the mentality of the modern day gangbanger?
    4. Something else?

Gangs are here to stay and as long as there are injustices in the world we will have violence. A gang is merely a group of 3 or more people who have clicked up for whatever reason. Reason = Purpose. So being that gangs and violence are here to stay, that energy/purpose must to be channeled in the right directions.

What is the mentality of the modern day gangbanger? Why?

There used to be a code of conduct, particularly in the midwest. To "spit yo lit" is to declare your oath/code of conduct.

I think a solution would be a collective renewed code of conduct. Pac did it with the code of Thug Life and it restored many bridges in the community (even if only briefly).
    CODE OF THUG LIFE

“I didn’t create T.H.U.G. L.I.F.E., I diagnosed it.” – Tupac Shakur.

In 1992 at the ‘Truc Picnic’ in Cali, Tupac was instrumental in getting rival members of the Crips and Bloods to sign the Code Of THUG LIFE. He and Mutulu Shakur had helped write up the ‘code’ , with help from other ‘og’s’. The Code of THUG LIFE is listed here.It details do's and don'ts for being a righteous thug and banger.

Code OF THUG LIFE:
    1. All new Jacks to the game must know: a) He’s going to get rich. b) He’s going to jail. c) He’s going to die.

2. Crew Leaders: You are responsible for legal/financial payment commitments to crew members; your word must be your bond.

3. One crew’s rat is every crew’s rat. Rats are now like a disease; sooner or later we all get it; and they should too.

4. Crew leader and posse should select a diplomat, and should work ways to settle disputes. In unity, there is strength!

5. Car jacking in our Hood is against the Code.

6. Slinging to children is against the Code.

7. Having children slinging is against the Code.

8. No slinging in schools.

9. Since the rat Nicky Barnes opened his mouth; ratting has become accepted by some. We’re not having it.

10. Snitches is outta here.

11. The Boys in Blue don’t run nothing; we do. Control the Hood, and make it safe for squares.

12. No slinging to pregnant Sisters. That’s baby killing; that’s genocide!

13. Know your target, who’s the real enemy.

14. Civilians are not a target and should be spared.

15. Harm to children will not be forgiven.

16. Attacking someone’s home where their family is known to reside, must be altered or checked.

17. Senseless brutality and ? must stop.

18. Our old folks must not be abused.

19. Respect our Sisters. Respect our Brothers.

20. Sisters in the Life must be respected if they respect themselves.

21. Military disputes concerning business areas within the community must be handled professionally and not on the block.

22. No shooting at parties.

23. Concerts and parties are neutral territories; no shooting!

24. Know the Code; it’s for everyone.

25. Be a real ruff neck. Be down with the code of the Thug Life.

26. Protect yourself at all times..

Another solution would be for the OG's to give the lil homies some responsibility of the upkeep and neighborhood clean up in the community.

These are our misguided soldiers of the neighborhood.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    pacyummy.png
    Max. wrote: »
    “I went out there. They be looking out for me,” he said.The one set want me to be down with them. The Black Stones want me to be with them. GDs be with them. I had a run in with them in Milwaukee. Cause that was when that little kid died. Yummy Sandifer. I had did a show the next day after they killed that kid. Cause you heard what happened, right? They executed him. I was out there when I did the show. The gang was in the f-cking audience. The whole gang has bought out the stadium. So I’m rapping to the n-ggas that just killed this kid. And they all screaming out “thug life!” I felt bad like they got it twisted. So I start cursing them n-ggas out. “Yall n-ggas cowards. Yall killed that kid. Yall n-ggas is punks. I hate all you n-ggas.” Them n-ggas start throwing sh-t We had a shootout in the stadium. It was tough man. The whole gang tore up the whole neighborhood.

“Then I started getting letters from that area with all the mothers, the girls was like ‘thank you for doing that cause everybody scared of these n-ggas,’” he continued. “That’s what I wanna do. If these gang n-ggas ain’t gon get straight then I want to take em out the game. Cause if they don’t, it’s gon make it tougher on us.”

Pac has long been advocate for ending youth violence. Tupac recorded the songs “Shorty Wanna Be Thug” and “Young ? ” in honor of Yummy and, in his words, “all other lil young ? that’s in a rush to be gangstas.”

Yummy was a Chicago youth who lived a life of extreme poverty and violence before he was tragically murdered at the young age of 11. His tragic upbringing and death earned him the cover of Time Magazine in 1994.

Earning his nickname from his love for cookies, Yummy was out in the streets early in life becoming a felon by age 9. Yummy, an affiliate of the notorious street gang Black Disciples, had his hand in numerous criminal activities, including arson, armed robbery, car theft and murder.

But it was Yummy’s upbringing that sheds light on his outcome. His mother was a prostitute and ? ? addict who spent time in and out of jail. Yummy never knew his father who was also incarcerated.

At the order of Black Disciple gang members, Yummy went on a shooting spree in late August 1994 targeting teens he thought were members of rival gangs. He opened fire on several teens with a 9-millimeter semiautomatic pistol. One of the bullets struck and killed 14-year-old Shavon Dean.

Yummy subsequently went into hiding following his actions. Fearing Yummy would snitch, BD members and brothers Cragg, 16, and Derrick Hardaway, 14, murdered Yummy execution style. Yummy was shot in the back of the head with two .25-caliber rounds.

Pac is my favorite rapper, but I have to be unbiased here. This is him throwing stones from a glass house.

He was gangbangin himself when they mobbed dude in Vegas hours before he was aired out.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? is a disgrace
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They got photos of her with a gun, a video of her ? poppin for a homemade rap video, her IG handle is BADASSMISTRESS...

The ? is obviously a mess

But the focus should be on a 9yr old child who was executed.

....and do better people, do better
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? gon Nig....
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    CTUNbZjUAAAU7eq.jpg
    Its hard to detect sincerity on Social media but damn this appears to be in bad taste..

The emojis and saying "bihhh" and he "got deleted" seems suspect.... but she can get a pass