Options
    JLacey wrote: »
    De la Hoya said Canelo vs Cotto gonna do 1.5 million. Boy stop
    i'm leanin closer to 1 million

• JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »
    Any of y'all got Fury beating Klitschko?
    my ? you got a betta shot than fury

He not gonna win but you sleeping on fury. Klitschko on the decline
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fury has a chance
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at about cooning
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This aint boxing thread worthy B..
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol at webbie trying to box. Dat ? box like a ? ha ha
    https://youtu.be/qTyDOPCqW7c
  • playmaker88
    Options
    That ? look like he bout to get knocked out
  • aneed123
    Options
    That ? look like he bout to get knocked out

Flopping all cross the ring
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv7s_rV7T2E

ABout Cooning responds to Floyd...

this ? ...
    hearing this ? makes my head hurt.
  • playmaker88
    Options
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Klitschko says he's open to a Joshua fight in 2016 if Joshua keeps winning
  • stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/shobox-on-dec-11-eight-unbeaten-fighters-collide--98062
    ShoBox on Dec. 11 - Eight Unbeaten Fighters To Collide - Boxing News

NEW YORK – ShoBox: The New Generation returns on Friday, Dec. 11 live on SHOWTIME® (10 p.m. ET/PT), with a quadrupleheader featuring eight undefeated prospects with a combined record of 92-0-3 in the final ShoBox telecast of 2015.

Headlining the DiBella Entertainment and Savarese Promotions-promoted event at the Bayou City Event Center in Houston will be talented 140-pound local prospect Regis Prograis (15-0, 12 KOs), who faces Abel Ramos (14-0-2, 9 KOs) in the 10-round super lightweight main event.

In the co-feature, Bryant Cruz (16-0, 8 KOs) takes on Wesley Ferrer (10-0, 5 KOs) in an eight-round lightweight bout.

Rounding out the telecast, fast-rising Ivan Baranchyk (8-0, 7 KOs) faces Andrew Ruiz (9-0, 5 KOs) in an eight-round super lightweight bout and Steed Woodall (8-0-1, 5 KOs) and Steve Rolls (12-0, 6 KOs) clash in an eight-round middleweight match.

“I am thrilled to present such a tremendous card for SHOWTIME on Dec. 11 featuring eight unbeaten up-and-coming prospects with a combined record of 92-0-3,” said Lou DiBella, President of DiBella Entertainment. “With each boxer looking to reach the next level, these types of matchups are exactly what ShoBox is all about.”

“I’m excited to team up with DiBella Entertainment and SHOWTIME on this great event Dec. 11,” promoter Lou Savarese said. “We can’t wait to feature these eight young, undefeated fighters in their toughest tests to date at Houston’s premier venue, the Bayou City Event Center.”

Tickets are on sale and are priced at $40 GA, $60 GA, $150 Table Seats & $200 VIP Ringside. Tickets can be purchased by visiting www.savaresepromotions.com or by calling (713) 658-0299.

To date, 135 fighters have suffered their initial defeats on ShoBox. With eight undefeated fighters on the card, four more O’s figure to go on Dec. 11. The question is, which four?

• stringer bell
    Options
    Prograis vs. Ramos

Last Aug. 7, Prograis made his ShoBox debut with an impressive eight-round decision over then-undefeated Amos Cowart. The hard-hitting Prograis landed an impressive 381 out of 909 total punches thrown, the 18th-highest connect total for a junior welterweight fight counted by CompuBox over eight rounds.

Originally from New Orleans, Prograis and his family have called Houston home since relocating following Hurricane Katrina. The bout on Dec. 11 will be Prograis’ first in Houston since June 2014 and he is expected to draw a raucous crowd. The highly regarded Prograis has tremendous power and speed, but if he’s going to compete against the elite of the 140-pound division, he must first get by Ramos.

“I want to thank the cities of New Orleans and Houston -- New Orleans for making me who I am and Houston for taking me in and making me feel at home,” Prograis said. “I am glad to be fighting back in Houston; this truly is my second home. The city took me in as one of their own after I moved here during Hurricane Katrina. Houston is close enough to New Orleans and I am expecting a great turnout come fight night. My opponent is undefeated and that’s all I need to know. He’s coming to win, and I am sure he will be tough. I am preparing for this fight just like I do all of my fights, with the mindset that this is the toughest fight I will ever have. Come Dec. 11, you will see a spectacular performance.”

Like Prograis, the 24-year-old Ramos was a stellar amateur, winning the bronze medal at the 2010 U.S. Boxing National Championships before turning pro the following year. Ramos ran his record to a perfect 8-0, and then met fellow undefeated prospect Maurice ? (currently rated No. 10 by the WBO) on ShoBox in January 2014. Ramos and ? slugged it out for eight rounds, battling to a majority draw in one of the most exciting fights on ShoBox that year. The only other blemish on Ramos’ record is another majority draw against Levan Ghvamichava (15-1-1, 12 KOs). Ramos has reeled off four consecutive victories with three by knockout, including an impressive second-round TKO over previously once-beaten Roberto Ramirez in June. The bout against Prograis will be his first since signing an exclusive promotional agreement with DiBella Entertainment. Ramos knows that a victory over Prograis will show the boxing world that he is one of the most talented up-and-comers in the division.

“I am very excited to have signed with Lou DiBella,’’ Ramos said. “He’s guided so many fighters to the championship level and I look forward to being added to that list. Right now though, all of my focus is on Dec. 11 and Regis Prograis. He is unbeaten just like me. I am sure he will be my toughest fight, just as I will be his. I am ready to rise to the occasion and show the boxing world I am one of the best in the division.’’

Cruz vs. Ferrer

Both fighters in the co-feature, Cruz and Ferrer, are New York natives. Cruz was a 2012 National Golden Gloves runner-up while Ferrer (a 2009 and 2013 Golden Gloves champion) competed at the 2012 USA Boxing National Championships, defeating 2011 National champion Semajay Thomas. The matchup features two exciting come-forward boxers aren’t afraid to mix it up. Cruz, now living and training in Houston under the tutelage of Ronnie Shields, has shown vast improvement since linking up with the renowned trainer. The bout will be the ShoBox debut for both young prospects, who will be looking to show they have what it takes to compete at the next level.

“I finally have the chance to show the world who I am and what I am about,” Cruz said. “I am excited to be stepping in there with another undefeated fighter who is going to bring the absolute best out of me. I have been working hard for an opportunity like this and it is finally here.’’

“I will be extremely focused and go in there to do what I do best,” Ferrer said. “I know Bryant Cruz personally and he is a great fighter, but I have a job to do and will not let him take away the victory from me."

Baranchyk vs. Ruiz

Prospects Baranchyk and Ruiz could produce “the fight of the night” in a matchup that has the makings of a slugfest. The Ukrainian Baranchyk, 22, has been impressive since arriving in the U.S. in 2014. He’s been on a tear this year, going 5-0 with five knockouts, all coming in three rounds or less. Baranchyk, a stablemate of Sergiy Derevyanchenko and Ievgen Khytrov, is looking impress when he makes his ShoBox debut against his toughest opponent to date in former nationally ranked amateur standout and now Robert Garcia-trained Andrew Ruiz.

“I couldn’t be more excited about this opportunity,” Baranchyk said. “I’m looking to follow in the footsteps of my stablemates Sergiy and Ievgen, who have had some of their best performances on ShoBox. I know that Ruiz is coming to fight, and he is going to be the toughest opponent I’ve faced, but my dream is to become a world champion and there is nothing and no one that is going to get in the way of that.”

Ruiz was one of the most sought-after amateurs coming out of the West Coast when he turned pro at 18 in 2012. After his first year and half as a pro, Ruiz had gone a perfect 7-0, getting major exposure fighting on a number of high level cards, included Pacquiao-Bradley I. Following a victory in August 2013, Ruiz took a break from the sport as he dealt with managerial and promotional issues. Ruiz signed with DBE last January and made his anticipated ring return in February, shaking off a bit of ring rust to get his career back on track. Ruiz, 22, last fought in August, scoring a sixth-round TKO over Andres Bustamante, his fifth knockout in nine career victories. Ruiz is looking to prove that he is the top prospect that so many thought he was when he takes on the dangerous Baranchyk.

“Baranchyk was an accomplished amateur and is currently undefeated, but I am ready for the challenge,” Ruiz said. “This is my shot to prove myself and I’m not going to let it slip away.”

Woodall vs. Rolls

The Woodall-Rolls bout pits two former amateur standouts in their toughest pro fight to date. Woodall was a five-time England National champion, two-time British champion and a quarter-finalist in the World Youth Championships before relocating to the U.S. and embarking on his professional career at the age of 19. Now 21, Woodall has relocated his training camp to Houston and linked up with world-renowned trainer Ronnie Shields. The always-exciting Woodall is an aggressive come-forward banger with good power in both hands. Woodall made his debut under Shields last Oct. 7 in New York City and looked sensational leading Shields to believe that he has what it takes to one day become a world champion.

“I have a great team that is working with me day after day,” Woodall said. “I have had the chance to spar some of the best fighters in all of boxing, including Edwin Rodriguez and Jermall Charlo, and I am looking forward to putting all that work into action come Dec.11. I’ve been putting in the work in the gym and now is my chance to prove it in the ring.”

As an amateur, Rolls competed on both the 2009 and 2010 Canadian National Boxing team, compiling an impressive 83-14 record. In September 2009, he went to the 2009 International Boxing Association (AIBA) Men’s Boxing Championship in Milan, Italy, where he lost in the round of 16 to 2008 Olympic bronze medalist Vijender Singh of India. Rolls, who will make his ShoBox debut, is coming off a unanimous decision last Sept. 19 in his first scheduled eight-round bout.

“Come fight night, I will be more than ready,” Rolls said. “I am looking forward to putting on a great performance in my national TV debut and showing the world I am a force to be reckoned with in the middleweight division.”

• stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/roc-nation-raises-ante-on-cotto-canelo-ppv-projections--98038
    Roc Nation Raises Ante On Cotto-Canelo PPV Projections - Boxing News

By Jake Donovan

During a recent media conference call, Hall-of-Fame boxer-turned-promoter Oscar de la Hoya insisted that the November 21 showdown between Miguel Cotto and Saul ‘Canelo’ Alvarez will sell more than 1.5 million units for their HBO Pay-Per-View headliner at Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas.

The driving belief behind that claim stems from the potential for all-out warfare between the two boxing superstars, but also – as de la Hoya insists – Alvarez’ massive drawing power. The 25-year old former super welterweight champ serves as the face of boxing for his native Mexico, which has historically boasted among the most passionate fan bases in the sport.

Naturally, the Cotto side of the equation disagrees. His handlers believe de la Hoya is selling short the Puerto Rican superstar… and is being too modest in his projections.

“Obviously not,” stated Roc Nation Sports CEO Michael Yormark when asked if he agrees with de la Hoya on Alvarez being the bigger star. “We feel it will be a major event for PPV because it’s a great fight. I know Oscar threw out the number of 1.5 million; our hope is that it goes between 1 million and two million. We hope it's closer to two million.

“They come from great countries with great fan bases. That's why we're so bullish and optimistic that it does a big number.”

Cotto (40-4, 33KOs) makes the second defense of his World middleweight championship, with the bout to be contested at a maximum catchweight of 155 lbs. It’s a weight at which Alvarez (45-1-1, 32KOs) will now have spent his last four fights following the November 21 event, which many believe is the best possible fight to be made in the wake of all things post-May 2.

The demand for the better part of more than five years was for Floyd Mayweather and Manny Pacquiao to meet in a battle that would once and for all determine pound-for-pound supremacy. By the time they agreed to terms, the realization hit that it would become the biggest event in boxing history – but stylistically also threatened to be a dud in the ring.

Both proved true, which is why so much emphasis on this promotion has been placed on the all-action fighting styles of Cotto and Alvarez, each coming off of knockout wins entering this event.

Alvarez enjoyed a triumphant return to HBO this past May, annihilating James Kirkland inside of three rounds, in front of 30,000 strong at Minute Maid Park in Houston. The HBO-televised drew well over 2 million home viewers, making it the most watched cable TV fight since 2006.

One month later, Cotto made the first defense of his championship with a 4th round knockout of former champ Daniel Geale. The bout took place in front of more than 12,000 adoring fans at Barclays Center in Brooklyn – Cotto’s first appearance in the venue, which just eight days prior hosted Amir Khan’s 12-round win over Chris Algieri – and performing remarkably well with home viewers.

Together, they should make – their respective promoters can only hope - for a main event that proves to be a treat for anyone in attendance or watching at home.

“This will absolutely be the fight of the year,” Yormark guarantees – a bold claim, considering he isn’t the one who has to get in the ring. “We believe this fight will provide greater dollar-for-dollar value of any fight in recent memory.

“You can feel the buzz building, not only in the boxing world but in the mainstream as well. Even Jay-Z and Oscar have been swept up in the excitement of this event, putting a $100,000 wager on this extravagant event.”

• stringer bell
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-sounds-off-rips-apart-floyd-mayweather-jr--98061
    La Hoya Sounds Off, Rips Apart Floyd Mayweather Jr! - Boxing News

by Carlos Boogs

For the December issue of Playboy, Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya penned an open letter to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

The issue officially hits the stands on Friday. Playboy provided an early copy to BoxingScene.com.

De La Hoya's company and Mayweather worked hand in hand for several years. Their relationship began after their record-breaking fight in May 2007. The relationship ended last year after Mayweather's close friend, Richard Schaefer, stepped down as Golden Boy CEO.

Mayweather and De La Hoya often traded words during their co-promotional relationship and it caused a lot of friction where Schaefer was usually caught in the middle as the referee to mediate the situation.

Mayweather retired on September 12th, following his dominating decision victory over Andre Berto at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. De La Hoya retired back in 2008, after suffering a TKO defeat to Manny Pacquiao.

Below are some of the tidbits from the letter.

"Truth be told, I’m not unhappy to see you retire. Neither are a lot of boxing fans. Scratch that. MOST boxing fans. Why? Because the fight game will be a better one without you in it. Let’s face it: You were boring. Just take a look at your most recent performance, your last hurrah in the ring, a 12-round decision against Andre Berto. How to describe it? A bust? A disaster? A snooze fest? An affair so one-sided that on one judge’s card Berto didn’t win a single round? Everyone in boxing knew Berto didn’t have a chance," De La Hoya wrote.

"I think more people watched Family Guy reruns that night than tuned in to that pay-per-view bout. But I didn’t mind shelling out $75 for the HD broadcast. In fact it’s been a great investment. When my kids have trouble falling asleep, I don’t have to read to them anymore. I just play them your Berto fight. They don’t make it past round three."

"Another reason boxing is better off without you: You were afraid. Afraid of taking chances. Afraid of risk. A perfect example is your greatest “triumph,” the long-awaited record-breaking fight between you and Manny Pacquiao. Nearly 4.5 million buys! More than $400 million in revenue! Headlines worldwide! How can that be bad for boxing? Because you lied. You promised action and entertainment and a battle for the ages, and you delivered none of the above. You took the easy way out."

"Boxing will also be a better place without the Mouth. Your mouth, to be precise, the one that created “Money” Mayweather. I know you needed that Money Mayweather persona. Before he—and Golden Boy -Promotions—came along, nobody watched your fights. You couldn’t even sell out your hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan. You’re going to have a legacy. You’ll be remembered as the guy who made the most money. As for your fights? We’ve already forgotten them."

"You’re moving on to a new phase of life now, a second act. I’m sure it will be nice not to have to train year-round. To get out of the gym and spend time with your family. But I’m wondering what you’re going to do. You have a lot of time and, at the moment, a lot of money. Maybe you’ll put your true skills to work and open a used-car dealership or run a circus. Or maybe you’ll wind up back on Dancing With the Stars. It’s a job that’s safe, pays well and lets you run around on stage. Something you’ve been doing for most of your career."

SuJ8PXF.gif
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kv7s_rV7T2E

ABout Cooning responds to Floyd...

this ? ...
    hearing this ? makes my head hurt.

That ? soul is crushed right now...i thought he was bout to cry.. this ? need to get it together, he burning too many bridges and it seem like he don't have enough people around him giving him game...? kinda sad actually, ? got like 6 kids
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    http://www.boxingscene.com/de-la-hoya-sounds-off-rips-apart-floyd-mayweather-jr--98061
    La Hoya Sounds Off, Rips Apart Floyd Mayweather Jr! - Boxing News

by Carlos Boogs

For the December issue of Playboy, Golden Boy Promotions President Oscar De La Hoya penned an open letter to Floyd Mayweather Jr.

The issue officially hits the stands on Friday. Playboy provided an early copy to BoxingScene.com.

De La Hoya's company and Mayweather worked hand in hand for several years. Their relationship began after their record-breaking fight in May 2007. The relationship ended last year after Mayweather's close friend, Richard Schaefer, stepped down as Golden Boy CEO.

Mayweather and De La Hoya often traded words during their co-promotional relationship and it caused a lot of friction where Schaefer was usually caught in the middle as the referee to mediate the situation.

Mayweather retired on September 12th, following his dominating decision victory over Andre Berto at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. De La Hoya retired back in 2008, after suffering a TKO defeat to Manny Pacquiao.

Below are some of the tidbits from the letter.

"Truth be told, I’m not unhappy to see you retire. Neither are a lot of boxing fans. Scratch that. MOST boxing fans. Why? Because the fight game will be a better one without you in it. Let’s face it: You were boring. Just take a look at your most recent performance, your last hurrah in the ring, a 12-round decision against Andre Berto. How to describe it? A bust? A disaster? A snooze fest? An affair so one-sided that on one judge’s card Berto didn’t win a single round? Everyone in boxing knew Berto didn’t have a chance," De La Hoya wrote.

"I think more people watched Family Guy reruns that night than tuned in to that pay-per-view bout. But I didn’t mind shelling out $75 for the HD broadcast. In fact it’s been a great investment. When my kids have trouble falling asleep, I don’t have to read to them anymore. I just play them your Berto fight. They don’t make it past round three."

"Another reason boxing is better off without you: You were afraid. Afraid of taking chances. Afraid of risk. A perfect example is your greatest “triumph,” the long-awaited record-breaking fight between you and Manny Pacquiao. Nearly 4.5 million buys! More than $400 million in revenue! Headlines worldwide! How can that be bad for boxing? Because you lied. You promised action and entertainment and a battle for the ages, and you delivered none of the above. You took the easy way out."

"Boxing will also be a better place without the Mouth. Your mouth, to be precise, the one that created “Money” Mayweather. I know you needed that Money Mayweather persona. Before he—and Golden Boy -Promotions—came along, nobody watched your fights. You couldn’t even sell out your hometown of Grand Rapids, Michigan. You’re going to have a legacy. You’ll be remembered as the guy who made the most money. As for your fights? We’ve already forgotten them."

"You’re moving on to a new phase of life now, a second act. I’m sure it will be nice not to have to train year-round. To get out of the gym and spend time with your family. But I’m wondering what you’re going to do. You have a lot of time and, at the moment, a lot of money. Maybe you’ll put your true skills to work and open a used-car dealership or run a circus. Or maybe you’ll wind up back on Dancing With the Stars. It’s a job that’s safe, pays well and lets you run around on stage. Something you’ve been doing for most of your career."

SuJ8PXF.gif

im mad ? even gave this story light lol they shoulda called his rehab and told him to reup after hearing this ?
  • playmaker88
    Options
    Oscar is a ? i bet he posed too
  • Rum Middleton
    Rum Middleton Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This ? ? Rousey on the cover of Ring Magazine....the ? ?
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Oscar is obsessed
  • aneed123
    Options
    Oscar a ? boy. The hate Floyd gets is crazy
  • Arya Tsaddiq
    Arya Tsaddiq Members Posts: 15,334 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just read that letter....

If that aint the definition of hate and jealousy i dont know what is.....
  • stringer bell
    edited November 2015
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Oscar is obsessed

He's mad about how Floyd outclassed him in the ring.. plus Oscar is mad about all the times his infamous "Blueprint to beat Floyd" failed over and over again.. Every time he gave it away...
  • killap
    killap Members Posts: 3,430 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Floyd destroyed Oscar more so mentally and financially than physically so I can't blame Oscar for still being salty.