My Therapist Told Me I Have No Conscience....

Options
hulkhelton
hulkhelton Members Posts: 200
edited June 2010 in For The Grown & Sexy
it boils down to i have never felt guilty for anything i have ever done my whole life ever...
ive felt worry about being caught... ive been ashamed after being caught but i have never had a guilty conscious...

we talked about different scenarios and what i would do and he decided what seperates me from a psychopath is that i have morals...

that means good parenting is really all that seperated me from being a normal functioning adult and being a serial killer...
its been an interesting 24 hours since i found this out...

just wondering if i am the only one lol...

Comments

• Hyde Parke
    Hyde Parke Members Posts: 2,573 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    how can u not have a conscious?
  • Craig Robinson
    Craig Robinson Members Posts: 2,819 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    does that make you unconscious, then?
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lmao......fiat, damn man! u a fool for that 1
  • hulkhelton
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Hyde Parke wrote: »
    how can u not have a conscious?

when i was younger they knew i had problems feeling empathy... like seeing someone i love in pain i cant understand what they are feeling...
    i can go over all the grimy things ive done that i dont feel guilty about but ive already done that with my therapist.
    i have never felt guilt. never not once.

he said i am a borderline sociopath
  • tru_m.a.c
    tru_m.a.c Members Posts: 9,091 ✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    hulkhelton wrote: »
    when i was younger they knew i had problems feeling empathy... like seeing someone i love in pain i cant understand what they are feeling...
    i can go over all the grimy things ive done that i dont feel guilty about but ive already done that with my therapist.

I mean ? we're kinda interested in hearing that ?
  • cuttadc13
    cuttadc13 Members Posts: 1,626 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    fiat_money wrote: »
    damn, this ? is unconscious and still making threads.

haaaaaaa!!!! Lmao
  • fiat_money
    fiat_money Members Posts: 16,654 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Real ? , morals, empathy, and emotions are all overrated.

Unnecessary even.
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    u may not understand or care what they are feeling, but you still acknowledge their existence, you are conscious of that u conscious of yourself, your surroundings...do you have a switch where you turn it off and on?
  • Hisoka
    Hisoka Members Posts: 83
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Damn, this ? is unconscious and still making threads.

Damn, lmao!
  • hulkhelton
    edited June 2010
    Options
    u may not understand or care what they are feeling, but you still acknowledge their existence, you are conscious of that u conscious of yourself, your surroundings...do you have a switch where you turn it off and on?

no i dont have a switch... im always on... we've talked about alot of my "emotions" are how ive been taught to act and how i have seen others act not really how i feel.
    i originally started therapy for an anger problem but its gotten pretty deep... i know some of you other cats go to therapy but too scared to put that ? out there like i did...

its okay though... at least i am finding out who i really am instead of who the whole system of school/church molded me into...

hopefully everyone comes to this point someday...
  • fiat_money
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? seems pointless, if you have what others call "morals", you're relatively close to being a "normal" person. Making the lack of empathy rather insignificant for societal living. If you consider things "right" or "wrong" and it coincides with what the majority considers "right" or "wrong", then that's what separates you from being a serial killer.

Now, if you were immoral--or even amoral like myself--then it'd be something interesting.
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    no i dont have a switch... im always on... we've talked about alot of my "emotions" are how ive been taught to act and how i have seen others act not really how i feel.
    i originally started therapy for an anger problem but its gotten pretty deep... i know some of you other cats go to therapy but too scared to put that ? out there like i did...

its okay though... at least i am finding out who i really am instead of who the whole system of school/church molded me into...

hopefully everyone comes to this point someday...

never been to therapy, thats usually for people who are "conscious" that they have some type of problem, and want to get to the root of that problem...thats cool tho, that you're discovering things about yourself..you probably could have figured this out on your own without a therapist, but everyone is different..
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    ? seems pointless, if you have what others call "morals", you're relatively close to being a "normal" person. Making the lack of empathy rather insignificant for societal living. If you consider things "right" or "wrong" and it coincides with what the majority considers "right" or "wrong", then that's what separates you from being a serial killer.

Now, if you were immoral--or even amoral like myself--then it'd be something interesting.

do you think serial killers are born that way, or is it developed?
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Real ? , morals, empathy, and emotions are all overrated.

Unnecessary even.

they are..
    its baggage so to speak.. and in this race called life, ? thats winnin aint got all that unnecessary ? on they back weighin them down..
    or stoppin on every turn to help out the helpless..

im jus sayin..
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    this thread has potential.
  • ysl313
    ysl313 Members Posts: 9,866 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    You have a conscience
    you just don't have sympathy

lmao at being unconscious but making threads
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Damn son u see a Therapist..

But how you dont have a conscience but voice your opinion about topics on this social forum
  • fiat_money
    edited June 2010
    Options
    do you think serial killers are born that way, or is it developed?
    Developed, one can have the potential to become a serial killer without becoming one.
  • caddo man
    caddo man Members Posts: 22,476 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    Dont know why but this thread has attention grabber or shock thread written all over it.
  • hulkhelton
    edited June 2010
    Options
    The anger problem is why i started therapy and i kept going...
    the thread should really say i have never felt sympathy,empathy or remorse.

by how ive been taught to act i mean...
    i did some ? and made my mama cry...
    if i didnt ACT remorseful my punishment would have been worse...
    i ? my wifes cousin almost monthly and everytime her cousin told my wife i didnt feel bad i just didnt want my wife to leave so i pretended to be remorseful...
    if i say something hurtful to my current s/o i dont say sorry i said that i say sorry that what i said bothers you.

i been over my anger problem mostly...

i dunno... this isnt really what i wanted to get into... i was just really wondering if i was the only person on here that feels this way...
  • babel
    babel Members Posts: 442 ✭✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options
    I've been wanting o go to a therapist bu not because of a particular feeling. I've always just wondered about what they might tell me about myself. Some ? that I might think is normal but really isn't.
  • QB - 4th Edition
    QB - 4th Edition Banned Users Posts: 2,298 ✭✭
    edited June 2010
    Options

you KNOW its grimey altho u dont feel anything?? hmmmmmm... interesting
  • hulkhelton
    edited June 2010
    Options
    you KNOW its grimey altho u dont feel anything?? hmmmmmm... interesting

lol its not hard to know you are doing something wrong even if you dont feel bad about it...
  • Hyde Parke
    edited June 2010
    Options
    lol its not hard to know you are doing something wrong even if you dont feel bad about it...

you said you didnt feel guilt. so how is it wrong? because others said so?