You aint no damn hero!!!!!!!

Options

Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Still thinking about joining the airforce after I get my AA So it'll be easier for me to pay for my bachelors / masters . I know I can Learn a lot .
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mrrealone wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    ? the military.

Hey, I'm just curious. Have you actually said that to a Service Member's face or were you being sarcastic??

Wtf?

Them ? ain't super human.

100. However, it's call respe.....

Oh! dang. Forgot this the internet.......

It's very rare that armed forces actually see battle bruh.

• mrrealone
    mrrealone Members Posts: 3,793 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the military.

Hey, I'm just curious. Have you actually said that to a Service Member's face or were you being sarcastic??

Wtf?

Them ? ain't super human.

100. However, it's call respe.....

Oh! dang. Forgot this the internet.......

It's very rare that armed forces actually see battle bruh.

Yeah, I know. Still work w/ em......
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've never asked for anything special being a vet, but for people to say ? them dudes, it's always some job somebody is going to do, high risk or not. ? ? in gangs shooting each other with no benefits so what's the difference
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I've never asked for anything special being a vet, but for people to say ? them dudes, it's always some job somebody is going to do, high risk or not. ? ? in gangs shooting each other with no benefits so what's the difference

I have no problem with vets. If you're cool you're cool if you're not then don't act like you deserve something more.

I Got family in the service.

But that don't make you a hero

That's all I'm saying. I would never disrespect someone I don't know but wouldn't kiss their ass either.
  • king hassan
    edited November 2015
    Options

I have no problem with vets. If you're cool you're cool if you're not then don't act like you deserve something more.

I Got family in the service.

But that don't make you a hero

That's all I'm saying. I would never disrespect someone I don't know but wouldn't kiss their ass either.

You just got some entitled ? out here. But personally I've never run across any vets that act like they heroes, a hero ain't nothing but a sandwich, good movie by the way
  • JusDre313
    JusDre313 Members Posts: 4,727 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    like others have said.. i did 6 in the AF got the ? out. few credits to go and i'm done with my BA.. all on uncle sam's dolla. Post 9/11 GI Bill>>>> student loans. I got to leave the hood, see the world etc etc

and thats coming from a dude who HATED it while i was in. But i been out 5 years now and realize it was probably the best decision i made. Couldn't do that ? for a career though
  • mrrealone
    Options
    JusDre313 wrote: »
    like others have said.. i did 6 in the AF got the ? out. few credits to go and i'm done with my BA.. all on uncle sam's dolla. Post 9/11 GI Bill>>>> student loans. I got to leave the hood, see the world etc etc

and thats coming from a dude who HATED it while i was in. But i been out 5 years now and realize it was probably the best decision i made. Couldn't do that ? for a career though

Lemme ask. Whats the least amount of time you can sign up for??
  • JusDre313
    Options

when i was going in (2004) it was 2,4 & 6 year enlistment. I signed up for 6 instead of 4 cuz i got a bonus. If i had to redo probably would have did the 4. but that ? varies from branch of service, MOS, time period. Cuz when i was in i had only met one cat in my career filed that had that 2 year enlistment. Doubt they doing that anymore. could be wrong though.
  • mrrealone
    Options

when i was going in (2004) it was 2,4 & 6 year enlistment. I signed up for 6 instead of 4 cuz i got a bonus. If i had to redo probably would have did the 4. but that ? varies from branch of service, MOS, time period. Cuz when i was in i had only met one cat in my career filed that had that 2 year enlistment. Doubt they doing that anymore. could be wrong though.

Cool.....

Lets say if you a college student in drowning in debt or need a better career choice, I can't deny and act like the military won't give a better shot at it. All for a few years......
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Your actions during adversity are what makes you a hero. With the military, you're job is being government property. And like all jobs some people get hurt, some people get killed, some just pick up a check. And you can do all of those things and not have had to face war. War being the only real test of who is and isn't a hero as they like to claim. And even then, it's not as black and white as Amerikkka wants to paint it.
  • JusDre313
    edited November 2015
    Options

Cool.....

Lets say if you a college student in drowning in debt or need a better career choice, I can't deny and act like the military won't give a better shot at it. All for a few years......

no doubt.. i knew a cat while i was in that joined JUST to get his citizenship.. IMO thats definitely worth it depending on the branch. I would say AF or Navy. I would tell anybody for college, citizenship definitely worth it, but i have to factor in Deployments. If it wasnt for those id say more people should join, do a couple years get ur GI bill and bounce
  • CockMcStuffins
    CockMcStuffins Members Posts: 1,972 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I did 9 months in the navy and they told me I had a personality disorder and kicked me out....go an honorable discharge though
  • JusDre313
    Options
    I did 9 months in the navy and they told me I had a personality disorder and kicked me out....go an honorable discharge though

the bolded is all that matters . did you still get you GI Bill?
  • JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I almost feel sorry for people who go into the service. It's like they never leave, even after they're discharged. I work with a few Vietnam vets and they talk about the service everyday, and they were discharged at least 20 years ago. That's not healthy to me.

Beyond that, I subscribe to the lessons of Sun Tzu's "The Art of War," which states that weapons are ill-omens that have no other function but for destruction and, therefore, should not be praised. Soldiers are trained to do very little thinking, and to act only to achieve whatever objective is set for them in combat.

"control a man's mind and you don't have to worry about his actions" - Dr. Carter G. Woodson

Furthermore, the real heroes who fight for freedom are often the men our soldiers ? in other countries. The last war that was fought for our freedom was arguably the Civil War. All other wars were fought for the purpose of expanding economic interests abroad. I can't, in good conscience, support such policy and behavior and call myself human.

• Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? the military.

Ill say it to anyone. ? them.

Bruh if you said that to my face I would say right on. I'm about to go on a 9 month deployment saturday. FML
  • twizza 77
    twizza 77 Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I almost joined the Navy, but I failed the admissions test by a point. Lol I'm glad I failed it because they tied scores into what kind job you can qualify for. If I would have barely passed, i probably be a gunners mate and painting boats and ? .

Looking back on how the recuriters pitched me on joining was kind of insulting. Saying I won't be able to travel and be successful without them.
  • twizza 77
    Options
    My boy joined the Navy and did a year before he went AWOL because he got tired of being told what to do. Lol
  • king hassan
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    My boy joined the Navy and did a year before he went AWOL because he got tired of being told what to do. Lol

? with any job somebody is telling you what to do, but I feel him tho
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol man no diss but i was in Paterson, nj when i got recruited.
    Recruiters stayed getting mad cause some of them kids couldnt pass the initial tests.
    Couple of em straight up was calling peeps ? , behind their backs of course
    In their face they were telling them same kids to study and come try again
  • twizza 77
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »

? with any job somebody is telling you what to do, but I feel him tho

True, but knowing him, he's lazy and goes on long streches between jobs. Lol At the time, he was buying whatever they were selling him up until after bootcamp, when he realized, he couldn't just up and leave, do whatever when he felt like it.
  • Ishi
    Ishi Members Posts: 4,649 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On a positive note.. The free salad I got yesterday at California Pizza Kitchen was bomb af.
  • blakfyahking
    blakfyahking Members Posts: 15,785 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't take these "? the military" type dudes seriously

cuz most of them are lil ? who never left their homes and stay on their mama's internet only using it to pop ? anonymously

I don't automatically respect someone because of their job regardless of their field

but I do hold a higher regard for anyone who uses 100% of their personal capacity to serve and takes a personal pride in their work, whether it's a nurse, cop, firefighter, teacher, soldier, sailor, marine, airman or whatever

mofos love to use stereotypes and the lowest common denominator to define a group....that's no better than a racist ass cac assuming all black people do "..."

the problem with the black community is we don't have enough of us who take pride in anything we do......that's why other groups assume we with accepting ? because we disregard taking ownership of anything that could be considered productive and beneficial to our community......black people should be more patriotic whether it's for this country or another one SMH
  • mrrealone
    Options
    I don't take these "? the military" type dudes seriously

cuz most of them are lil ? who never left their homes and stay on their mama's internet only using it to pop ? anonymously

I don't automatically respect someone because of their job regardless of their field

but I do hold a higher regard for anyone who uses 100% of their personal capacity to serve and takes a personal pride in their work, whether it's a nurse, cop, firefighter, teacher, soldier, sailor, marine, airman or whatever

mofos love to use stereotypes and the lowest common denominator to define a group....that's no better than a racist ass cac assuming all black people do "..."

the problem with the black community is we don't have enough of us who take pride in anything we do......that's why other groups assume we with accepting ? because we disregard taking ownership of anything that could be considered productive and beneficial to our community......black people should be more patriotic whether it's for this country or another one SMH

Exactly.....

maxresdefault.jpg
    @ the bolded. Don't make me bust a CAPS LOCK off in yo' @ss....