“blacks can be racist too"

Options

Comments

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Wuwop wrote: »
    Dam I didn't know we had white slaves in Africa, you would think America would have intervened.....

Read the part of the definition where is says "different race"

Races are arbitrary distinctions made between peoples. Hutu and Tutsi fit the bill.
    Classism?
    How many races would you say are in Africa?
    And does the influence of Germany have any responsibility in the issues seen between the two?

• jetlifebih
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    Ask her to name 1 African nation, where we systematically keep another race , at the bottom economically, and socially, with the belief that our race is superior or they are inferioir....ok then

Now, she is correct there are people of every creed good and bad, but there is no nation like America that goes to the extent these europeans go to , to oppress a specific people of orgin

? damn near all of East Africa.
    Not to say that ? speaking any truth

Are these African oppressing Africans?

• LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Dam I didn't know we had white slaves in Africa, you would think America would have intervened.....

Races are arbitrary distinctions made between peoples. Hutu and Tutsi fit the bill.
    Classism?
    And does the influence of Germany have any responsibility in the issues seen between the two?

As many as there are cultures

357ln5x.png
  • jetlifebih
    Options

Classism?

357ln5x.png

So there are different races of blacks?
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Ask her to name 1 African nation, where we systematically keep another race , at the bottom economically, and socially, with the belief that our race is superior or they are inferioir....ok then

Now, she is correct there are people of every creed good and bad, but there is no nation like America that goes to the extent these europeans go to , to oppress a specific people of orgin

Rwanda

Do u orangutans know howthat ? started?

It was classic conquer and divide...
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh people really need to research their black history
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    @LUClEN

Is khaleesi black in your opinion although having admitted she grew up in Spanish culture?
  • LUClEN
    Options

Classism?

357ln5x.png

Not very difficult to perceive, unless you're stuck on unfalsifiable racial tripartites that were spawned out of European attempts to justify colorism with pseudo science
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Classism?

357ln5x.png

Not very difficult to perceive, unless you're stuck on unfalsifiable racial tripartites that were spawned out of European attempts to justify colorism with pseudo science

Instead of race I'll say Mutants without the cool powers.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes ? just look at the Lord resistance army
  • D0wn
    Options
    @LUClEN

Is khaleesi black in your opinion although having admitted she grew up in Spanish culture?

Are we black? although having admitted we grew up in american culture...

Are ppl from Martinque and Haiti blk?since having admitted they grew up in a mostly influenced french culture.........
  • jetlifebih
    Options

I know Africans are oppressing Africans

my point was that on the grand scale of the world , Africans are the same in origin, of course there is a difference once you narrow the scope and start looking at physical characteristics
  • jetlifebih
    edited November 2015
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    @LUClEN

Are we black? although having admitted we grew up in american culture...

Are ppl from Martinque and Haiti blk?since having admitted they grew up in a mostly influenced french culture.........

It's funny you raise that first question, my friends and I were discussing whether or not "hip hop" is American culture...

Would I consider myself black? Yes

Haitians are black as well as any island/caribbean people
  • TheManInBlack4.0
    TheManInBlack4.0 Members Posts: 836 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a difference between instutional racism and personal racism.
  • The_Jackal
    Options

my point was that on the grand scale of the world , Africans are the same in origin, of course there is a difference once you narrow the scope and start looking at physical characteristics

All I'm saying is that in African nations it happens. No one is immune to racism and hatred
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can?... Sweet!
  • jetlifebih
    Options

All I'm saying is that in African nations it happens. No one is immune to racism and hatred

No doubt, i wouldn't call it racism, but definitely oppression and hatred
  • The_Jackal
    Options

No doubt, i wouldn't call it racism, but definitely oppression and hatred

Regardless if you hate some cause of race or hate because you just do it the same thing in the end
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    So chun li says some black dude yelled out the window something she couldn't remember yet she was soooooooooooo offended that she made a speech about it?

FOH ? , you couldn't even be bothered to make up a lie about what was said?

Get back to loving your white boy long time.

And of course reddit, the hideout for these lames cosigns her ?

https://www.reddit.com/r/news/comments/3so0bm/claremont_protesters_boo_asian_student_who_says/

"The Asian student is brave for standing up for herself and saying what she said"

"I agree. I would like to imagine that if something like this happened at my school I would be able to stand up for my views like she is.

But I don't think I would. You get labeled a racist immediately by people at your school, and you will probably be all over tbe internet.

They really know how to silence people"

"As a black man this is annoying as hell. Many black individuals are racist as hell, but for some reason beyond me, we can't be. That's ? .

Imo, black people right now are more racist then most white people i meet."

• Ubuntu1
    Ubuntu1 Members Posts: 852 ✭✭✭
    Options
    She was being completely reasonable. I'm understating that, I'm trying to keep my response tame because I don't even resent or look down on them for it but the truth is that 'liberal/SJW' reasoning is just so unimaginably backwards and irrational. I'm not saying that to insult them, it's true. They behave as though they can't understand the most basic concepts. People are individuals, not just generic members of a group or class. Discrimination on the basis of race is racism and black people are literally capable of discriminating against non-black people. We are literally capable of considering ourselves to be superior. The fact that no predominately black society has ever enacted *systematic* racism against non-black people (assuming this is true) or that some Western countries have a history of systematically oppressing African slaves and other non-white groups doesn't negate that.

These people are intelligent enough to understand why the concept of black people being capable of racism and white people not being *systematically* privileged is perfectly sound. They just don't care to even try to examine the issue objectively. As petty as it might sound, and it's not an ad hominem I want to base my argument on but they come off as though they're just caught up with the idea of being revolutionaries fighting against an unjust and tyrannical system so they can play that role and not just because they really want to help people.

"racism is prejudice + power"

It's insane to deny that virtually all black people have at least some power. I have the power to discriminate against women. I have the power to discriminate against people for reasons that don't tie them to a visible social group. But the exact same things that I can do to a woman that I do to a white person, because they are white, don't qualify me as racist even though they would qualify me as sexist or even just a bully or someone who has wronged someone else? This is tantamount to literally claiming that black people don't have the physical power to wrong or mistreat people. There are no racist laws against black people in the Western world, we have all of the legal rights that white people are supposed to. What racism against us that exists is carried out by select individuals, most of whom don't have any unusual institutional authority, and when it involves a clear violation of legal rights that we share with white people the perpetrators are punished. At the worst, you can say that minority groups are more vulnerable to racism because they are outnumbered but it's not systematic and there's no fundamental moral difference between 'personal' racism and institutional racism. Or, for that matter, between racism and mistreating someone for any non-race related reason.
  • D0wn
    Options
    There's a difference between instutional racism and personal racism.

No there isn't... personal racism is an aspect of institutional racism.
    A person being denied a job because of race was a personal decision, which also is an aspect of institutional racism alongside laws being passed and enforced etc.

There is a difference between racism, and using racial epithet.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »
    What a brave girl speaking some sense to those racist SJW black punks. PC culture is disgraceful absolutely sickening and completely out of control. Freedom of speech!

Lol, did I miss anything, @Copper ?

giphy.gif
  • LUClEN
    Options
    Ubuntu1 wrote: »
    "racism is prejudice + power"

But if the group has relatively no power then there is no racism, relatively speaking.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who removed my post? The ? !

I clearly explained both why blacks can be racist and yet suggested that black racism may not be as troubling as white racism. What was so offensive?

I really want to know who did this.

giphy.gif

You ever post anything not dipped in feelings or coonery?