Comments

• StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    This actually not a bad list though.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    What's the point of everybody having the same rappers on their list. This is a good. Don't see none wrong with kdot being in there when he 3 albums in and some people on this list doesn't even have 3
  • Ilike2get baked
    Ilike2get baked Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick but no Brad Jordan....Eminem over Nas....this thread was made with troll intentions
  • MECCA1000
    MECCA1000 Members Posts: 2,756 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think I gotta give Kendrick another real good listen.......cause I didn't hear nothing stand out powerful.....over say Mos, Com, or Kweli
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol at no Pac....theyre just trying to start something leaving him off and Wayne on

So y'all mad at Wayne being on it but not kendrick lamar?

• Siqnih Da Trapper
    Siqnih Da Trapper Members Posts: 1,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    lol at no Pac....theyre just trying to start something leaving him off and Wayne on

So y'all mad at Wayne being on it but not kendrick lamar?

• dwade206
    dwade206 Members Posts: 11,558 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They still exist? Lol @ Em being in the top 3.
  • supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No Prodigy or AZ? Really?
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Won't take any list seriously that don't have Pac in the top 5. Even tho he the GOAT and #1
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    What's the context? I mean all the artists on the list have varying degrees of success but there are few that I don't think should be in the top 10. I hate lists that don't at least explain the logic behind why they have who they have on their lists.
  • unspoken_respect
    unspoken_respect Members Posts: 9,821 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Pac is the only dead rapper with the resume to be on that list and he isn't on it. No disrespect to the other dead rappers.

LH
    Big rip
    KL
    Dre

Get your weight up. It's a difference between being top 10 lyricist and top 10 all time. I hate these top 10 list because it's a lot of opinion but I know bs when I see it.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    How is it too early to have Kendrick in a top 10 list but Biggie is #1 and K Dot not only has more music than Biggie but also has better music than Biggie.

• natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Everyone should stop making these lists lol..just playing, they make a good conversational piece. But yea I been saying Andre get too much love as a solo artist that only put out 1 solo album. Pac obviously need to be on there, but this ? is always a personal preference type a thing..I never really got into GFK so I could put other people there myself
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They on they Complex ?
  • FishNChips
    FishNChips Members Posts: 1,944 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    How is it too early to have Kendrick in a top 10 list but Biggie is #1 and K Dot not only has more music than Biggie but also has better music than Biggie.

Biggie's albums are 2 decades old mate. K. Dot's aren't even a quarter of that
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »

So what. Music is music. I think it's pretty stupid that someone has to die to get their talent recognized
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Take notes my ic brethren, this is what drugs do to the brain

• 5th Letter
    Options
    You dudes are hung up on the amount of albums Biggie dropped, it's about impact, and that's why Biggie is so highly regarded. If it's about the amount of albums dropped then Too Short would be the goat right about now.

And @buttuh_b music is subjective, "Kendrick has better music" is strictly your opinion.
  • buttuh_b
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »
    You dudes are hung up on the amount of albums Biggie dropped, it's about impact, and that's why Biggie is so highly regarded. If it's about the amount of albums dropped then Too Short would be the goat right about now.

And @buttuh_b music is subjective, "Kendrick has better music" is strictly your opinion.

IF it's about impact he shouldn't be #1 either. Really I can't think of any criteria that would put him at #1.

I know music is subjective but if you're saying "it's too early for Kendrick to be top 10" it sounds ? stupid when Biggie only has 2 albums and the argument can DEFINITELY be made that Kendrick's are better and he was actually talking about ? unlike Biggie.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

IF it's about impact he shouldn't be #1 either. Really I can't think of any criteria that would put him at #1.

I know music is subjective but if you're saying "it's too early for Kendrick to be top 10" it sounds ? stupid when Biggie only has 2 albums and the argument can DEFINITELY be made that Kendrick's are better and he was actually talking about ? unlike Biggie.

It's debatable, I don't think Biggie being number 1 is farfetched, but personally Nas is in my top spot. If people are saying it's too early for Kendrick then that should answer your question about whether or not he should be top 10. If Kendrick was really that dude no one would be debating it.
  • texasdaking88
    texasdaking88 Members Posts: 6,139 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    LMAO @ this list.. Kendrick Lamar?? Foh.. Wayne, from a historic standpoint, I'll give em that.. Lauren Hill.. Foh.. But they gotta have a chick...? this list tho
  • buttuh_b
    Options

It's debatable, I don't think Biggie being number 1 is farfetched, but personally Nas is in my top spot. If people are saying it's too early for Kendrick then that should answer your question about whether or not he should be top 10. If Kendrick was really that dude no one would be debating it.

If Biggie being #1 isnt farfetched then explain how Kendrick Lamar being top 10 is?? "If Kendrick was that dude no one would be debating it"??? ? outta here. If Kendrick Lamar was dead for 5 years im sure it would be perfectly acceptable to put him in the top 5. Yall just have stupid ass logic. If you gonna say he not top 10 because his music isn't good enough fine, but he has 5 very high quality projects over the past 6 years where you got rappers on this like Biggie, L Boogie, and Dre who haven't done ? since they made 0-2 albums. Don't give me that impact ? because you know there's at least 5-10 rappers in history who have had more impact than Biggie starting with another guy who was left off the list.

You think Biggie is really that dude and I'm debating you right now b.
  • 5th Letter
    Options

If Biggie being #1 isnt farfetched then explain how Kendrick Lamar being top 10 is?? "If Kendrick was that dude no one would be debating it"??? ? outta here. If Kendrick Lamar was dead for 5 years im sure it would be perfectly acceptable to put him in the top 5. Yall just have stupid ass logic. If you gonna say he not top 10 because his music isn't good enough fine, but he has 5 very high quality projects over the past 6 years where you got rappers on this like Biggie, L Boogie, and Dre who haven't done ? since they made 0-2 albums. Don't give me that impact ? because you know there's at least 5-10 rappers in history who have had more impact than Biggie starting with another guy who was left off the list.

If being dead makes you a shoe in for goat/top 5status then why aren't more dead rappers being crowned besides Tupac and Biggie? Biggie brought back the east coast from a commercial standpoint. I remember it dog, the west had a strangle hold on the game and he literally brought back the east coast. He dropped 2 highly influential albums, an album in Ready To Die that Nas himself (your favorite rapper) said influenced him to make It Was Written. Life After Death's formula has been emulated to this very day. You honestly cannot name 5-10 rapper MORE influential than Biggie.
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FishNChips wrote: »

So what. Music is music. I think it's pretty stupid that someone has to die to get their talent recognized

How old are you? 16? They say if you not informed you are deformed.I will help you with this lil'info about BIG so you don't have to be out here sounding dumb.When BIG was alive he was recognized, and respected as a great and goat level artist.
  • buttuh_b
    Options

If being dead makes you a shoe in for goat/top 5status then why aren't more dead rappers being crowned besides Tupac and Biggie? Biggie brought back the east coast from a commercial standpoint. I remember it dog, the west had a strangle hold on the game and he literally brought back the east coast. He dropped 2 highly influential albums, an album in Ready To Die that Nas himself (your favorite rapper) said influenced him to make It Was Written. Life After Death's formula has been emulated to this very day. You honestly cannot name 5-10 rapper MORE influential than Biggie.

LMAO exactly what formula from Life After Death has anyone emulated?? Please give specific examples. GKMC was more influential than both Big's albums. After GKMC everyone was trying to do story themed albums with skits and all that. You wanna talk about Biggie and Nas?? Biggie bit Nas on his debut album cover!! Thats the opposite of influential.

Influence wise:

Tupac
    Lil Wayne
    Gucci Mane
    Kanye
    LL Cool J
    Run DMC
    Jay-Z
    etc..

and we were talking about impact not influence. DMX, 50 Cent, Drake, Eminem all had bigger impact than Biggie when they were out. Sure Biggie might have been somewhere at the bottom half of the top 10 when it comes to most popular rappers during their times but just because he was the only commercially viable NY rapper when west coast was running ? in the early 90's doesn't mean he was the biggest or best rapper ever. There's plenty of other time periods and places besides NY in hip hop. It's understandable to say he's your #1 favorite rapper of all time but there's no objective criteria that would justify him being at the top of an actual list.