Latin American Racism on TV & it's North American Corporate Sponsors

Options
MasterJayN100
MasterJayN100 Members Posts: 11,845 ✭✭✭✭✭

Comments

• JokerzWyld
    JokerzWyld Members Posts: 5,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Henry Louis Gates touched on this in his "Black In Latin America" docu-series.
  • MasterJayN100
    Options
    i didnt know so many companies support this BS tho
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i didnt know so many companies support this BS tho
    Most of these companies are old companies, and or off shoots of old companies, that was started with old slave money....
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • cannonspike1994
    Options
    Donald trump is right deport those wetbacks.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Puerto Ricans are the only exceptions. They on our side. Which is why Dominicans and mexicans don't get along with them.
  • cannonspike1994
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    That's why I don't ride with that "Black and Brown" ? Jesse and Sharpton and other so called educated ? be talkin. Hispanics come from home countries that are anti-black af, and when they come here they carry the same attitudes.

? there other races ? there issues fight for blacks only.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    the thing with latinos is that you have to remember that they are racially diverse

and the blacks and mixed people there are just now starting to wake up to white supremacy; especially in places like Brazil, Colombia, and DR
  • cannonspike1994
    Options
    LPast wrote: »
    Blacks love Latinos though...

no we dont
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And black Latinos are a part of that ? ...the conditioning system of racist imagery is staggering
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    LordZuko wrote: »
    They don't all think that way.

Some hispanics / latinos are embarrassed by those goofy, out-dated Latin American tv shows.

Stop putting all of them in the same boat.

A lotta those countries are still living in the past and they don't have the racial diversity or "political-correctness" of the U.S.

So, yeah, a lotta those clowns are ignorant and uneducated, but they aint ALL like that.

There's some latinos who know how racially insensitive and asinine a lotta those shows are.

I'm pretty sure not every single latino or hispanic thinks this way, just like every single white person isn't classically racist. However, when the conditioning and instruction of a people is to be anti this or that, you don't need every member of a group to be racist or prejudiced in order for the system to be effective.

you just wanna stll ? on some latin ? , and keep a lean conscience, and that's your business. you can lie to yourself, but not to the IC

like i said "latin" can be of various racial origins so what do you say to black Latinos and mixed Latinos?
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    Puerto Ricans are the only exceptions. They on our side. Which is why Dominicans and mexicans don't get along with them.

Lmao that is not why Mexicans and Domincans don't get along with Puerto Ricans. People talk about latinos as if there's not different racial groups among us. There's still black and white latinos so you're gonna get the same black/white racial issues you get anywhere
  • blackrain
    blackrain Members, Moderators Posts: 27,269 Regulator
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    the thing with latinos is that you have to remember that they are racially diverse

and the blacks and mixed people there are just now starting to wake up to white supremacy; especially in places like Brazil, Colombia, and DR

Just now starting to? Nah. Black people been aware we're black in latin america, how our people are treated, and what comes with it. It ain't nothing new at all. Hell in some places it's deeper than it is in the states in terms of the level of discrimination that being black carries. You have no choice but to recognize and be aware of it
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lmfao... its sucks being african American, ? always wanna team up with non blk groups over other blk groups such as Africans, Jamaicans, n Haitians
  • MasterJayN100
    Options
    the world mocked us for too long
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all do know a lot of Latinos are black right?
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    Y'all do know a lot of Latinos are black right?

Who's arguing otherwise?
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I'm Mexican by girlfriend is Puerto Rican so that's not necessarily true
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    blackrain wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »

Just now starting to? Nah. Black people been aware we're black in latin america, how our people are treated, and what comes with it. It ain't nothing new at all. Hell in some places it's deeper than it is in the states in terms of the level of discrimination that being black carries. You have no choice but to recognize and be aware of it

not everywhere

with DR and Brazil being the best examples
    the Anglophone nations of the Americas (US and Caribbean) had a "Black Power" "Civil Rights" "New ? " etc. movements that instill pride in blackness, Africaness, etc
    the Francophone had "negritude" etc.

Hispanophone and Brazil didn't have any black consciousness movements (with the exception of Cuba and Puerto Ricans living in the US). its only now that you are seeing large scale movements, particularly in Brazil

and there's a difference between knowing you are black and becoming aware and fighting white supremacy, which was what i was alluding to in my post
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i always get into heated debates in the DR .
    they dont think they are black an hate being called black
  • MasterJayN100
    Options
    i always get into heated debates in the DR .
    they dont think they are black an hate being called black

but they love making money off of black culture tho