? Ben Simmons...

? ain't in the league yet so no telling how he gonna be
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Harden need to cut that ? partying out asap if Thibs ever came to Houston.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I seen someone say that it look like Harden is out of shape too
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He needs to anyway but still
  • ZydecoShawty
    ZydecoShawty Members Posts: 2,936 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »
    The main area where Simmons still has quite a bit of room for growth is as a shooter. Although he does get solid rotation on the ball and has some natural touch, Simmons' shooting mechanics aren't ideal, as he sports a fairly slow windup and involved his ring and pinky finger too much on his release. The Aussie did knock down a couple of mid-rage jumpers and banked in a three, but his jumper still remains his biggest question mark moving forward.

Given his inconsistencies as a shooter at this stage of his development, Simmons is best as a playmaking power forward who would thrive in a system where he's able to handle the ball and create for his teammates.

From DraftExpress.com http://www.draftexpress.com/#ixzz3rrYL4PVt
    http://www.draftexpress.com

2 games in and this guy still hasn't even attempted a college three pointer yet, so how does this guy spaces the floor for AD again?

AD has made more threes this season than he has in his first 3 years in the league.

you can teach a dude how to shoot 3's...c'mon zydeco fam

I can't stand disingenuous arguments and fake parallels...

what?

let me ask you this. Do you really think that as talented of a player that Ben Simmons is, that at no point in his career, he will be able to develop a 3 point shot?

Ben Simmons ain't playing for John Calipari like Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony-Towns did. He has the freedom right now to expand his offensive game in a way they couldn't under Calipari, so why is this guy afraid to shoot 3's? Is it because he already understands his limitations offensively?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    44Since88 wrote: »
    Thibs would need a training camp to implement his defense.Doubt he takes a job during the season unless he's hungry to coach asap

Do you think he'd be a good hire?

Yes and No.Yes cuz he could definitely help defensively,demand the respect mchale couldn't and have the rockets playing with consistent effort

No cuz dwight look like he's starting to breakdown and thibs might destroy dude,he don't know how to balance mins no matter how deep the roster is and thibs is stubborn he's not open minded to suggestions he plays his circle of players and that's that.If he's changed those things then I don't see any issues in general and offensively harden is better than rose was so they can survive with that half court offense if they play elite defense.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    L
    The main area where Simmons still has quite a bit of room for growth is as a shooter. Although he does get solid rotation on the ball and has some natural touch, Simmons' shooting mechanics aren't ideal, as he sports a fairly slow windup and involved his ring and pinky finger too much on his release. The Aussie did knock down a couple of mid-rage jumpers and banked in a three, but his jumper still remains his biggest question mark moving forward.

Given his inconsistencies as a shooter at this stage of his development, Simmons is best as a playmaking power forward who would thrive in a system where he's able to handle the ball and create for his teammates.

2 games in and this guy still hasn't even attempted a college three pointer yet, so how does this guy spaces the floor for AD again?

AD has made more threes this season than he has in his first 3 years in the league.

Bruh that like not drafting bron cuz he couldn't shoot when he came out of HS
  • Ghost of Jaemooms
    Ghost of Jaemooms Members Posts: 857 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Houston, I never thought the coach was the problem..
    kanye-west-shrug-dgaf-funny-hilarious.gif
  • ZydecoShawty
    edited November 2015
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    L

Bruh that like not drafting bron cuz he couldn't shoot when he came out of HS

You REALLY taking ? too far with this comment comparing this dude to Lebron coming out of high school.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

what?

let me ask you this. Do you really think that as talented of a player that Ben Simmons is, that at no point in his career, he will be able to develop a 3 point shot?

Ben Simmons ain't playing for John Calipari like Anthony Davis and Karl Anthony-Towns did. He has the freedom right now to expand his offensive game in a way they couldn't under Calipari, so why is this guy afraid to shoot 3's? Is it because he already understands his limitations offensively?

real ? Zydeco, have you actually watched the two LSU games?
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i remember some idiot saying Houston had the best players at 2 separate position in the league...now somehow the coah is to blame...
  • ZydecoShawty
    Options

what?

real ? Zydeco, have you actually watched the two LSU games?

https://youtu.be/iDkiyFUhxSI

He's afraid to shoot the basketball even when he's WIDE open, he'd rather drive it str8 to the basket, not even a mid-range. How does this style of basketball compliment Anthony Davis? Unless you trynna turn AD into a spot up shooter just so this guy can have open driving lanes to the basket?
  • Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder if dwight now realize, how good he had it in orlando....... i mean that team was built
    around him, stan was part of the reason why he looked so dominant......

but he ? and went to the lakers and the rockets and hasnt looked as dominant since...

they need that perfect coach that can blend howard and harden styles together ....
    you hardly see these ? both dominate in the same game together........

too bad phil jackson isnt a coach no more, its no doubt he would have these ?
    playing the right way with all that talent they have..........
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who woulda been on the magic had dwight stayed in Orlando though?
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In Houston, I never thought the coach was the problem..
    kanye-west-shrug-dgaf-funny-hilarious.gif

What was the problem then jaemooms?
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When they not listening cool but it's easy to blame the coach when things go wrong. It was time for Mchale to get the axe but you can't teach effort and hustle.

Harden is the leader, whether he wants to be or not, and everything trickles down from there.

If he taking plays off, going to the strip club every night not giving a ? then the whole team is gon take on that identity.
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i know its early but it seems as if there are like 2 consistent teams midway through the first month and while the spurs have been playing surprisingly well on paper they have looked inconsistent as well they just havent looked so great this year but i would not be surprised to see kawhi inching himself into the mvp talk if he continues to play the way he is playing -- at his current level he will be a repeat dpoy

i mean i still dont know what the bulls are

yet with a win tonight they can sit atop the east

they can be really good
    somewhat mediocre
    inconsistent

again, i know its too early to look at the standings but it just seems like a weird start to the nba season all around

coaches out here getting fired 11 games into the season following a 56 win year with an injury riddled team and wcf showing

lmao

?
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wolf Pack - LaVine, Wiggins, Towns

https://youtu.be/iq_haV8vZL4

they are 5-1 on the road and 0-5 at home

yeah, that makes sense

i dont get how rubio is so important but he is

5-2 with him
    0-4 without

+ i think a large part with how bad they were last year mixed with how passive lavine and wiggins could be but this year theyve kicked it up a gear and wiggins seems to be attempting a ft line dunk or a poster every game
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • detcatinva
    detcatinva Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thibs would need a training camp to implement his defense.Doubt he takes a job during the season unless he's hungry to coach asap

We talking about the same guy who called off his wedding for coaching
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    detcatinva wrote: »

That's some GOAT ? though lol

Basketball over ?
  • detcatinva
    Options
    Beta wrote: »
    detcatinva wrote: »

That's some GOAT ? though lol

Basketball over ?

? only sensative beta would say
  • detcatinva
    Options
    Ben simmons at best is gonna be a lamar odom with his head on straight
This discussion has been closed.