Kendrick Lamar May Be Retiring ‘To ? A Butterfly’

Options

Comments

• psychobutcher
    psychobutcher Members Posts: 1,538 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Turfaholic wrote: »
    Just had a ? vibing to the "These Walls" video. She loved it so much she replayed it.

I don't see why ? like Kendrick ain't making get it popping music.

I played the "Alright" video just so she could see images of the Bay Area and she fell in love with that song.

Y'all ? trippin

We're supposed to base our musical tastes off of some ? you probably ain't even ? ? Cool...

See me in the playas thread my brotha. We can talk all day or shoot it out.

You can the have playas thread. I'm sure every broad you ? is gorgeous. It still doesn't mean their opinion on anything means ? .
  • psychobutcher
    Options
    *You can have*
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    *You can have*

we got mobile edit ?
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You seem like a horrorcore fan.

@genocidecutter get ya mans n nem
  • psychobutcher
    Options
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    *You can have*

we got mobile edit ?

Hahaha. Didn't want to ? it up more, playboy.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    Interesting decision
  • psychobutcher
    Options
    You seem like a horrorcore fan.

@genocidecutter get ya mans n nem

? please. You seem like a ? who quit reading books once school stopped requiring it. You think a lil ? ? from Compton is some kind of messiah. Also, anyone that needed a rapper's video to spark their desire to travel is an idiot.
  • Turfaholic
    Options
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol it is funny how ? act like Kendrick is the Messiah of rap
    An lol at Kendrick saying he made it for the people who can't afford but sellin the album... This ? a hypocrite
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    An lol at Kendrick saying he made it for the people who can't afford but sellin the album... This ? a hypocrite

:s
  • clippyclipp n*gga
    clippyclipp n*gga Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    We didn’t do that album for popular culture. We did that album for people who have no way out. We did that album for people who can’t even afford to go to the shows. We did an album for people who need hope. You don’t prostitute that.

But tha album was for sale tho...
    Dude should stick to what he's got going, and keep it pushing
    Sounds like he's allowing opnion of others to Affect his craft.
    He also said he made his album for his core fans
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    tumblr_nn6ztnokCy1qfmgozo5_400.gif

During his Kunta’s Groove Sessions, Kendrick Lamar performed songs off of his increasingly polarizing album To ? A Butterfly.

But that may not be something he continues to do.

“This might be the first and last time I perform ‘To ? a Butterfly’,” Lamar told fans during the Dallas stop of the tour, which featured intimate venues.

In an interview with Complex, K.Dot’s producer Terrace Martin elaborated on the decision to retire TPAB.

Kendrick has talked about possibly not performing songs from To ? a Butterfly after he finishes the run of Kunta’s Groove Sessions.

Why?

We didn’t do that album for popular culture. We did that album for people who have no way out. We did that album for people who can’t even afford to go to the shows. We did an album for people who need hope. You don’t prostitute that.

It’s also been noted that the material on the album isn’t necessarily right for the type of larger venues Lamar could play. In fact, during his recent festival appearances the crowd thinned out when K.Dot took the stage.

http://news.hiphopearly.com/kendrick-lamar-may-retiring-? -butterfly/#

Yaaaaaaaawn... dude probably say that every concert.
    He had two shows in NYC. On the 4th n 5th of Nov. i wasn't able to go. by the time i found out, the tickets were sold out.
    The Kunte Groove are all in intimate venues. the one in ny was in the meat packing district, ? holds 4k -5k maybe less . From the ppl that went, they said it was great.

Also
    I never understood the notion that, tpab album is not for larger venues?

Why is that?
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good, get that trash ass album the ? outta here.

Bring back that S80 and Kendrick Lamar LP ?
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And this is supposed to be a top 10 rapper of all times. This is why I said every rapper except Ghostface on that Billboard list is garbage and I mean the ? while yall catching feelings and burying posts I already knew TPAB was on some hypocrite ? but now he voluntarily censoring himself? The excuse he providing makes no sense. The whole point of being an artist especially an hip hop artist is free expression. He sound like IOVINE gave him these orders. If he is too chicken ? to perform songs from TPAB I ask you dickriders what will he perform then? all he got is them dated 4 year old joints from GKMC or mixtape tracks from last decade. This is way of transitioning to a lazy generic rapper but he trying to keep the benefits and hype of being a so called "lyricist". Aint no ? way he can be ranked 9th or mentioned amongst any greats if he is blacklisting his own album.
  • Turfaholic
    Options
    tompetrez3 wrote: »
    And this is supposed to be a top 10 rapper of all times. This is why I said every rapper except Ghostface on that Billboard list is garbage and I mean the ? while yall catching feelings and burying posts I already knew TPAB was on some hypocrite ? but now he voluntarily censoring himself? The excuse he providing makes no sense. The whole point of being an artist especially an hip hop artist is free expression. He sound like IOVINE gave him these orders. If he is too chicken ? to perform songs from TPAB I ask you dickriders what will he perform then? all he got is them dated 4 year old joints from GKMC or mixtape tracks from last decade. This is way of transitioning to a lazy generic rapper but he trying to keep the benefits and hype of being a so called "lyricist". Aint no ? way he can be ranked 9th or mentioned amongst any greats if he is blacklisting his own album.

? what he's doing is genius.

When hip hop historians listen to TPAB down the road, its going to paint a image of real life black america in 2015. He's protecting his work. Mark my words, our grandkids are going to hear ? ? in Gucci flip flops and laugh because Gucci is going be a hot item in Burlington Coat Factory. ? need to open up y'all eyes.
  • D0wn
    edited November 2015
    Options

When hip hop historians listen to TPAB down the road, its going to paint a image of real life black america in 2015. He's protecting his work. Mark my words, our grandkids are going to hear ? ? in Gucci flip flops and laugh because Gucci is going be a hot item in Burlington Coat Factory. ? need to open up y'all eyes.

Both of yall are dumb ? . the simple fact Kendrick said it's the first time performing TPAB....when the tour actually kicked off in October, says that, Kendrick said that to make the show much more intimate to the fans.
    Another fact...the article said this took place in Dallas , the Dallas show was on Oct 29... do the math. This was posted on Nov 18.
    Another thing, Kendrick added more shows. it initially was supposed to be 8 city, 8 shows. He did more. He did 2shows in the Meat Packing District in NYC. those shows were added, they weren't originally scheduled...matter of fact, the NYC show was after the Dallas show.
    700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good that album has no replay value

Such a dissapointment after droppin a classic

He gotta come back strong
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Lol
    TayGettem wrote: »

• D0wn
    Options
    Album is A Klassick...
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man.. I been bumping that album every week! Not all the songs though I deleted some out but I don't get tired of these

JRQY4Nf.jpg

I also get the point of his argument. How many HipHop albums in the mainstream do you hear saxophone horns accompanying almost all the songs?

My ? dropped a great record. Unto the next... .
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Translation..... We ain't doing it becuz crowds leave and the ones that do stay get put to sleep
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick realizes that he strayed too far from the hood with his last album. He sees the lackluster sales and reaction to him at these concert events.

I think that his next album will gravitate back to the GKMC formula, which is a smart move.