Taye Diggs Doesn’t Want People Calling His Bi-Racial Son “Black”

Options

Comments

• obnoxiouslyfresh
    obnoxiouslyfresh Members Posts: 11,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    I don't trust no ? that talk like that. This ? real life out here. Mixed children are black and parents that don't instill that in them and send them off into the world are playing a dangerous game.

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

A mixed child is a mixed child. A blk child, is a black child..

A mixed child is a black child, and this should be understood by white people when they procreate with blacks, so there is no need to take the ? personally. Self identifying as black is not disowning your white side. It is simply an acknowledgment and constant reminder of the consequences that come with being in this skin. Attempting to hide from that is dangerous and destructive because he is willfully choosing to disarm his son against threats mobilizing around him by simply being oblivious, but that is his choice. However, many of us already know that black people cannot afford the luxury of being this delusional. I hope he can handle his wake up call when he receives it.
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't trust no ? that talk like that. This ? real life out here. Mixed children are black and parents that don't instill that in them and send them off into the world are playing a dangerous game.

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

A mixed child is a black child, and this should be understood by white people when they procreate with blacks, so there is no need to take the ? personally. Self identifying as black is not disowning your white side. It is simply an acknowledgment and constant reminder of the consequences that come with being in this skin. Attempting to hide from that is dangerous and destructive because he is willfully choosing to disarm his son against threats mobilizing around him by simply being oblivious, but that is his choice. However, many of us already know that black people cannot afford the luxury of being this delusional. I hope he can handle his wake up call when he receives it.

Not always SOCIETY is changing and Mixed people are self identifying as being mixed and not black.
  • 5onblackhandside
    5onblackhandside Members Posts: 2,585 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    white ? in black face ass nukka
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    grYmes wrote: »
    Declining to identify yourself as black can be seen as a way of disidentifying with a stigmatized group, and so it naturally raises eyebrows.

In this case, though, it is not someone who is declining to identify as black, just someone saying how he wants someone else to be identified.

In any case, a case can be made that blacks are better off if bi-racial people were considered a distinctive racial group, instead of black.

He just got banned? ? it, my kids "bi racial" but in the end of the day we know what color they are in that police line up. ? outta here with that over analyzed ? .

Exactly that police description is not going to say we are looking for a bi racial suspect lol

? ? a police report.
    the ? ?
    A police report?

These police reports are like commandments for u nigg nog u lars.

Thats why we're at the bottom. We letting ppl dictate who we are. The police, Old ass Slave ? 's one drop rules...smfh

Just tell me the last time an APB said they were looking for someone bi racial ? all that other ? about ? one drop rule, same ? talking bout Obama need to say somethin bout blacks being killed by police then say he not even 100% black[

So Obama has to be blk, to say something?
    when over 90% of a racial group vote for a man twice, they're not suppose to demand anything from him?

They only demand it cuz they identify with him being a man of color, if you think a white president would be expected to speak up you foolish
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mryounggun wrote: »

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

In a vacuum, this is accurate. But...we don't live in a vacuum. That seems to be what people either don't understand or refuse to acknowledge.

What vaccum is that?
    That's why blks in this country, and around the world has been ? . we live in other ppl's reality.
    We out here following there rules on how to be us.

• mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wuwop wrote: »

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

In a vacuum, this is accurate. But...we don't live in a vacuum. That seems to be what people either don't understand or refuse to acknowledge.

You can not sell me a pit mixed with a terroir and tell me oh it's a pit. I will milly rock you upside your head

First of all...pits ARE terriers. But for the sake of argument...

Second, if your landlord or insurance doesn't allow pits, what you think they gonna tell you when you tell them 'Oh no, it's a pit mixed with a terrier!'. They gonna be like '? get the ? outta here with that PIT!'. Meaning you can try to identify it as whatever you want, but society has determined that any dog mine with a pit...is a pit. Right or wrong, fair or unfair...it's just the reality.

Same with 99% of mixed kids.
  • mryounggun
    edited November 2015
    Options

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

What vaccum is that?
    That's why blks in this country, and around the world has been ? . we live in other ppl's reality.

You're smarter than that, bruh. I'm not talking about anything idealistic or commenting on whether it's right or wrong. It's just the reality of the situation. Halle is the first black woman to win the Oscar for best Actress, Obama is the first black president, the world trashed Raven Symone for being adamant that she didn't want to be called black, the world trashed Tiger Woods for not wanting be called black.

This is all very clear.
  • Undefeatable
    Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jniam wrote: »
    Diggs' logic is, white and black means mixed, not JUST black. It's sound logic, but I think we're giving it a hard time because of his previous outlandish comments. However, in reality, once you have one drop of black in you, you are black. Simple. I see the world for how it is, not how I would like it to be.

No, you're not.

Stop trying to place people in the black race who do not belong there.
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    zzombie wrote: »

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

Not always SOCIETY is changing and Mixed people are self identifying as being mixed and not black.

Not true i just googled race job applications and mixed people were asking if they should check black because they think employers would be on that affirmative action ? they gon identify with whatever helps then get ahead
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    Blake Griffin?

If you didn't know his dad was black what would you think he was?
  • D0wn
    Options

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

A mixed child, is a mixed child. If that mix child wanna claim black, no problem. If he wanna claim racial ambiguity, again no problem, that child is mixed.
    An actual blk kid can't do that, hence why the child is blk. procreated by two ppl that are mostly comprised of one race.
    Ex:Sasha n Maliah
    A mixed child is procreated by ppl that are mostly comprised of two different races. Ex:Obama
    Deep down, a mixed child know their mix. When they realize one parent is wht, and another is blk. They ask themselves these questions.

Delusional my ass.
    Freedom is a state of mind. how are u free, but still follow your opressors rules?
    Deep down, ya ? know y'all still slaves.

And ? what society thinks. Society tell us blacks aint ? , so do u look at your self, as aint ? ?
  • D0wn
    Options

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

What vaccum is that?

You're smarter than that, bruh. I'm not talking about anything idealistic or commenting on whether it's right or wrong. It's just the reality of the situation. Halle is the first black woman to win the Oscar for best Actress, Obama is the first black president, etc.

This is all very clear.

According to who????
    Again, y'all ? are following , and living in other ppl's reality.
    The day blk ppl set parameters for our selves, and start creating our own reality, only then will things change.

Until then, enjoy all this discrimination, and injustices... ie the good fight.
  • mryounggun
    Options

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

What vaccum is that?

You're smarter than that, bruh. I'm not talking about anything idealistic or commenting on whether it's right or wrong. It's just the reality of the situation. Halle is the first black woman to win the Oscar for best Actress, Obama is the first black president, etc.

This is all very clear.

According to who????
    The day blk ppl set parameters for our selves, and start creating our own reality, only then will things change.

And on that glorious day, then you will be right. Until then though...Obama is black. In Jesus' name, Amen.
  • ericb4prez
    Options
    If your child was getting a drivers license and it only allow you to check 1 race no option for mixed, what would you tell your child then
  • D0wn
    Options

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

What vaccum is that?

This is all very clear.

According to who????

And on that glorious day, then you will be right. Until then though...Obama is black. In Jesus' name, Amen.

According to who tho?

Say it.
    Dont b shy.

resisting_slavery.jpg

• jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

You can not sell me a pit mixed with a terroir and tell me oh it's a pit. I will milly rock you upside your head

Second, if your landlord or insurance doesn't allow pits, what you think they gonna tell you when you tell them 'Oh no, it's a pit mixed with a terrier!'. They gonna be like '? get the ? outta here with that PIT!'. Meaning you can try to identify it as whatever you want, but society has determined that any dog mine with a pit...is a pit. Right or wrong, fair or unfair...it's just the reality.

Stop that white boy ? you knew what I was talkin about, and a landlord wouldn't say no pits he would say no pets
  • mryounggun
    Options

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

Stop that white boy ? you knew what I was talkin about, and a landlord wouldn't say no pits he would say no pets

I have no clue what you talking about, B. Sincerely. And what the ? are you talking about? Plenty of apartments have breed restrictions on dogs. Plenty of homeowners and renters insurance companies won't cover houses where certain breeds live.

But that's a different thread.
  • zzombie
    edited November 2015
    Options

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

Not true i just googled race job applications and mixed people were asking if they should check black because they think employers would be on that affirmative action ? they gon identify with whatever helps then get ahead

just the fact that they would have to ask if they should check black only reinforces my point, in the mind of someone that knows they are black there would be no need to wonder what they should check.

Also if they are only identifying as black to attain affirmative action benefits then that is also problematic because it means that are only black when it's convenient or when they can get something out of it.

so that means that when they can't get something out of it then it's ? you ? i'm biracial.
  • ericb4prez
    Options

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

just the fact that they would have to ask if they should check black only reinforces my point, in the mind of someone that knows they are black there would be no need to wonder what they should check.

Also if they are only identifying as black to attain affirmative action benefits then that is also problematic because it means that are only black when it's convenient or when they can get something out of it.

so that means that when they can't get something out of it then it's ? you ? i'm biracial.

The werent asking because they didnt know if they were black, it was more so im mixed but what would get me the job telling I'm mixed or saying I'm black
  • jetlifebih
    Options
    LUClEN wrote: »
    Being black doesn't mean you're not also white. Objects can have 2 origins

How do you mix two cultures especially one who's culture is to oppress the opposite culture????

Not saying they can or can't have 2 origins
    not every white culture wakes up and say "how can we ? over the black race today"

Slavery was implemented hundreds of years ago and still persists today, so they don't have to wake up everyday with the intent of oppressing you ,especially if they already have you oppressed

bruh the great slave trade had slaves go all over the world not just to america.. also not saying that isn't any truth to what you are saying but bruh.. there are plenty of other "oppressed" races out there...

but you make it seem like if you teach you bi racial child the white side of them you gone say " well about 300 years ago mommy would have had to own daddy.." when her family could have been immigrants that came here in the 1920s.

That's why you teach your child history, in a chronological order, from an African perspective or viewpoint

I would teach my child that when her family came they were allowed to become police officers to police daddys side of the family and enforced racist views ,which allowed them to economically eclipse daddys family in one generation so instead of speaking on the injustices for daddy as she claims to love daddy, they benefited from them

What would you tell yours?? Cause ain't no way I'm having anything but black children (both mom and dad and both grand parents) @damobb2deep

that's extremely closed minded.. smh..

but I would will tell my children the truth.. not some stereotypical "all whites are against us" bullshyt...

How is it close minded?

Open minded allows for homosexuals and transformers to win woman of the year after acting like a woman for 4 months, basically shifting on what real woman go through harsh but true

There is a difference between tolerance and being closed mined.. like right now I'm in another thread going back and forth with @Westie about the fact that I feel there is an agenda going on with having ? story lines on tv and I don't agree... that does not mean I'm homophobic... I just think it is a little much.. you are saying that basically you shouldn't befriend a white person because they all are out to oppress you... that is close minded...

I agree, there is a ? agenda, I oppose ? in their belief but I don't wanna ? em , however I will try to support my opposition with facto's not feelings

All I am saying is after reading the truth, why would you wanna be friends with em?? Do any of your white friends speak on their history? And what is their stance?

@damobb2deep
  • jetlifebih
    Options

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

I have no clue what you talking about, B. Sincerely. And what the ? are you talking about? Plenty of apartments have breed restrictions on dogs. Plenty of homeowners and renters insurance companies won't cover houses where certain breeds live.

But that's a different thread.

Is that the extreme?? Or the norm??
  • zzombie
    edited November 2015
    Options

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

The werent asking because they didnt know if they were black, it was more so im mixed but what would get me the job telling I'm mixed or saying I'm black

Your response does not counter my point because If they thought they were black they would not have that problem as a black man i cannot trick someone into thinking i am something else.

you cannot just be black when you feel like it
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Most mixed people acknowledge that they are mixed. Many also identify as black. Which is cool and I welcome it. but no matter how many times you people say "THATS A ? " they're still mixed black. they are not the same as a child with two black parents
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The fact that y'all think that race is a concrete categorization of earthlings is pretty fascinating...
    'White' is a social class meant to make everyone else 'other'...
    If his kid can pass he white, if not he will be 'othered'... It's not really up to him or his kid...
    He could call himself a tuna sandwich and it wouldn't matter...
  • ericb4prez
    Options

Mixxed = mixx
    Black= black

Your response does not counter my point because If they thought they were black they would not have that problem as a black man i cannot trick someone into thinking i am something else.

you cannot just be black when you feel like it

What do you think of my drivers license question