One Has To Go: AZ & Nas, Raekwon & Ghostface, Redman & Method Man, Dre & Snoop, Kanye & JayZ

Options

Comments

• supergangster
    supergangster Members Posts: 8,872 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z
    Now the thread would go crazy if it was Raekwon & GFK vs NAS & AZ.

Thats hard but nas and az Chemistry is slighty better
  • Doubleday4life
    Doubleday4life Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z
    I'm from the Chi but fu** Kanye, his name doesn't equate to the legends in that poll.
  • Doubleday4life
    Doubleday4life Members Posts: 450 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z
    Ibex wrote: »
    Ibex wrote: »
    Nas & AZ don't have as many collabs as the those listed, and the Firm album would be the weakest compared to the projects released by other artists.

It's not about body of work, it's all about chemistry and quality.

This would be the GOAT duo album even a top 5 album overall

The Genesis
    Lifes a ?
    The flyest
    Serious
    The Essence
    How Ya livin
    More money more homicide
    Affirmative action
    Gimmie yours
    Phone Tap
    Firm Biz

Yea but ? in Paris>>>everything you just listed

KYS!!!!!
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raekwon & Ghostface
    5 Grand wrote: »
    mryounggun wrote: »
    What is the BEST Rae and Ghost joint, in y'all opinion? I could never ever really get with them ? . It was more their delivery than anything else.

Listen to Rainy Days , Raekwon's verse is flawless.

Rainy Days - Raekwon feat Ghostface and Blue Raspberry (Raekwon goes in @ 2:52)

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IGlJeDmq50Q

Wasn't for me, my ? . I just listened to it again, but I've got that album and have run through it a million times because of the reverence around it. You know how certain rappers just ain't for certain people? I'm thinking that may be the case for me when it comes to Wu Tang as a whole. Because it's not just the rappers. I've never been a fan of RZA as a producer either.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z
    For the record I don't know why ? is being mentioned, they didn't even collab on one song

So now Gangstarr ain't a duo?

what about eric b and rakim?

what about Pete Rock & CL Smooth ?

Bruh..

Dr dre produced the whole album.

Then your thread don't make any sense, if we are talking about rapper/producer combo then why are they matched up with Nas/AZ, Ghost/Rae and Red/? ? There's no producer/MC in those duos, I'm talking straight rapping who got the better material and who got the best chemistry rapping on a track, if you want to bring in production then Kanye and Jay gets that much stronger and probably doesn't lose the poll
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raekwon & Ghostface
    What is the BEST Rae and Ghost joint, in y'all opinion? I could never ever really get with them ? . It was more their delivery than anything else.

Wasn't for me, my ? . I just listened to it again, but I've got that album and have run through it a million times because of the reverence around it. You know how certain rappers just ain't for certain people? I'm thinking that may be the case for me when it comes to Wu Tang as a whole. Because it's not just the rappers. I've never been a fan of RZA as a producer either.

My thoughts exactly, nothing about wu tang says good music to me

People gonna catch feelings over what your saying though
  • supergangster
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z
    Both kanye and dre got ghostwriters and both producers of course They got lyrics they wrote by themself aswell but the fact dre produced ? he gotta be a goat and of course its always gonna be apart of his legacy. When i think bout ? first thing that comes to my mind is thé producition. They got so Manny classics together when they both rap and the track beinged produced by Dre.
  • supergangster
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z
    I am sorry for some miss spelling I live in Sweden and its like -15 right now
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z

Thats how I feel about Outkast.
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Raekwon & Ghostface

Thats how I feel about Outkast.

Word. And just like it's prolly insane to you that I don't like Wu...I think you're ? nuts for not digging 'Kast. Like How is that ? even possible? Lol.

I get it though. I think some peoples ears just aren't built for certain ? . Wu is that for me.
  • supergangster
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z
    Every music aint for everybody. I hate UGK their music is really bad.

Outkast got some songs that I like but overall they are overrated.
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AZ & Nas
    corniest ? on the list..
  • mryounggun
    Options
    Raekwon & Ghostface

Now this is what I gotta disagree with. The rest of your comment is exactly why 'overrated' isn't really a thing. No one is overrated. If you think Outkast is overrated, it's just because most other people rate them higher than you because they like them more than you. So suggest someone is overrated means that there is one correct rating for them and anything more is overrated and anything less is underrated.

Really - like you said - everything just ain't of everybody.
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z

Now this is what I gotta disagree with. The rest of your comment is exactly why 'overrated' isn't really a thing. No one is overrated. If you think Outkast is overrated, it's just because most other people rate them higher than you because they like them more than you. So suggest someone is overrated means that there is one correct rating for them and anything more is overrated and anything less is underrated.

Well they sold 10X Platinum. My father bought Speakerboxxx/Love Below and he was in his 60s when that album came out. He bought it to see what the hype was about (I think they won a few Grammys) and I listened to it a few times. I feel like it was decent album but I don't understand the Grammy awards and the diamond sales. So in that sense I do feel like they're overrated.

I don't understand why none of Wu Tang's albums have gone diamond. In fact, there's a few rap groups that i would think should have gone diamond by now. Nas, Jay, The Roots to name a few.
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z
    Kanye bodied Jay on Watch the Throne
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Redman & Method Man
    ? I didn't fully read the OP
  • DR. JEK
    DR. JEK Members Posts: 5,331 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z
    blatalian wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    DR. JEK wrote: »
    Y'all ? really letting Snoop slide because of ? hunh?! Can somebody please tell me what tha ? else Snoop has EVER done dope besides ? ?? And I even saw ON THIS SITE that D.O.C. was tha true artist behind ? after he broke his throat (nh) and I believe it because everything else Snoop has done has been Top Shelf Grade A butt gravy Hershey juice...

What about all the stuff on the Chronic? You finna tell me Deep Cover was wack? That wasnt on ? . Next Episode wasnt on ? . Still D.R.E, Just Dippin, the classic joint wit Snoop dre and Devin tha dude, come on man, you reaching bruh. They may be hit or miss without each other but you hard pressed to find bad tracks with them working together.

You get The Chronic and ? ...besides that tha rest of that ? can dissappear and I wouldn't give 2 ? ...

Even those two are more than enough to beat Watch the throne album and " Run this Town"

Buuut if you get rid of them you lose Jay's whole catalog and Kanye's whole catalog...gimme both of those catalogs over anything else Snoop has done besides ? and his contributions to The Chronic...

Thee End lol

You dont lose they whole catalog as solo artist, you just lose the terrible chemistry together and stupid songs like Run this town and ? in paris. This thread is about which duo's work the best together and which duo should get left out because chemistry wise they not sicker than the other three duos. I didnt take it like if i vote against Jay and Ye we gonna delete college drop out or the blueprint from the record books. You ever just stop to think that maybe just maybe Jay and Ye are just better by themselves? Dont mean Dre and Snoop better on the mic maybe they just sound way more natural and bring the best out of each other more than the watch the throne guys.
  • GetoBoy
    GetoBoy Members Posts: 3,879 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Redman & Method Man
    Jay and Ye made too much commercial rap to even have a chance in this poll..... But ? call WTT wack need to ? forever becuz that was far from wack
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    Jay and Ye made too much commercial rap to even have a chance in this poll..... But ? call WTT wack need to ? forever becuz that was far from wack

Do you post about anything other than caping for Jay? Serious question
  • tompetrez3
    tompetrez3 Members Posts: 6,669 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z
    Jay Z and Beans-Yes
    Jay Z and Bleek-Absolutely
    Jay Z and Biggie-Why Not
    Jay Z and Kanye-No!
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z

I agree with this for the most part, but I do think there is such a thing as overrated. Sometimes artists are given more credit than they deserve. To me Kanye is overrated as a rapper mostly because people conflate his quality as an artist with his quality as a rapper.

Like someone said this should be an easy vote. Every pair on there could be a bonafide duo except Kanye and Jay. They are just two ? rapping together. Replacing them with Eminem and Royce would have made this a more interesting topic.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Raekwon & Ghostface
    WTT gets unnecessary hate. Jay was spitting , it was really a black excellence album

Bruh stop
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z
    Well they sold 10X Platinum. My father bought Speakerboxxx/Love Below and he was in his 60s when that album came out. He bought it to see what the hype was about (I think they won a few Grammys) and I listened to it a few times. I feel like it was decent album but I don't understand the Grammy awards and the diamond sales. So in that sense I do feel like they're overrated.

I don't understand why none of Wu Tang's albums have gone diamond. In fact, there's a few rap groups that i would think should have gone diamond by now. Nas, Jay, The Roots to name a few.

You haven't even heard Southernplayalistic, ATLiens, or Aquemini all the way thru
    I bet the only songs you've heard from OutKast are off of Stankonia and Speakerboxx/Love Below
    Thats like listening to "Back From Hell" & "Down With the King" from Run DMC and basing an opinion
    on their music from it when you don't even know the half of what they've contributed to the game in years prior..
  • Tsotsi Cape Town
    Tsotsi Cape Town Members Posts: 1,724 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z

You haven't even heard Southernplayalistic, ATLiens, or Aquemini all the way thru
    I bet the only songs you've heard from OutKast are off of Stankonia and Speakerboxx/Love Below
    Thats like listening to "Back From Hell" & "Down With the King" from Run DMC and basing an opinion
    on their music from it when you don't even know the half of what they've contributed to the game in years prior..

Woah...this ? tryna speak on 'Kast and he ain't even heard Southernplaylistic all the way through?
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kanye & Jay Z
    I like Jay and Ye collabos, i just aint feel a whole album WTT wasnt all that to me

And you're right. Sadly felt kinda like kanye was outta his league at certain moments