No Old Friends

Options
Jamaican Curry Bwoy
Jamaican Curry Bwoy Members Posts: 706 ✭✭✭✭
I just turned 27, 5 days ago. And I've come to the realization that some of my oldest friends are phonies and could really not give damn about me. I had a party for my b-day at a club, they showed up, but it was a bad vibe. I've finally realized that they're not down for me. Like they're not happy to see me happy.

Have any of you experienced this as you get older?

Comments

• numbaz...80's baby
    numbaz...80's baby Members Posts: 5,104 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    I made a post similar to this in a thread about a week ago. Some black folks are happy to see you doing well until you're doing better than them. "Get $$$ but don't get more $$$ than me" ass ? .

It's simple bro, you outgrow ppl every 5-7 years with the exception of a few folks. Its either by choice or by force. If not, something is wrong with you & others have outgrown you.
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Options
    I made a post similar to this in a thread about a week ago. Some black folks are happy to see you doing well until you're doing better than them. "Get $$$ but don't get more $$$ than me" ass ? .

It's simple bro, you outgrow ppl every 5-7 years with the exception of a few folks. Its either by choice or by force. If not, something is wrong with you & others have outgrown you.

I have no problem with rolling solo, but I dont like the games. Hanging around you just to make you feel inferior, nah B! But even before the party I was feeling negativity from them. In fact it was some new peoples I'm cool with that set up the event.
  • vagrant-718
    vagrant-718 Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    When I was younger my sister told me "as you get older, you'll only be able to count your true friends on one hand".

700 Members Posts: 14,496 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Thats how it be

Best friends become strangers with age
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just turned 27, 5 days ago. And I've come to the realization that some of my oldest friends are phonies and could really not give damn about me. I had a party for my b-day at a club, they showed up, but it was a bad vibe. I've finally realized that they're not down for me. Like they're not happy to see me happy.

This is the most depressing thing I heard all week
  • brown321
    brown321 Members Posts: 1,439 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is true. I only have two friends, 1 homie I've known since birth and A chick I met five years ago.

Don't really desk with anyone else.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not sure if this is the case with you, but I've learned that it's hard for people that haven't been successful to be happy for other's success. They simply can't relate because they haven't experienced it. You can't be mad at them though.
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Problem is seeking validation from others. You are the problem not them. You mad cause, ? showed up and didn't to celebrate YOU they way YOU thought they should? FOH..

• xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I cut snakes and snake activity out of my life immediately upon discovery. Do that and just be happy that they won't be around to mess up your energy anymore

Can you elaborate any more OP? What were some of the things they were saying/doing?
  • 7figz
    7figz Members Posts: 15,294 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They probably was like that all along, and you didn't notice.

It's a rare person that's happy for somebody else doing well - especially if they're struggling. This ain't a Black thing either. Picture being poor and one of your boys becoming rich - how many people gonna be like "I'm happy for dude" while they about to be evicted ?

I'm pretty sure this ain't a Black phenomenon either.

Then you got the ? -made generation of dudes who have ? -tendencies. Like how females be talking about the next chick like ? , but still tend to hang wit'em.

Just sayin'.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Problem is seeking validation from others. You are the problem not them. You mad cause, ? showed up and didn't to celebrate YOU they way YOU thought they should? FOH..

This is the best answer in the thread
  • Brother_Five
    Brother_Five Members Posts: 4,448 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »
    you should be friends with this guy named stopitfive on here, yall would be bff since yall both old and realize nobody likes either of you ?

I'm the coolest old head at the carwash tho...
  • babelipsss
    babelipsss Members Posts: 2,517 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welcome to adulthood t/s!
  • Trollio
    Trollio Members Posts: 25,815 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Trollio wrote: »
    you should be friends with this guy named stopitfive on here, yall would be bff since yall both old and realize nobody likes either of you ?

I'm the coolest old head at the carwash tho...

I knew it,next time I'll throw you some change
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn, OP haven't responded yet....? must be lonely af
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Options
    Kwan Dai wrote: »

I already stated we had bad vibes before the party
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

I cut snakes and snake activity out of my life immediately upon discovery. Do that and just be happy that they won't be around to mess up your energy anymore

Can you elaborate any more OP? What were some of the things they were saying/doing?

I wont write but to keep it simple. His fiance was trying to put me on to a girl she knew she asked my friend for my info and a pic. Guy had all the info but never sent it. But in the same breathe would make jokes on me being single. Then after his GIRL finally took the initiative to hook me and her friend up. Me and her friend hit it off...That's when he tried to sneak and talk to here on the low. F*ckin ? bag. Or lets say you got a new job, He acts like he's happy for you,until people start paying you attention and giving you props. Then he wants to down play you and what you do.
  • Jamaican Curry Bwoy
    Options
    When ts realized he was the ugly ? in the crew
    280348.jpg

I've been realized that, ? . :/
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Elaborate on this "bad vibe." This sounds like some entitled ? .
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i always find it funny when i see people who dont allow themselves to make new friends..

all childhood friends should be reevaluated once u become an adult.. as a child one, ur too young to be making life decisions, friends is one of them.. and second, they was only ur friends in the first place due to proximity.. if yall didnt grow up on the same block or go to the same school then u wouldnt even know the muthafucka..

im lucky.. i got a handful of friends iv been tight wit over 20 yrs.. but i got some that i consider good friends iv only been knowin 5 or less..

i live by a motto ur net worth is ur network..

basically t/s stop worryin about aint ? people u jus so happened to grow up wit and find friends that have gre to be in the same sphere as u.. u have a new proximity now..
  • MrMinimalist
    MrMinimalist Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sometimes you have to pay for new friends. That's going to new places, traveling, seminars, etc. If I'm not making money connections with new people then it's no point.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Yo my brother.Only ? with Older people.People you can learn something from.Cut all the drinking buddys & smoking buddys cause they will just be there when it´s all good and give ? up advices.Plus don´t tell people what you plan to do.