kanye-2010-vmas.jpg

kanye_xxl2010_1.jpg
kanye-west-xxl-mag.jpg

kanye-Horace-chain.jpg

Comments

• grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    One of the best albums to come out this decade. Not perfect in my eyes but it's definitely the last great Kanye album. With what he's been putting out lately I don't see Swish touching this (hope it's better than Yeezus).
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is my favorite Kanye West album out his discography
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Im not really sure if Kanye can top this album musically.
    nj2089 wrote: »
    One of the best produced hiphop album this decade or the last 10 years

Great production, but he doesn't have the voice to make a perfect album imo. If another rapper said those lyrics over the same beats it could have been 5 mics. But there's something about Kanye's voice that turns me off. He's not bad and he's better than a lot of rappers, but I can't say he's a top tier, A list MC.

Man shut ya old ass up
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Great production, but he doesn't have the voice to make a perfect album imo. If another rapper said those lyrics over the same beats it could have been 5 mics. But there's something about Kanye's voice that turns me off. He's not bad and he's better than a lot of rappers, but I can't say he's a top tier, A list MC.

Man shut ya old ass up

So you think Kanye has a great voice? I'm not talking about his lyrics or his flow, Im talking about the actual tone of his voice.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    This album is the masterpiece in what is a stellar catalog. I always have the conversation with my boys on how to classify Ye's legacy. U can't call him a great lyricist but outside of yeezus, which I like, Kanye has a damn near perfect solo catalog. How is he not top 5? What would be the argument against? It'll be interesting to see how he's remembered once he retires but MBDTF is top 3 albums for me. Still bump this ? regularly

I like Ye but to a point. He's put out some great albums and when he's focused he can suprise you... But lyrically there's a lot more MCs just better than him honestly. MDTF is a great album but since then he's dropped off pretty ? far with the wordplay. Even his production on his songs since then to me haven't been up to par with what he's put out before. 808s and Yeezus don't help either (tho to me 808s is the better album). He's capable of so much better than what he's delivered the last four years. But hey it's my opinion, maybe it's an generational thing.

• _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    This album is the masterpiece in what is a stellar catalog. I always have the conversation with my boys on how to classify Ye's legacy. U can't call him a great lyricist but outside of yeezus, which I like, Kanye has a damn near perfect solo catalog. How is he not top 5? What would be the argument against? It'll be interesting to see how he's remembered once he retires but MBDTF is top 3 albums for me. Still bump this ? regularly

Yea it's hard to rank Ye. His catalog is one of the greatest in hiphop, but he had ? write full songs for him. Cant be top 5 with a team of writers.
  • Rubato Garcia
    Rubato Garcia Members Posts: 4,912 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Man shut ya old ass up

So you think Kanye has a great voice? I'm not talking about his lyrics or his flow, Im talking about the actual tone of his voice.

Man shut ya old ass up

As long as it isn't distracting I give no ? about a rapper's tone of voice. You sound kinda suspect with that comment tbh.
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Good album, not a classic tho you Kanye stans need to ? .
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hated this album, the production was so wack, like he was trying to hard to be original but it came off as a failed attempt
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »

Yea it's hard to rank Ye. His catalog is one of the greatest in hiphop, but he had ? write full songs for him. Cant be top 5 with a team of writers.

Yeah that's why I consider him more of an artist in general than a rapper.

He's a better overall song maker than rapper imo
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    I don't hate the album but I ain't really a fan of it either shrugs
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My favorite Kanye album

Its been all downhill from there