Rick Ross Admits He's One Of The Biggest Ghostwriters In The Game

Options
MrCrookedLetter
MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
edited November 2015 in The Reason
rickross..jpg

Ghostwriting has been present in hip-hop for decades, but it became a hot topic of discussion again after Meek Mill accused Drake of not writing his own raps. In a new interview with Time, Rick Ross opens up about his experience with ghostwriting, claiming that he’s one of the biggest ghostwriters in the rap game. He opens up about it in a new song called “Ghostwriter.”

On ghostwriting:

“It most definitely made it a more personal record, it made it a more—I don’t want to use the word serious, but more a topic-driven record. I had a lot of time to just sit by myself, so I had a lot more things I wanted to address. That’s what I did on this LP. I spoke on different things. One of them goes by the name of ‘Ghostwriter.’ I finally wrote a record telling the way it feels for me to be a ghostwriter, and not only a ghostwriter, but one of the biggest in the rap game. Because of my own personal success I’ve always been able to keep that in the shadows. On this record, I just felt it was so current. It was needed.”

On whether or not ghostwriting is a bad thing:

“It depends on really the point you’re looking at. If you’re a battle rapper on the block, the emcee battle challenger, not writing your rhymes could really hurt you. When you’re an artist where maybe the focus is really the talent and the different things you bring to the game, I believe it’s more understandable. Someone who may have another vision or just ideas that are priceless versus someone who’s like, ‘I’m basing my entire career off the words I’m finna tell you right now over this 30-second period.’ I’m not speaking to anybody in particular, but let’s say for instance if you was DMX and had a ghostwriter, it’d maybe change the [perception] versus if you was will.i.am. I think that’s more about the music, the records.”

http://pigeonsandplanes.com/2015/11/rick-ross-ghostwriter/

Comments

• xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Interesting

I would like to know some of the stuff he ghostwrote
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i called ? on this

This ^^^
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    Smh it must b a Canadian square thing where ghost writing n rap is accepted...
  • natural born sinners
    natural born sinners Members Posts: 5,335 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That's a good point he made on DMX and WILL. I. AM. Why would it be a reach that he ghostwrites. Between BABY and DIDDY I bet ross wrote albums worth of material. Also think of all those khaled records, as far as hooks n ? . Ross be around ALOT of dudes that are known to use/need ghostwriters, throw fat joe on that list. Funny ? about him ghostwriting f our himself lol
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Interesting

I would like to know some of the stuff he ghostwrote

He wrote for Angie Martinez.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Listenin to his Devil in a verse off the back of the MBDTF thread. it's dope
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »
    He did a hell of a job on Accidental Racist

This ? got me cracking up over here
  • just.might.b.ok
    just.might.b.ok Members Posts: 6,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Why didnt he write himself a better verse on ? With Me You Know I Got It tho?
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    who is askin him to write they ? other than diddy .
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ross can rap his subject matter just get repetitive let him write bars for a different persona you could get something way different
  • MiamiNights
    MiamiNights Members Posts: 1,990 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gee757 wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    U gotta be trash if you looking for Ross to write your ?

The whole flopperhouse losers need renzel 2 write they ? cuz they ain't sellin ? even wit the shady cracka gawd c/s lol.....off topic that white Mexican ? infamous b on Twitter talkin bout ya white Puerto Rican ass... I ain't 4got about that pik of ya white ass wit that Yankees hat I c y u like that shady cracka feminem lol

shut your corny ass up ? boy
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a difference between writing a song that someone else performs, which is something that happens in most music genres outside of rap, and ghostwriting, so I don't see how any comparison is apt.

Also, I don't buy what Ross is saying. If he was really ghostwriting and admitted it in a song, he would be losing lots of future business.
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Officer ricky is a pathological liar. I ain't believing anything he says unless he backing it up with proof
  • gee757
    gee757 Members Posts: 26,374
    Options
    shut your corny ass up ? boy

U ? u woodface lovin ? All renzel did was state a fact that he has ghostwritten 4 folks b4.....& now y'all lame woodface lovin squares is n here mad making up stupid ? tryna discredit renzel so gtfoh
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    There's a difference between writing a song that someone else performs, which is something that happens in most music genres outside of rap, and ghostwriting, so I don't see how any comparison is apt.

Also, I don't buy what Ross is saying. If he was really ghostwriting and admitted it in a song, he would be losing lots of future business.

Not really he doesn't have to name names to say he Ghostwriting so he can't lose business if he ain't outting cats