WWE PPV thread - WWE Clash of Champions [AJ Styles vs. Jinder Mahal] - Dec. 17

Options

Comments

• CJBachelor85
    CJBachelor85 Members Posts: 302 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Today's fans are too smart. They see the DB story likeness in this for Reigns. It might work out for him or it might not. They are obviously saving this for WM32 but I'm just wondering if this can backfire.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He wasn't getting booed when he won
  • poindexter2
    poindexter2 Members Posts: 4,352 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    at this point wwe is just throwing things at the wall and sees what sticks
  • jono
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Nah this was written carefully. They looked at the roster and saw no choice but to go with Sheamus now. Its not a bad decision, you need Ambrose & Reigns as hot faces.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea i can see how this was carefully thought out. just wish the ppv or at least the match itself was more fulfilling, they needed a home run. and gave us a sac fly.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I think Sheamus cashing in was the original plan.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • CJBachelor85
    Options
    How many PPVs left till WM32?
  • RobCoLife
    RobCoLife Members Posts: 1,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Max. wrote: »
    fdmQ7tx.png

Damn he only won 3 matches since Aug 2!
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Champion sheamus???

Nah I'm cool....
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    roman is winning it back at TLC or RR .
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This might be worse than miz as champion.
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    edited November 2015
    Options
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    the divas match wasnt bad at all, but with no one caring about the story and sasha being the only one close to really over, the crowd was kinda silent. hopefully when sasha gets her go, they dont get quiet then
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just watched the whole Ambrose/Reigns finals & Sheamus cash-in again this morning just to see if I was just trippin' to the finishes they went with last night.

I still think the entire PPV sucked with the exception of Ambrose/KO. The Ambrose/Reigns final wasn't a bad match but was a victim of Vince/creative cutting a match that was getting very good, very short... Then while Reigns is celebrating after the match why bring out the confetti if you know a Sheamus cash-in is going to happen shortly? (Yes I'm cherry picking) When confetti is bought out that ? is meant to end the show imo. I don't understand why creative would go through the hassle of creating a tournament if the ultimate result is to use it as a prop for Sheamus to cash-in on the winner.

The backfire of this PPV is solely on creative & Vince's hands for not creating/booking stars properly at all. I think Sheamus as to be one the worse MITB holders in WWE history due to lack of booking. The cash-in could have been saved for the following night.
  • jono
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    I just watched the whole Ambrose/Reigns finals & Sheamus cash-in again this morning just to see if I was just trippin' to the finishes they went with last night.

I still think the entire PPV sucked with the exception of Ambrose/KO. The Ambrose/Reigns final wasn't a bad match but was a victim of Vince/creative cutting a match that was getting very good, very short... Then while Reigns is celebrating after the match why bring out the confetti if you know a Sheamus cash-in is going to happen shortly? (Yes I'm cherry picking) When confetti is bought out that ? is meant to end the show imo. I don't understand why creative would go through the hassle of creating a tournament if the ultimate result is to use it as a prop for Sheamus to cash-in on the winner.

The backfire of this PPV is solely on creative & Vince's hands for not creating/booking stars properly at all. I think Sheamus as to be one the worse MITB holders in WWE history due to lack of booking. The cash-in could have been saved for the following night.

Sheamus can't cash-in on a vacant belt. Somebody had to be champion first.

The key to ? a dude is for him to not leave the building with the title.

I prefer it the way they did it. Reigns had two tough matches already, Sheamus was relatively fresh. The scenario writes itself.

If you did it the following day you would have to set a scene Reigns to look weak and vulnerable before Sheamus slipped in. You had that right there.

Not only was he weakened but also distracted by H's involvement and the confetti falling all of it was overwhelming.

I don't like he kicked out of the brogue kick though. That was stupid
  • jono
    Options
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All that work roman did.......for nothing..smh
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    willhustle wrote: »

Sheamus can't cash-in on a vacant belt. Somebody had to be champion first.

The key to ? a dude is for him to not leave the building with the title.

I prefer it the way they did it. Reigns had two tough matches already, Sheamus was relatively fresh. The scenario writes itself.

If you did it the following day you would have to set a scene Reigns to look weak and vulnerable before Sheamus slipped in. You had that right there.

Not only was he weakened but also distracted by H's involvement and the confetti falling all of it was overwhelming.

I don't like he kicked out of the brogue kick though. That was stupid

i agree, but i do think he shoulda kicked out of the brogue kick, maybe even twice, tease that perhaps sheamus is one of the few to lose his mitb.
  • VIBE
    VIBE Members Posts: 54,384 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    [img]https://scontent-lax3-1.? .fbcdn.net/hphotos-xpt1/v/t1.0-9/12108016_771738956264345_6734829889484827066_n.jpg?efg=eyJpIjoidCJ9&oh=c18984e07520d821cda16e349c3ecdcb&oe=56DD4963[/img]
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So I'm guessing Sheamus and Barrett will probably join The Authority now?!
  • CJBachelor85
    Options
    south4life wrote: »
    So I'm guessing Sheamus and Barrett will probably join The Authority now?!

? ...Barrett needs something to start working for him. If IC champ was a face, I could see Barrett joining Authority and going after the title but nvm.
  • MrMinimalist
    MrMinimalist Members Posts: 787 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Get'em next year Roman!