Kanye West My Beautiful Dark Twisted Fantasy 5th Anniversary

Options

Comments

• Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    See me now didn't come with my cd. I got the movie, a poster and everything when I copped. The ? man, why rappers leave songs off certain copies?

And yeah this is a classic

I used to hear see me now on Hot 97 a lot and was ? when I bought the album it was not on there
  • MrCrookedLetter
    MrCrookedLetter Members Posts: 22,376 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S/O to Amber Rose for dipping and putting him in the mind-state to make the album

"Some muthafuckas is gon be more open to it. Others not so much… Somebody whose opinion I respect said Kim K box gotta be trash…cuz Amber Rose inspired MBDTF. That ? resonated wit me son. But this ? ? Not so much. "- Big Ghost
  • Tommy bilfiger
    Tommy bilfiger Members Posts: 22,675 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dark Fantasy,Hell of a Life,Runaway,See me Now my favorite tracks.Runaway that's my ?

I think kanye peaked on this album tho.Hope I'm wrong
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    What's crazy is Kanye always say that he made this so people could get off his back after all the controversy he was dealing it . So the music he make now is the ? he wants to make for some reason..
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    BDBIID wrote: »
    Ye had a moment. I remember my whole entire campus was in front of tvs the night the Runaway movie dropped and he had the live interview after. Every social media was full of MBDTF posts. Then the whole rollout to the album with the Good Fridays.

It's a Classic. ? who says different.

You know what...its not a classic to me (so ? you too ? ) but i have to respect this, bc i was in college when Late Registration dropped and it had that affect

A group of ? outside listening to somebody bumpin it thru car speakers, annnd a few dudes really into music shed tears, like forreal

So i get it. Its not THAT level imo but maybe for a different generation it is
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I really like this album, but ...
    detcatinva wrote: »
    Dark fantasy is one of the greatest intros in hip hop history

This is why i could never engage in legit conversations in regards to this album

Too much hyperbole

This album came at a time pre Cole, Kendrick, etc, hip hop was in a bad place and i feel ? over-do it
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I put this album in the same category as Kendricks first joint: I love the album but I don't really listen to it often. Then I dust it off every so often and sit with it for a while and tell myself 'Yeah, this ? was and is amazing.'. Then I tuck that ? back in for another long stretch until next time.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Man if they could have fit in those preemo beats maaaan
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jazzybella wrote: »
    So no one gonna mention Blame Game....no one gonna mention the Greatest "? you I made you but I still love you" lyrical letter of pure emotion. This ? sat down with a bottle of the classic brown liquor of truth aka Hennessy, an old store receipt from Yves Saint Laurent of high heels totaling more than your salary, and the picture of him licking Amber Rose head (idk if you fellas remember when she first debuted and she never spoke....like she was perfectionwith Kanye) THEN the skit with Chris Muthafukin' Rock that gave us the infamous "Yeezy Taught Me". Idk how hard he'll fall if Kim divorce him, but she won't get a Blame Game....that song is a ? ? Anthem and I'm STILL here for it. Could you imagine if he had made a video :cold_sweat:

My favorite track on the album. That ? put his soul into it

The song is so funny, honest and heartbreaking at the same time
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Jay's verse >>>>Pusha's

Dark knight feelin', die you be a hero
    Or live long enough to see yourself become a villain
    I went from the favorite, to the most hated
    But would you rather be underpaid or overrated?

those were 4 hot lines in a 20 bar verse

"? ridiculous"
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Jay's verse >>>>Pusha's

Dark knight feelin', die you be a hero
    Or live long enough to see yourself become a villain
    I went from the favorite, to the most hated
    But would you rather be underpaid or overrated?
    Nah

Those are 4 hot bars but Pusha whole verse was flames.

Hell Cy Hi had a better verse than Jay
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I see ? forgot about Lord Lord Lord with a premiere verse from Swizz

"All white Bentley I call that mama"

giphy.gif

But really though that ? was smooth as hell. Had Uncle Charlie killing the vocals and he only said one word! Had a damn near 2min solo of him just saying "lord".
    Mos killed it, Ye killed it and Rae killed it.
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I love Charlie Wilson collabs in hip hop
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    His best album to date - complete in its production and features. He's basura now - doubt he'll get back to this level.
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ZuluQueen wrote: »
    KamPushMe wrote: »
    ZuluQueen wrote: »
    This was the ? album of the century, it was the album that revealed Coonye self-hatred from the album cover, to the lyrics. Matter of fact this ? got so deep in white ? after the release it has caused him to fall off musically. It seems like after this album ? in Hip-Hop all came out the closet as Europhiles.

? Gtfoh

Go finish eating the pebbles out your snow bunnies ? , ? -? .

200w_d.gif
    Where have i heard that before?
  • bbkg79
    bbkg79 Members Posts: 613 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Love this album!.

After buying two hard copies for me and my girl. Listened to it, thought it was the illest thing ever. I went back to the store bought like 8 more copies and started handing them ? out to people in the mall. That's word!
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just gave it another listen because of this thread and I still can't see the hype, I mess with some of the tracks but the way some of you write about this album in here has me thinking wtf, what am I just not hearing that you all are?
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    @Stew

What's the chances of a re vote for this joint?
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chris Rock was right.
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Christian dior denim flow
    For the team