[Netflix] Marvel's Jessica Jones 11.20.15

Options

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I fell asleep on a couple of episodes but episode 5 is dope as ? . Reminded me of the "Speak of the Devil" episode of Daredevil.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @black caesar yeah I write man. Real life ? . I like to focus on connections (friends, brothers etc) and personality.

Also I wanna start a graphic novel coz I'm tired of watchin' ? these days thinkin' "ahh I had this idea time ago I shudda written it down"
  • TRILLip Brooks
    TRILLip Brooks Members Posts: 18,150 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The first 5 or 6 episodes were great

But towards the middle started to get slow and boring
    Like that episode when Jessica goes home with Killgrave

It picked up after then and i enjoyed the last few episode even though i thought..
    Killgrave's death was anti climatic

Luke cage was the best part about this show and it's not a coincidence that the best episodes were the one's he was in.

Ovreall good show. Not better than daredevil, but a tier below
  • black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @black caesar yeah I write man. Real life ? . I like to focus on connections (friends, brothers etc) and personality.

Also I wanna start a graphic novel coz I'm tired of watchin' ? these days thinkin' "ahh I had this idea time ago I shudda written it down"

That's dope. You draw too?
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options

I do it all except for ? that requires me to be on screen. So I write, draw, produce music, direct etc but don't act, sing or rap.

I dunno man ideas are always poppin' into my head. Not always necessarily million dollar ideas but just ? I think would be interestin' to write and to read.

• black caesar
    black caesar Members Posts: 12,036 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

I do it all except for ? that requires me to be on screen. So I write, draw, produce music, direct etc but don't act, sing or rap.

I dunno man ideas are always poppin' into my head. Not always necessarily million dollar ideas but just ? I think would be interestin' to write and to read.

Damn. We might need to collab.
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The first 5 or 6 episodes were great

But towards the middle started to get slow and boring
    Like that episode when Jessica goes home with Killgrave

It picked up after then and i enjoyed the last few episode even though i thought..
    Killgrave's death was anti climatic

Luke cage was the best part about this show and it's not a coincidence that the best episodes were the one's he was in.

Ovreall good show. Not better than daredevil, but a tier below

To me thats still dope, I would love to see these characters get a small cameo in one of the avengers movie.
  • willhustle
    willhustle Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 6,550 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ep.10 is off the chain I got a question
    When the cop killed the detective and burned the joint down was he under killgrave's mind control again or did he go rouge on his own?
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »
    When the cop killed the detective and burned the joint down was he under killgrave's mind control again or did he go rouge on his own?
    The drugs messed him up and exposed his true intentions.
  • willhustle
    Options
    The drugs messed him up and exposed his true intentions.

Crazy,
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    I knew that ? ' cracka was a ? ' cracka. I think with all the publicity eager to fire cops are under, he was a dope inclusion. They'll all ? ' like that. Hero syndrome.
  • willhustle
    Options
    I knew that ? ' cracka was a ? ' cracka. I think with all the publicity eager to fire cops are under, he was a dope inclusion. They'll all ? ' like that. Hero syndrome.
    Agreed that cracka was belligerent aggressive idiot from the start. He has the "hero complex" so bad he doesn't give a ? about what he does as long as he complete the task at hand. He's an annoying, aggressive, P.O.S.[/spoilers]
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    "Was Murdercorp taken?" I love this ? .
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options

Damn. We might need to collab.

Any time King
  • Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is purple man a mutant? Or did they change his origin? Lemme guess because of the whole fox owning the rights they have to call him a miracle or an inhuman
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    I'm 10 episodes in. Its good. MCU always make villians sympathetic why can't they be pure evil. Killgrave is the closest character to being that, its good to see. Its too bad he's not in a movie version.

One plot hole to me is Jessica/Luke/Reeva dynamic. How Jessica didn't know Luke was married, since she seems to have known him for a while.

Evil for evil's sake is lazy as ? . sounds like the ? D.C. used to do.

It's why The Killing Joke and Watchmen are both held up in high regard because they show how decent and principled men can end up warped by the world even though at this point Moore doesn't feel the same way about them. It's why Loki is the most popular Marvel villain. It's why Breaking Bad became so successful. People want to understand what makes someone evil, you can only do the abject maniac thing or ultimate Big Bad so many times before it becomes unrealistic which is why Luthor and Joker are still more popular than Nekron or Darkseid.

We still don't quite know what makes joker tic besides falling in a vat of acid. That origin in the living joke doesn't quite cut it because the joker is so insane that he doesn't quite know either some of it is partial truth some of it is fabricated in his mind.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    twizza 77 wrote: »
    I'm 10 episodes in. Its good. MCU always make villians sympathetic why can't they be pure evil. Killgrave is the closest character to being that, its good to see. Its too bad he's not in a movie version.

One plot hole to me is Jessica/Luke/Reeva dynamic. How Jessica didn't know Luke was married, since she seems to have known him for a while.

Because no villain thinks they are the villain or they wouldn't do what they do, they'd feel guilty and turn themselves in. They have to believe in what they are doing for themselves or you've just got a motiveless maniac that's one dimensional and unrelatable. Doctor Doom is considered a villain even though he's saved the universe twice and is considered a caring and just ruler to his people in Latveria. Harley Quinn fell in love with the Joker even though she knew he was a ? lunatic who killed people. Evil people don't think they are evil, they think they are doing the right thing.

Exactly they are either ? paths sociopaths or narcissistic if not they are a combination of all three.
  • willhustle
    Options
    "Was Murdercorp taken?" I love this ? .
    Yeah I he was snatched up.
  • willhustle
    edited November 2015
    Options
    After watching all 13 episodes Jessica Jones was a good series but to me, it really didn't pick up until episodes 9-10. I like all the characters involved but there were some pointless parts that didn't need to be. I like the episodes with Luke Cage the most and I can't wait until Marvel gets that series to Netflix. Jessica Jones is a good series but Daredevil is the better of the two so far.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is purple man a mutant? Or did they change his origin? Lemme guess because of the whole fox owning the rights they have to call him a miracle or an inhuman

Neither. He essentially releases a pheromone when he speaks that infects peoples conscious. It's basically a viral infection that causes people to be susceptible to his command.
  • Splackavelli
    Options

Neither. He essentially releases a pheromone when he speaks that infects peoples conscious. It's basically a viral infection that causes people to be susceptible to his command.

Yeah I thought he was a mutant because I thought he was an early x men villian I was wrong it was unus the untouchable I was thinking about kilgrave is one of dare devils first super villian I got the two mixed up.
  • TheNightKing
    TheNightKing Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 2,484 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I read a little about Luke Cage but was never intrigued until this show. Luke Cage is that ? ! Can't wait until his show.

Jessica Jones was nowhere near as good as Daredevil, but not bad at all. Held my attention through 13 eps. Killgrave was a different type villain and was played well.

I think Jessica Jones will be the weak link in the Defenders series. Daredevil and Luke Cage already outshining her, can't imagine Iron Fist won't either.
  • Splackavelli
    edited November 2015
    Options
    It would've been funny if they had Luke cages original power man costume as an easter egg. Luke finds it in his keepsake trunk in the attic. It wouldn't have been an actual crime fighting costume but just a party costume like a disco outfit he wore inhigh school when they had 70's throw back day