Who the King of New York

Options

Comments

• kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    50 Cent
    JAY is way to corporate & commercial to be considered the KONY

FAB needs to have a classic album under his belt instead of all these classic mixtapes.. he's still just a local artist. He couldn't sell a stadium

KENDRICK is another regional artist that needs to focus on making better albums without assistance from dre or drake
  • DaBull
    DaBull Members Posts: 9,261 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Puff orchestrated the hit of Pac 20 years ago and still worth a billion and is good on both coast.

gotta be Puff
  • Built 4 cuban linx
    Built 4 cuban linx Members Posts: 12,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    It will always be biggie. Don't care how long he been gone

What's the last bar from big ??? The homie dead and gonna stay that way his run is over.

The only one that's debatable is Jay. It damn sure isn't the mixtape rapper you voted for. Fab has never owned the city the way big and Jay has. Even tho biggie is dead he's very much relevant here. Music still gets spins and still talked about.

And young og was super duper trash

Lol ya'll biased or stuck in the past, jay is that ? no doubt but he's dormant. The only ones in ny doing something is fab and jada. To bring up big is just stupid lol if you think young og was trash you obviously didn't listen to the lp. And this stipulation about dude and his mixtapes is a cop out music is music. Summer time shoot out is all original beats. He gave the ? away but it don't count because it's not on iTunes, like ? buy albums anyway smh cut it out

Like I said biggie is dead but he still is relevant. that is possible if you didnt know. ask fab aint that ? still sampling big every chance he get? dont he sample jay too? you say im livng the past but you seem to have a "what have you done for me lately" hip hop fan attitude also. Yes I heard young og, thats why I said it was trash ? . the hell would I have an opinion on it if I didnt hear it? I like Fab he's dope as ? but hes not the king. yes music is music but why is it that your king has yet to drop a commerical classic studio album yet? why them ? be mediocre as ? ? something is off here. thats not a king.

Do you even know what a "king of....." is? youre in here voting for your favorite rapper at the moment but thats not a king. If I wouldve done the same I would be saying nas and ghostface but a king have to be the face of the city. have impact. fab does have impact sure but not like the other 2 I mentioned. A king dont have ? out here forgetting that he dropped albums after 09 like they doing for fab in here. that ? should never happen

A sample don't mean much it's a sample big ain't got nothing new out lol. Fab been doing him for years people just starting to catch on again. I'm giving credit where it's due and fab credit is over due. Lol fab been dropping heat. My point is since jay fell all the way back nas went from every 2yrs to 4 50 been struggling, ghost is ghost. Fab been consistent as ? and rightfully deserves it. Who put out more heat in a yr span then fab

samples means alot. means that your music is still worth a damn. jay didnt fall all the way back, his last album dropped only 2 years ago. Let me put it like this if jay was to drop a album tomorrow, do you think it will have more of a buzz than the project fab just put out? could fab sell out the garden just like jay could now? im not saying fab is wack or anything( young OG is imo) but he isnt a king if jay is still active. look how hyped people was when khlad said he got a new jay verse for his song. it became an event on the internet and the radio for flex. had people all over the nation listening in to his corny ass show for ONE verse. fab cant do that.

you say that "fab been doing him for years and people are starting to catch on again". which means he was being overlooked. when has a king been overlooked? at what point was jayz ever overlooked? Jay drops a album at midnight right now, his album will be the biggest topic in hip hop not just NY but period and fab will once again need people to catch on cause nobody would be talking about his mixtape but jays
  • MARIO_DRO
    MARIO_DRO Members Posts: 14,425 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    P diddy
    Sion wrote: »
    MARIO_DRO wrote: »
    Sion wrote: »
    Fab's the prince, Hov is the OG

PUFF GOT MORE PULL THAN J DOE... ON BOTH COAST AT THAT.. HELL EVEN DOWN SOUTH

Call me when Puffy has the clout to have an NBA team relocated to Brooklyn let alone get one for himself or when Puff can enter the sports business and broker multimillion dollar deals for his talent. Puffy can't even get his own artists a plaque let alone his career. Jay's wife is the queen bee to all these females and is the gold standard to them. Jay is the KONY.

HAHAHA JAY AINT HAVE NO NBA POWER BRUH.. THE RUSSIAN OWNE THAT TEAM... JAY DID ? OVER THE CITIZENS OF BROOKLYN WITH LETTIN THAT RUSSIAN MOVE THEM THERE DOE

• Tupacthadon1971
    Tupacthadon1971 Members Posts: 133 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    I mean what the ? has rap had to offer since the 90's for people to be talking about Kings and Goats...,,,nothing in eyes.....whoever made the poll is obviously under the influence of something...
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    Fabolous
    I mean what the ? has rap had to offer since the 90's for people to be talking about Kings and Goats...,,,nothing in eyes.....whoever made the poll is obviously under the influence of something...

Look at this old ? ass ? stuck in the 90s . You a housenigga if u think the culture not moving foward
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    FAB IS TRASH

HE SPENT MOST OF HIS CAREER BEING A STRUGGLE LL COOL J
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    'Ain't no best – East, West, North, South, flossed out, greedy'
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jesus some of ya'll delusional
  • Mr.LV
    Mr.LV Members Posts: 14,089 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Jay z
    Jay Z is the king of New York
    jayxxlcover.jpg
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    J-Cole the Gawd

"Yea I said son, this is New York finest, for 11 winters straight I took on New York climate"
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    J-Cole the Gawd

"Yea I said son, this is New York finest, for 11 winters straight I took on New York climate"

Cole is from north carolina
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »
    Shizlansky wrote: »
    J-Cole the Gawd

Cole is from north carolina

Duh ? .

That why I used that verse because he been there so long
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fabolous
    Don't see how ya'll really stuck in the past. A dude puts out noting but heat time and time again and ya'll say the dead is still better. This fight is fixed
  • mchg
    mchg Members Posts: 190 ✭✭
    edited November 2015
    Options
    :bawling: @ it be in any1 but Hova Da Gawd

Notorious P.I.G. aka Diabetic White aka Tar Baby Smalls got 2 albums....Hova Da Gawd got 6 classics (5 solo) & the GOAT catalog, plus he's the main reason any1 still remembers that charcoal colored beached whale existed :bawling:

Hova Da Gawd is Jordan...50 Bitcoin the Ron Artest of his squad, & he was D Fish status when Game was around :bawling:

Flabulost aka MEMEphis Bleek had Jadakiss Syndrome for 90% of his career :bawling:

Nas Lost aka Destiny's condom financier aka Kelis' ATM aka The Duke of L'sington is an inferior lyricist wit the OG Ambien flow, horrible taste in beats & the WOAT 2x album

Kenbitch Lame-ar aka Andre -3000 aka Diet Esco fell off horribly post GKMC, got washed by Jay Elec & Smedium Sean on his most famous feature, & was killed so badly by Hova Da Gawd on BDKMV he spit another verse complete wit the ? from Police Academy sound efx 2 try erase the body :bawling:

Hova Da Gawd a better lyricist than any MC (NY or otherwise) not named Rakim, has the GOAT flow & catalog, GOAT feature game, & got or bodied every KONY contender he ever spit onna track wit :bawling:

Young! :bawling:
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Other
    The following rappers have more claim than Jay..

Rakim
    Biggie
    2pac (yes he was a New Yorker, I've seen Juice)
  • Showtyme LaCour
    Showtyme LaCour Members Posts: 46 ✭✭
    Options
  • dalyricalbandit
    dalyricalbandit Members, Moderators Posts: 67,918 Regulator
    Options
    Jay z
    King of New York like B.I. was

tumblr_n60fw90ZdG1qdpf83o1_500.png
  • endboss
    endboss Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Where is maino with his burger king crown?
  • disqus_HUgcRrBgtH
    disqus_HUgcRrBgtH Members Posts: 1
    Options
    50 Cent
    U ain't no king of u aint active on and in the new York rap scene. You got to have the bars , u got to have swag, u got to be able to talk that ? n back it up to some degree. As we all know, nobody on the list is spitting like how they spit on their first and second albums so with that said , the only dude that comes close all around is 50. Luv him or hate him, fif been consistent on all levels.
  • _God_
    _God_ Members Posts: 6,396 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Fabolous
    as much as ppl say fab need a classic album, fab got so much classic material on both sides of rap , baby, trade it all, can't leave you alone, who don't know fab verse lil mo superwoman, then they take a song he put out 10 yrs ago to put in a movie. He gave u the soul tapes and a dj drama series. You want a classic subject album to prove what? Fab is a mainstay of the culture and has elevated to the top. n fab street red certified. Big put him on too
  • rodneyskinner
    rodneyskinner Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Options
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    GetoBoy wrote: »
    I can't give it to fab until he actually drop a damn album..... You can't be the king only dropping mixtapes imo

You serious ?????

Dead ass..... ? ain't drop a actual album in what 6-7 years but he the king of NY becuz he drops hot mixtapes???? That's not how this works that's not how any of this works

Everybody who upvoted this needs to ? themselves..... Cause they missed out on Young OG album.
  • rodneyskinner
    rodneyskinner Members Posts: 135 ✭✭
    Options
    Jay not the king of ny no more.. Fab needs a classic album before he can take the crown

I'm a have to think about this for a before I can give a vote

To me I don't care about your past history. None of that. I don't care about your business deals none of that. We talking who had the last best album out of New York. Answer is NAS. Life is Good. Come dethrone it but it had no DOWN SOUTH BEATS. JUST RAW NEW YORK SOUND. I haven't heard an album to knock it off. Nas the KING. Young OG was aight. Jay Z album was garbage. Everyone else we don't even have to get into it. Last 5 Mic album out of New York NAS LIFE IS GOOD. Makes him the king.