The Official DC Cinematic Universe thread - Now Showing - "The Justice League"

Options

Comments

• ghost!
    ghost! Members Posts: 7,370 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yo i'm done!!! these ? *ucking comic book movies gonna end up taken all my money!. i'm gonna start working some o.t. now, to pay for all this ish come next year

lord jesus!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
  • ghost!
    Options
    Copper wrote: »
    I ain't feeling Jesse as lex...I wanted billy Zane

We're never going to see this lex on screen I guess?

941249-lex_luthor_tv_1_.jpg

he is not Lex, he is said to be lex's son. (that's from my understanding...)
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • ghost!
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    tumblr_nyro4hfEGz1uvcgjlo2_500_zpsgpcdeudo.gif

tumblr_nyro4hfEGz1uvcgjlo1_500-1_zpsiuliakrw.gif

tumblr_nyro4hfEGz1uvcgjlo3_500_zpsig4k0qmm.gif

This is actually one of the parts I disliked the most about the trailer(too Marvelish). And Jesse as lex is even worst than I thought.

Not feeling the tone of the movie so far

n*gga what? Too Marvelish...what am I or you missing, you got a serious tone in the beginning of the trailer then you got this part which is kind of funny and although I don't read every comicbook but isn't that what is in most of these comicbooks, and made for dvd cartoons?

like n*g what is there to trip about in this trailer?
  • Delphas
    Delphas Members Posts: 2,483 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • matches malone
    matches malone Members Posts: 3,067 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    would they really ? superman in his second movie though? I highly, highly doubt it.
  • Broddie
    Broddie Members Posts: 11,750 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ghost! wrote: »

He WILL be Lex as we know him eventually. But they mixed some of the lore to make it fresh. Like Earth 3's Alexander Luthor from the comic book he will be the son of Lex Luthor. But like the Lex from 80s, 90s and 2000s comics the implication is that he's also responsible for his father's demise. People are already writing him off but all we've seen is one dimension the public one. Im positive in the final movie he'll be even more complex.
  • infamous114
    infamous114 Members, Moderators Posts: 52,202 Regulator
    Options
  • ghost!
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

He WILL be Lex as we know him eventually. But they mixed some of the lore to make it fresh. Like Earth 3's Alexander Luthor from the comic book he will be the son of Lex Luthor. But like the Lex from 80s, 90s and 2000s comics the implication is that he's also responsible for his father's demise. People are already writing him off but all we've seen is one dimension the public one. Im positive in the final movie he'll be even more complex.

There are links out there as far bak as Oct stating he is playing Lex son, he even put out a tweet stating that..idk if that was a "tongue n. cheek" comment or what.

But like i said..thats was my understanding..

Shrug shoulders..dont care either way. I gonna enjoy it.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gotdamn you can't afford to watch another trailer.

I think they should've fleshed out the BvS dynamic and as it got closer to release reveal Doomsday.

Maybe February-ish but that's just me. The trailer made it feel like the Civil War trailer forced their hand.

I haven't watched a Star Wars trailer in a min but they've been quiet about plot and even characters. They sold you on the name and what star wars is about not cram half the movie in a 3 min trailer.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Gal Gadot will have my child. In the wonder woman costume.
  • Breezy_Kilroy
    Breezy_Kilroy Members Posts: 10,500 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    When is the movie dropping?

March 25
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    first the ugly Darkseid mark up, then this Abomination lookings Doomsday...

Whoever designing these villians for DC gotta do better.
  • Broddie
    Options
    Broddie wrote: »

There are links out there as far bak as Oct stating he is playing Lex son, he even put out a tweet stating that..idk if that was a "tongue n. cheek" comment or what.

But like i said..thats was my understanding..

Shrug shoulders..dont care either way. I gonna enjoy it.

I'm not contesting what you're saying. That is a fact backed by the viral marketing. What I'm saying is that it's mixing different elements from Lex's comic book history to do it's own thing. Forgot to mention that Luthor himself posed as his "son" back when Superman died at Doomsday's hands.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    No this is lex Luther the difference is hat his dad was the one that started the company ..
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BvS gonna be a classic before it even release
  • texas409
    texas409 Members Posts: 20,854 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Broddie
    edited December 2015
    Options
    He's Alexander Luthor, Jr. Again like in the crisis comic or crisis on two earths animated movie. Only difference is this time he's a mad scientist businessman like the mainstream Lex Luthor.

This will be Lex Luthor in the Man of Steel universe. Being a Jr. doesn't negate that.

If you read the viral marketing it seems that the implication is that he's responsible for Lex Luthor Sr's (his father) death. Which is something that was done in the comics more than once including by Geoff Johns (a producer on this movie). I'm sure we'll probably see that in the actual movie.

• Stomp Johnson
    Stomp Johnson Members, Writer Posts: 3,623 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? look fresh. I'm in there.
  • Broddie
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If some of ya can't realize that Lex is putting on a facade I don't know what to tell ya. Except that underestimating the movie based on a poorly edited trailer from early in post-production could lead to being very surprised by what the movie actually is.

The whole point of the movie will be to explore the duplicity inherent in these characters. Through the eyes of the guy who adapted Watchmen which also explored those themes.

From Clark Kent and Superman to Batman and Bruce Wayne & Wonder Woman and Diana Prince. Even Zod in the last movie and now post Doomsday genome activation Zod and down to Luthor himself.

With the public Luthor with the bad wig being completely different from the one only Superman, Batman and the audience will see until he's exposed. Or did you guys just forget about his pic as bald head Lex from a few months back?
  • Broddie
    edited December 2015
    Options
    You could say the trailer almost plays like a parody of a marvel 1. in the sense that people think they really have it figured out based on the trailer alone just like what has happened with some of the Marvel movies. But in reality it's complete misdirection.

The people who have gotten it together with the CW universe which is a lot of the producers on this movie from both WB and DCs end won't make the same mistake twice. They learned from Green Lantern and there's no way in hell they're going to ? up a Batman movie because they learned from that too in the past. They also have everything riding on this movie. I don't know dudes but I don't think I could doubt WB on this one.

Eitherway next year gonna be a good one for superhero movies one way or the other.
  • Broddie
    edited December 2015
    Options
    iron man1 wrote: »
    ? 's bout to get real.

tumblr_nyrny0pSvv1uuxzsno1_500.gif
    tumblr_nyrny0pSvv1uuxzsno2_500.gif

His design isn't finished and he may get more bones as he gets hit

Rumor is this is basically proto-doomsday. Doomsday was a Hulk ripoff. He was created to answer the "what if Hulk fights Superman?" question. Just like Bane was created to answer the "what if Batman had his own version of Venom (from Spidey)?"question shortly after that.

So he's similar to the Hulk in the comic book in the sense that the more they attack him and the more they go against him the stronger and angrier and deadlier he becomes. He is literally an comstantly evolving living weapon.

You kind of see some immature bone protruding early on in his look based on the trailer. They look stumpy. I think by the end of it they will become more pronounced and spikey and he will look like the Doomsday that we know as Superman's slayer with the bone beard and everything.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I dont know a whole lot about doomsday besides he kills superman at some point.

Doesnt he get killed, but comes back and is unable to get killed the same way? I wonder if supes shoots and kills him with eye lasers, then he comes back and has eye lasers.

Or the eye lasers are because he was made from Zod.
  • Broddie
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I dont know a whole lot about doomsday besides he kills superman at some point.

Doesnt he get killed, but comes back and is unable to get killed the same way? I wonder if supes shoots and kills him with eye lasers, then he comes back and has eye lasers.

Or the eye lasers are because he was made from Zod.

Yeah he comes back all the time because he evolves and so he adapted to overcoming "death". So he can't die the same way twice because it will have no effect more than once.

Booster Gold gave him the name Doomsday because he literally can't be stopped just like any imminent doomsday scenario