"Only whites can be racist"

Options
Undefeatable
Undefeatable Members Posts: 1,970 ✭✭✭✭✭
Recently I was in a line to get in this spot and this Asian dude behind me said something to me, so I responded. Next thing I know, dude is asking me if I'm the bouncer. I'm like "Why would a bouncer be IN the line? You know, not all the black dudes near the entrance of a club are bouncers." Dude was like "Whoa, I ain't white." I told him I don't buy that ? that only whites can be racist.

Just something to think about for the people who say that only whites/people with power can be racist.

Comments

• Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • jetlifebih
    jetlifebih Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,655 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Anybody CAN be, only certain people ARE

• Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread has been done 4, 5 times recently.. lock this ?
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    Just saying that if you think racism requires power, then powerless minorities, and not just whites, can't be racist either. Which is ? .

But maybe I should have posted it in the latest thread about this, instead of making a new one. Mods can merge if they want.
  • Antlerz
    Antlerz Members Posts: 3,143 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Recently I was in a line to get in this spot and this Asian dude behind me said something to me, so I responded. Next thing I know, dude is asking me if I'm the bouncer. I'm like "Why would a bouncer be IN the line? You know, not all the black dudes near the entrance of a club are bouncers." Dude was like "Whoa, I ain't white." I told him I don't buy that ? that only whites can be racist.

Just something to think about for the people who say that only whites/people with power can be racist.

? , what was said?
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    Antlerz wrote: »

? , what was said?

What's good? or something like that.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? , what was said?

Get this wack as ? the ? outta here
    giphy.gif
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Of course anybody can be racist IN THEORY.

but in practice: Only whites are racist.

Can you tell us how black Americans have oppressed other groups of minorities over the course of 400+ years? If so please share the history and pathology of our "racism."

Please lay out the story of our oppression and dehumanization of whites since the inception of this Nation.

We'll wait....

skeleton-still-waiting-2.jpg
  • zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? , what was said?

So because he said what's good and asked if you were the bouncer you suspected him of being racist?? You really are a cornball and will never get any good black ?
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    DarcSkies wrote: »

Can you tell us how black Americans have oppressed other groups of minorities over the course of 400+ years? If so please share the history and pathology of our "racism."

Please lay out the story of our oppression and dehumanization of whites since the inception of this Nation.

We'll wait....

Are there Asian and non-black Hispanic racists?
  • DarcSkies
    DarcSkies Members Posts: 13,791 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We'll wait....

I dont know. We'll have to look at the evidence.

How have Asians oppressed and dehumanized blacks in America? How have Non-WHite Hispanics?

I'm listening...

The only people whose ideas have caused a significant harm to minorities are white ideals. Even so-called "racist" Asians and Hispanics are only that way because when you adopt and assimilate into European culture and take on European values racism against dark skinned people comes along with that. It's a part of white culture.

So even so-called "racist" Asians and Hispanics are only such because of white supremacy *shrug*

Plus I cant recall the last time a decision by an Asian or Hispanic has ? black Americans over on a large scale.
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zPRBW7k.gif

Dammit ? @GodNThaBuild'n

I almost got a seizure looking at this
  • GodNThaBuild'n
    GodNThaBuild'n Members Posts: 8,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    zPRBW7k.gif

Dammit ? @GodNThaBuild'n

I almost got a seizure looking at this

My bad
  • iron man1
    iron man1 Members Posts: 29,989 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    And you get banned only to come back? @""A Talented One" Lol. What a loser.

Oh ? he got banned ha
  • Undefeatable
    edited December 2015
    Options

We'll wait....

How have Asians oppressed and dehumanized blacks in America? How have Non-WHite Hispanics?

I'm listening...

The only people whose ideas have caused a significant harm to minorities are white ideals. Even so-called "racist" Asians and Hispanics are only that way because when you adopt and assimilate into European culture and take on European values racism against dark skinned people comes along with that. It's a part of white culture.

So even so-called "racist" Asians and Hispanics are only such because of white supremacy *shrug*

Plus I cant recall the last time a decision by an Asian or Hispanic has ? black Americans over on a large scale.

All of this is so wrong, I don't even know where to begin.

First of all, people don't have to be racist to blacks to be racist. A lot of Israelis are racist because of their attitude toward the Palestinians, e.g.

Racism doesn't have to cause "significant harm," or harm a group "on a large scale."

Asian anti-black racism exists in Asian countries. They are racist -- in many cases more racist than many whites -- before they step foot in this part of the world. You cannot be serious b.

Many of these Asians and Hispanics hate blacks with a passion. There is no way that that is not racism.

• mackanaven
    mackanaven Members Posts: 376 ✭✭✭
    Options
    thats a ridiculous statement in the thread title.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I thought t/s was a ?
  • janklow
    janklow Members, Moderators Posts: 8,613 Regulator
    Options
    nah. you don't have to oppress people to be racist. it just doesn't matter the same way if you can't oppress people; hence why we worry about the white folks being racist more than anyone else.

but if it helps, just consider that people have probably oppressed other races OUTSIDE of the US. for example, Japan's kind of had some problems.
  • So ILL
    So ILL Members Posts: 16,507 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • (Nope)
    (Nope) Members Posts: 2,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

We'll wait....

I'm listening...

First of all, people don't have to be racist to blacks to be racist. A lot of Israelis are racist because of their attitude toward the Palestinians, e.g.

Racism doesn't have to cause "significant harm," or harm a group "on a large scale."

Asian anti-black racism exists in Asian countries. They are racist -- in many cases more racist than many whites -- before they step foot in this part of the world. You cannot be serious b.

Many of these Asians and Hispanics hate blacks with a passion. There is no way that that is not racism.

No, the Israeli attitude toward Palestinians is not what constitutes their racism. It is the implementation and institutionalization of said attitude through oppressive and deleterious legislation towards Palestinians on a broad scale. Whether it be de facto or de jure, the type of segregation, subjugation, and dehumanization endured in these instances can only be carried out by the powerful majority.

If racism was simply words and attitudes, it wouldn't mean ? . That's why generally white people don't care if you call them "? " or whatever, because it holds no weight. It may bother someone with a conscience, but it won't limit their resources or put them at a statistical disadvantage.

Also, what are you trying to prove? You keep kicking this low-context ? , like you are the supreme arbiter of race relations. Eat a bag of ? .
  • Undefeatable
    Options
    (Nope) wrote: »

We'll wait....

I'm listening...

No, the Israeli attitude toward Palestinians is not what constitutes their racism. It is the implementation and institutionalization of said attitude through oppressive and deleterious legislation towards Palestinians on a broad scale. Whether it be de facto or de jure, the type of segregation, subjugation, and dehumanization endured in these instances can only be carried out by the powerful majority.

If racism was simply words and attitudes, it wouldn't mean ? . That's why generally white people don't care if you call them "? " or whatever, because it holds no weight. It may bother someone with a conscience, but it won't limit their resources or put them at a statistical disadvantage.

Also, what are you trying to prove? You keep kicking this low-context ? , like you are the supreme arbiter of race relations. Eat a bag of ? .

All wrong. You don't know what you're talking about.

Say that the Palestinians get their state, and that eventually they are able to able to throw off the yoke of Israeli oppression, but that the Israeli hatred of them doesn't change. Would it then be the case that Israelis had become less racist cause they were not able to oppress the Palestinians as before?

No, that would an absurd thing to say. And it's absurd because their attitude of hatred suffices to make them racist, whether or not they are able to implement it on a broad scale.