Who won 2015? - Kendrick Lamar vs. Drake

Options

Comments

• Trillaaaaaa
    Trillaaaaaa Members Posts: 8,974 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    fortyacres wrote: »
    Kendrick, because his music is the poster child/soundtrack for the current black lives matter movement , thats power to me.

don't let complex propaganda agenda make you think otherwise.

His ? ain't no damn representation of BLM...? did a whole track basically saying "but what about Black on Black crime?"

? have you ever listened to dead prez?
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    Drake
    Lord Ether wrote: »
    This is basically a debate over pop vs the culture. Kendrick represents the culture while Drake is the pop rap icon. If pop appeal record sales and acclaim are more important to you your going to choose Drake. If you are deep into the underground and not really into the mainstream, but more organic sounds Kendrick Will be your choice.

Lmao Stop bruh. Kendrick got pop songs with taylor ? swift.

You acting like Drake ain't got that hoe on speed dial

FDB
  • Lord Ether
    Lord Ether Members Posts: 736 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    This is basically a debate over pop vs the culture. Kendrick represents the culture while Drake is the pop rap icon. If pop appeal record sales and acclaim are more important to you your going to choose Drake. If you are deep into the underground and not really into the mainstream, but more organic sounds Kendrick Will be your choice.

So what, she asked him to feature on the song. Drake is still more of a pop rapper. You will never hear Drake make a lyric today about current times or whats going on. He wont even make a somewhat radical statement. Dude is strictly about that paper. He doesn't want to risk loosing that. Kendrick represents the semi conscious rapper who gets popular in the mainstream every couple of years. Yes he is mainstream, but how much of his sound is he really compromising. Example Pac
    Kanye West
    Lupe
    Kendrick + (maybe)Cole
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake

He has one pop song not songs get it right bru
  • kingofkingz
    kingofkingz Members Posts: 4,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    Drizzy put out 2 albums.. was featured on a bunch of songs that he made a hit. Dropped a handful of songs that ate up the charts. How did he not win this year?!
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    Drizzy put out 2 albums.. was featured on a bunch of songs that he made a hit. Dropped a handful of songs that ate up the charts. How did he not win this year?!

Because most of them ? were sweeter than black folx Red Kool-Aid.
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    Ya'll know the IC wouldn't let Drake win anything up against Lord Kendrick.

The real answer is Super Future.

Brah you are a known Drake ? rider. Stop it
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    Oh yeah ... KENDRICK WOULD ? DRAKE IN A RAP BATTLE. The only thing Drake could win is some girlish Twitter/Instagram/Facebook meme battle.
  • KamPushMe
    KamPushMe Members Posts: 7,690 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    I have to roll with Kendrick.

I don't give a ? about record sales.Tickle me Elmo could come out with a Rap album and outsell Drake. And of course, you're going to get less record sales when you make a black centered album, but the white critics still gave him props because it was a dope album. You can't hate on great music.

Yeah, I know the Grammys is supposed to be the mainstream "they don't know anything about real Hip-Hop" award show. But compared to the other albums released in 2015, the Grammy's got it right. It's damn if you do and damn if you don't situation with the Grammys. If your favorite rapper is Mr. ? a Grammy and Mr. ? a Grammy got nominated, these hyprocrites would be given him props for doing so.

And you have to give Kendrick props for being one nomination away from tieing Micheal Jackson. I don't see Drake doing that and probably never will because you get the same ol ? from him. With each Kendrick project, he's always stepped his game up and tried something new - Like Micheal Jackson.

TPAB was a great album and was very fitting for all the social problems going on in Black America. I don't see protesters chanting hot line bling lyrics and doing cha-cha dances in front of police. Don't get me wrong, I understand everybody wants to chill and party too, but I have more respect for the rapper that can kick some real ? and make me bob my head, reflect and think at the same time.

looool
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    Drake
    Oh yeah ... KENDRICK WOULD ? DRAKE IN A RAP BATTLE. The only thing Drake could win is some girlish Twitter/Instagram/Facebook meme battle.

I promise u Drizzy would BODY Kendrick...All my battle forum ? know what I'm talkin bout too
  • Midwest_Journalist
    Midwest_Journalist Members Posts: 321 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar

I promise u Drizzy would BODY Kendrick...All my battle forum ? know what I'm talkin bout too

Maybe so, if they had a lame dance contest. LOL! But yeah, the stuff Kendrick spit would be too complicated for most people and would go over people's head. With today's style of hip-hop Drake could mumble three words and people would still give him the W.

To be honest, I hope they don't have a real rap beef because Drake would get the W for being "Drake" and not for his lyrical content. It would be like Nas vs. Jay-Z all over again. Nas killed Jay, but everyone was still riding Jay-Z's ? for being "Jay-Z."
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

how drake gonna beat him? by talking about his guns like every battle rapper?
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake

Exactly why the Reason is the absolutely worst place to discuss anything hip hop...

You can't be a fan of a artist music without being called a dickrider or stan...unless its Kendrick Lamar or Nyquil Cole.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    Still bewildered at the 'TPAB wasn't all that' sentiment

As long as people are aware this has nothing to do with talent as a rapper, im cool saying Drake

But if Kendrick wins that AOTY, forget about it.

Not many ? , period, have won it, let alone rap albums

Love Below was not a rap album, and lets be clear the voters picked that album based on Love Below not Speakerbox and LB was POP/R&B
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    Still bewildered at the 'TPAB wasn't all that' sentiment

As long as people are aware this has nothing to do with talent as a rapper, im cool saying Drake

But if Kendrick wins that AOTY, forget about it.

Not many ? , period, have won it, let alone rap albums

Love Below was not a rap album, and lets be clear the voters picked that album based on Love Below not Speakerbox and LB was POP/R&B

Tpab was cool but it wasnt all day. There are many flaws on the album but it is still very good. Also it wasnt a popular album many of his gkmc fans didn't like it at all
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    Drake
    AggyAF wrote: »

how drake gonna beat him? by talking about his guns like every battle rapper?

How dare you
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake

Exactly why the Reason is the absolutely worst place to discuss anything hip hop...

You can't be a fan of a artist music without being called a dickrider or stan...unless its Kendrick Lamar or Nyquil Cole.

Don't try to deflect. No one mentioned Cole. Everytime someone attacks Drake, your come flying out of the air to defend him. And it's not just you, it's a bunch of other ? too. You on the OVO payroll or nah?
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    Drake

Don't try to deflect. No one mentioned Cole. Everytime someone attacks Drake, your come flying out of the air to defend him. And it's not just you, it's a bunch of other ? too. You on the OVO payroll or nah?

Nah ? , I think u just be hatin and don't realize it

Its ok we're here for u
  • achewon87
    achewon87 Members Posts: 5,464 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Kendrick Lamar
    The stanning and caping going on in here on both sides lol...
  • Trillaaaaaa
    Options
    Drake
    Yall can keep nosigning it but the same EXACT way I told yall that Drake would body Meek, he'll do worse to Kendrick

Shoutout to K Dot by the way, I ? with that ? heavy. I just really didn't like this album
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Drake
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    The two records Drake put out this year weren't as good as To ? A Butterfly IMO and that's what we should be discussing on The Reason..

.. not his part ownership of a basketball team or who he's ? . Some of y'all ? man. SMH

The question wasn't specifically about music, but I don't listen to TPAB. Gave it two chances. I like Drake's ? more.
    If Kendrick Lamar was the guy, he'd be the guy. Interscope machine never failed before with an artist with such buzz (2Pac, 50, Dre, Eminem, etc.)...

Drake's the king of rap right now. These are facts.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Yall can keep nosigning it but the same EXACT way I told yall that Drake would body Meek, he'll do worse to Kendrick

Shoutout to K Dot by the way, I ? with that ? heavy. I just really didn't like this album

Explain w/receipts. How is drakebeating kendrick in a url style battle ?