The Official 2015-16 NBA Thread

Options

Comments

• Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That boy Rose took that mask off and started playing better, lets see if he can take that 4th quarter into the next game
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    with melo not gettin his calls plus him still working back from missin most of last season, id say thats more of a reason for 40% than him fallin off, he'll get on a good stretch eventually
  • Chi-Town Bully
    Chi-Town Bully Members Posts: 29,218 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That boy Rose took that mask off and started playing better, lets see if he can take that 4th quarter into the next game

He's trash

So far he has been, I'm still holding out hope he gets it together no matter how small that hope is
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    with melo not gettin his calls plus him still working back from missin most of last season, id say thats more of a reason for 40% than him fallin off, he'll get on a good stretch eventually

I agree 100% with the statement above. I do think Melo needs to maybe post up a bit more and run the triangle through him in that respect. The Knicks have some decent players but are a few away from doing any true damage.

I feel they could slide in the playoffs though if Melo gets his shot going but the biggest issue is Fisher finding and keeping the right rotations
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »
    Melo shooting 40% on the season, what the hell is going on with dude? He forget how to shoot?
    • He's never been very efficient
    • He is the only focus of opposing defenses
    • He's not getting any younger
    • And that passion and motivation is slowly leaving ...

Fall off this season was somewhat predictable

tumblr_mrea1sMKxI1rofsruo1_500.gif

Wrong on efficiency - 45% from field and 40% from 3 is efficient if you are taking 20 shots per - he's taking too many mid ranges, need him to post up more. Could be right on everything else

True.

He has been efficient - just not "very efficient" ...
    a la a Bird, Reggie, Lebron, Ray Allen, Dirk, Ice Man etc

That makes it more difficult to put up numbers or be as impactful once your athleticism fades.

He's definitely taking too many mid ranges ... That's been him his entire career though.

He's just settling more than he used to - most likely because of the aforementioned reasons
  • MarcusGarvey
    MarcusGarvey Members Posts: 4,569 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Melo shooting 40% on the season, what the hell is going on with dude? He forget how to shoot?

Wrong on efficiency - 45% from field and 40% from 3 is efficient if you are taking 20 shots per - he's taking too many mid ranges, need him to post up more. Could be right on everything else

True.

That makes it more difficult to put up numbers or be as impactful once your athleticism fades.

He's definitely taking too many mid ranges ... That's been him his entire career though.

He's just settling more than he used to - most likely because of the aforementioned reasons

True.

Dirk is an alien, he shoots 50% from mid range. Bron is not efficient because of jumpers, he's efficient because he makes like 70% at the rim. Always felt Melo should be 48-50%+ (which he did for a couple years under Karl) but he has bad shooting habits - but a few years he actually finished 4th in PER and the following year top 10 again
  • MarcusGarvey
    edited December 2015
    Options

True.

@#1hiphopjunki3
    He better, shooting 40% is embarrassing. I'm fine with him shooting 20x, but stop win the midranges, mix it up - post, 3s, drives, then some mids.
    I mean Durant came off serious foot surgery is back at 50/45/88
  • TheBoyRo
    TheBoyRo Members Posts: 13,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RIP hot Rod Williams
  • RAPH
    RAPH Members Posts: 3,169 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    RIP hot Rod Williams

Cavs fans: "Who?"

Lol, jk, R.I.P.
  • its....JOHN B
    its....JOHN B Members Posts: 19,830 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game of the year tonight, after we win we better not act like we won the championship, let's not be that team, the goal is to win the division, then not to get swept in the first round
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options

True.

True.

Dirk is an alien, he shoots 50% from mid range. Bron is not efficient because of jumpers, he's efficient because he makes like 70% at the rim. Always felt Melo should be 48-50%+ (which he did for a couple years under Karl) but he has bad shooting habits - but a few years he actually finished 4th in PER and the following year top 10 again

Lebron's not a great shooter ...

But, IMO great efficiency comes from great shooting (long range, mid range, close range), High Basketball IQ - or some combination of the two.

Athleticism drives the output, or volume of scoring, and ease at which you can score ...

Melo is a great talent but I don't see him making a big comeback this year or otherwise. He'll have a few peaks but I think around where he's at now ( 40-45%) is where he stay until he hangs it up.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Iman shumpert back tonight

Pelicans dangling Ryan Anderson for trades
  • RAPH
    Options
    Beta wrote: »

I know SVG wouldn't mind having a stretch 4 like Ryan Anderson...

I wouldn't mind trading Reggie Bullock from the squad... He was smiling and hugging Matt Barnes like an idiot after that shot... made me want smack the blond out of his high top...
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Looks like Uncle Drew and Shump are cleared to play against us tonight.. great...
  • HustleThaDon
    HustleThaDon Members Posts: 28,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    shumpert playing? Well awright.
  • RAPH
    edited December 2015
    Options
  • BlackAX410
    BlackAX410 Members Posts: 35,415 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Game of the year tonight, after we win we better not act like we won the championship, let's not be that team, the goal is to win the division, then not to get swept in the first round

Sully said they're approaching it as a regular game if klay doesnt play I like our chances
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TheBoyRo wrote: »
    RIP hot Rod Williams

Damn! Ex-NBA players are dropping like flies.

RIP
  • Ghostdenithegawd
    Ghostdenithegawd Members Posts: 16,231 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    BlackAX410 wrote: »

Sully said they're approaching it as a regular game if klay doesnt play I like our chances

why synth curry just going to absorb his shots likes hes been doing all season
  • MarcusGarvey
    Options
    RAPH wrote: »
    Edit*

Damn, video games graphics come a long way
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RAPH wrote: »
    Beta wrote: »

I know SVG wouldn't mind having a stretch 4 like Ryan Anderson...

I wouldn't mind trading Reggie Bullock from the squad... He was smiling and hugging Matt Barnes like an idiot after that shot... made me want smack the blond out of his high top...

He would look great in the system SVG runs but what does the Pistons have that could intice the Pelicans to make that trade?

I'm kind of surprised Pelicans haven't did a better job of using him. I mean I kind of understand why he isn't playing as well there due to the fact Anthony Davis is more of a jump shooter than a post player so they are kind of in each other's space a lot but Gentry should've figured out how to utilize this guy next to Davis.
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "Synth curry"

"Intice"
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The ? wrong with Melo?

Him being a cancer got him flabby and sick
  • ckfree
    ckfree Members Posts: 9,659 ✭✭✭✭✭