Complex At Hot97 (Ebro Goes In On Their Lists)

Options
13»

Comments

• Knightryder
    Knightryder Members Posts: 2,098 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As someone stated earlier in the thread..........ebro, helps promote the ?
    that they play on the radio, so why un be mad at complex is there list is ? ....

how many times ebro had rae shrremudd and all that corny ? playing over and over on the radio....

than u get mad when complex put they album 3rd best........

pappoose, astro, the ? from duckdown and etc all call ebro out on
    playing ? and not supporting enough real underground music......

• The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As someone stated earlier in the thread..........ebro, helps promote the ?
    that they play on the radio, so why un be mad at complex is there list is ? ....

how many times ebro had rae shrremudd and all that corny ? playing over and over on the radio....

than u get mad when complex put they album 3rd best........

pappoose, astro, the ? from duckdown and etc all call ebro out on
    playing ? and not supporting enough real underground music......

Ebro is a radio personality he doesnt have who he wants on or play the music he wants bro thats not hpw it works.
  • za'kiss
    za'kiss Members Posts: 1,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    On Ebro's behalf, he does sometimes ? about what hot 97 wants him to play. He pretty much admits he's a slave to the system. He plays the "big songs" but then tries to talk about the ? he personally likes, or rather, they "allow" him to and he can bring in interviews and rant about whatever he wants.

He's still annoying though and his opinions aren't even that interesting. I do like that sometimes when he's passionate about something though he will bully someone with some fairly decent, sometimes strong arguments until he gets a satisfying answer.

Still though, he mostly sucks and so does that whole radio station. He could be doing a lot more to get quality music on the radio. I mean you can play the popular ? that's blowing up on the internet all you want, but I find it hard to believe that he has so little power and influence he can't make a case for sectioning off bigger slots of time for playing more independent music and quality hip-hop. That's what a DJ is supposed to do. If curation and taste don't matter, then what do we need a DJ personality for?

Which is funny because he was bragging about his DJ credentials and the need for good judgment in the Complex interview, even though he's totally irrelevant to what the station plays. Hot 97 can just play whatever is trending on iTunes and blogs (which they do anyways). Might as well cut the ? middle man out because he's not doing anything except looking like a puppet.
  • MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14
    MeekMonizzLLLLLLe14 Members Posts: 15,337 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Did these hot 97 clowns compare TPAB with Stevies Songs in the key of life??? ? outta here lolol. Both Hot 97 and Complex are trolls.
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got a good laugh at him calling them Kriss Kross
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »

man rosenburg takes kendricks ? lungs deep lol to ? a butterfly is average as ? lol
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I won't really comment on that Sremmund ? . I can't say it's bad. It just isn't my type of ? . Even with that said though, I have a hard to buy their album being number three out of all the music that has come out this year. Was it really that popular?
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    I wanna punch all of them in the ? face, including the ugly ass white ? that's prolly 22 but looks like she's 41.

Who the ? made these cappuccino cornballs the damn gatekeepers of our culture any damn way? This is all because of white people, dumb ? , and sambos.

Smh. *sigh*

cause they are going to college and going for these gigs ... our people are too busy thinking there are no oppurtunities out there ....
  • antarticp
    antarticp Members Posts: 8,688 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerzWyld wrote: »
    Ebro is a hypocrite. This is the same guy who said rappers didn't deserve radio play because they weren't "Major League." Then when's pressed on it, he says rappers have too many bars and no melodies. Now rap has to have substance, but when people like Talib told him that he start ? -sucking melodies.

yeah but thats a bunch of different convos ... a top list for the year isnt the same criteria when you talking about a daily fm radio play list .... ijs ....
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    https://youtu.be/D1_mhjLDb3M

For ? who don't write they own lyrics, they had a lot to freestyle about for 20 minutes...

Might not be the deepest lyrics, but still impressive
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lol wtf is tupelo?

Mississippi homie Smh
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I won't really comment on that Sremmund ? . I can't say it's bad. It just isn't my type of ? . Even with that said though, I have a hard to buy their album being number three out of all the music that has come out this year. Was it really that popular?

They for the young crowd. That's who makes trends and parties and buys the music. It's not for older cats like us.I'm not gonna knock it cuz that's what they like
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    soulfulcat wrote: »

For ? who don't write they own lyrics, they had a lot to freestyle about for 20 minutes...

sounded like slim wanted to say ebro at 1:28
  • Peezy_Jenkins
    Peezy_Jenkins Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 33,205 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yea that ? wasnt deep, but them young ? talked that ? lmao
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    bkkbully wrote: »
    ? hipsters man

Im confused, is 'hipsters" the new name for corny mfs?

no corny mu'fuckas will always be corny mu'fuckas
    i know some cool hipsters

but these ? hipsters man
  • soulfulcat
    soulfulcat Members Posts: 1,330 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hipster ? them cats who wear vans, skinny jeans, look ? , and consider smoking weed a religion.
    Listen to cats like wiz khalifa, curren$y, mac miller, and chance the rapper
  • nj2089
    nj2089 Members Posts: 4,283 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Rae Sremmurd album was cool but definitely not top 5 albums of the year
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I can kind off "understand" what complex is saying about Rae Smmreerd, but still it's a troll job. Very disrespectful. If you wanted to put the highest album of turn ups, then out Drake or Future joint.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn. I guess Hot 97 won't be playing any Rae Shurmer (sp?) songs from now on....LOL.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They went in on the freestlye btw. Great chemistry. ? had me dying laughing lol
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just tried 2 listen 2 one of these fools cuts just 2 see what they bout smh turned it off at 1 minute. They are horrible and ain't even rapping or saying ? . So just cuz they make "party music" it's ok for them 2 get a pass? Well it's Complex. Don't take anything serious with them. I really think they trolling putting these fools at 3. I peeped the list of top 50. I didn't know half of these albums even existed lmao
  • Mr_Vicodin81G
    Mr_Vicodin81G Members Posts: 2,923 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    soulfulcat wrote: »

This ? was hella boring