Twista Admits To Using Ghostwriters

Options
J.J._Evans
J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://allhiphop.com/2015/12/16/exclusive-twista-talks-turning-down-role-in-chi-raq-admits-to-using-ghostwriters/
Another major topic from 2015 was the use of ghostwriters in Hip Hop. The conversation was sparked by Meek Mill calling out Drake for not writing his verse on their collaboration “R.I.C.O.” Has Twista ever had someone else pen his rhymes?

“Yeah,” he admits. “Not nothing where I’m trying to prove to you that Twista is the dopest artist or I got the best lyrics.”

The creator of the Livin Legend EP adds he only used a ghostwriter on about three songs. In addition, Twista warns he still has the lyrical ability to take on anyone that may want to challenge him.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IRUz7OLm8go

LOL........Told y'all this was happening in the Drake -vs- Meek thread, which is why no major rappers came out on Meek's side. Either way, major love to the Chi-Town legend Twista. He's one of the coldest to ever do this rap ? .

Cassidy also told y'all that ghostwriting was normal in hip hop and damn near everybody uses them from time to time....

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/534666/cassidy-says-that-rappers-having-writers-is-normal-and-not-a-big-deal/p1
J.J._Evans wrote: »
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=du-nvb-S9KM

"There's been plenty of rappers that I like they music my whole life before I knew them, and then when I got a chance to meet them, they wanted me to write for them."

Comments

• J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »
    Did you even read what you posted?

Once again, you ? gotta stop stabbing for Drake

Just because Twista used a ghostwriter that doesn't make it right or acceptable

And why is Twista your authority on this?

Did you even read what I posted?.....I see you're one of the posters still mad from the Drake -vs- Meek thread.

Twista is a living legend, so yea........he's an authority on this subject.
  • YapatnaJB
    YapatnaJB Members Posts: 1,260 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "The creator of the Livin Legend EP adds he only used a ghostwriter on about three songs." As long as his rap career is that's not bad, I guess
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @goldie gonna be mad about this
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not a good look.. Kinda saw him as a gimmick this doesn't help him.
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nyst8ofmin wrote: »
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

And why is Twista your authority on this?

not saying i agree, but he got something like 25 years in the game. i think his opinion means something.

Bernie Kosar had a long ass career too.

Anyway, i mentioned that my guess on who would do this is old head rappers who just lazy, qanna keep current, regardless of their talent level . I said Busta as a an example of whobi wouldn't be surprised doing it. Twista is right on that type lane
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Am I surprised.. Yes & no. I'm more surprised that in 2015 people give a ? that it's Twista.
  • Chi Snow
    Chi Snow Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 28,111 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Down right shameful if you ask me
  • grYmes
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    I guess nobody watched the vid.

3 songs in a 20 plus year career? I aint trippin bout that. He said he just recently did it just ? around on a crunk type track. This was post adrenaline rush, post kamikaze , but ? quick to read the thread title and not check facts.

Twista ain't someone I would check for as far as lyricism anyways so him admitting to it even if its 3 songs don't change my opinion of him. He had some hot joints & left his mark, but this isn't something anyone really should give a ? about.

• 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options

3 songs in a 20 plus year career? I aint trippin bout that. He said he just recently did it just ? around on a crunk type track. This was post adrenaline rush, post kamikaze , but ? quick to read the thread title and not check facts.

That's 3 too many bruh. But it isn't like he's Puffy or Dre status with the ghostwriters though but it is what it is.
  • grYmes
    Options

5th Letter wrote: »

That's 3 too many bruh. But it isn't like he's Puffy or Dre status with the ghostwriters though but it is what it is.

So those 3 songs he recently used ghostwriters for negates his whole career? In that case Cube shouldnt be on any lists either.
    grYmes wrote: »

Twista ain't someone I would check for as far as lyricism anyways so him admitting to it even if its 3 songs don't change my opinion of him. He had some hot joints & left his mark, but this isn't something anyone really should give a ? about.

giphy.gif

Twista aint lyrical? Twista epitomizes lyricism.

Never said he wasn't. Just not someone that I PERSONALLY check for.