BelovedAfeni Members Posts: 8,647 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legend in the game

Nothing but respect
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »
    It's wack no matter who do it. Hip hop has always been about originality and standin on your own two.

but the first rap song to pop was ghostwritten........
  • sr_the_freshman
    sr_the_freshman Members Posts: 2,480 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It's wack no matter who do it. Hip hop has always been about originality and standin on your own two.

First rap song to pop isn't a part of the Golden Era. ? evolved beyond that.
  • Elzo69Renaissance
    Elzo69Renaissance Members Posts: 50,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

there were ghostwriters and producers during that Era as well...its part of the game...i dont like it none but its part of the game
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    If u can't write it yourself you don't need to say it

An idea is not bad just because it isn't spoken by the source

That being said though you lose your credentials as an "artist" when your art is not your own creation. Particularly in music where the production is already done by other people. If you are not writing your rhymes you're not an artist, just a performer.
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Elzo69Renaissance That's like not punishing a child for stealing, then sayin it's still ok when they 30. The game needed time to grow. Wasn't no bylaws then.
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Stop trying to make this ghostwriting ? happen; it's not going to happen.

You ? ? know what the difference is between the chorus and actual bars.
    Ya'll want the game to be bubblegum pop sooooooo bad.

We had to accept wack ? a decade ago, now they want us to accept rappers that use ghostwriters smh.

Unless you're Diddy, Dre, Drake, Eazy E and people of that ilk you will lose credibility instantly.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I pray Nas get ousted with ghost writers so we can see all the tears flow from you ?

Bruh! In 2016 it will come to light that more of these ? favourite rappers and father figures have used a ghost writer from time to time.

That includes Nas and Jay.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I pray Nas get ousted with ghost writers so we can see all the tears flow from you ?

Well there was some light shed on that regarding the N. I. G. G. E. R. album and some chick alleging Nasir had tracks written for him on that LP by Jay Electronica and stic.man of dead prez... who also produced on the album

However it was debunked by two of them.

I think NaS said (not too sure) the only ? he get rhyme ideas from is his blood brother Jungle..
  • Screwtape
    Screwtape Members Posts: 611 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

Well there was some light shed on that regarding the N. I. G. G. E. R. album and some chick alleging Nasir had tracks written for him on that LP by Jay Electronica and stic.man of dead prez... who also produced on the album

However it was debunked by two of them.

I think NaS said (not too sure) the only ? he get rhyme ideas from is his blood brother Jungle..

yeah i read that jay elec rumour, i forget the track but it did sound very j elec style

nas smokes too much and as such is someone who spends a lot of time alone writing, thats just the type of guy he is, id be very very surprised if he was ever outed as having a ghostwriter. this is the guy who made 'book of rhymes'

• mosincredible
    mosincredible Members Posts: 2,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yall only want this ? to happen as to validate your favorite, ghostwriter assisted artist, which is wack.

there were ghostwriters and producers during that Era as well...its part of the game...i dont like it none but its part of the game

Yes ghostwriting always existed. Just like fouls exist in basketball. Just like steroids exist in athletics. Just like implants exist in hoes.

It's still a foul. It's still cheating. It's still unauthentic. Still unacceptable in the game.

Thing is, I'm a fan of music. Cheating, fouls, all that ? only affects rankings of rappers. I personally don't care where any of these ? are ranked. Rankings are all opinions anyway. I only care about the lyrics themselves and how the music sounds. Some of you would flat out stop listening to a song because you found out the artist didn't write it. That ? 's silly to me.
  • J.J._Evans
    J.J._Evans Members Posts: 2,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5th Letter wrote: »

We had to accept wack ? a decade ago, now they want us to accept rappers that use ghostwriters smh.

Unless you're Diddy, Dre, Drake, Eazy E and people of that ilk you will lose credibility instantly.

LOL....you know damn well Drake doesn't deserve to be grouped in with them.
  • bkkbully
    bkkbully Members Posts: 2,221 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    as long as it wasnt that verse on Still Po Pimpin i have no issues with this
  • J.J._Evans
    Options

Nas has admitted that his brother wrote for him, but watch all the hypocrites declare that it's "not really ghostwriting"..........

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=80o5aytdBR0
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    criticizing a platinum seller not too mention a pioneer such as Twista on some faggy ? like this says far more about how spoiled music listeners can be than it does about his artistic integrity.
  • Lustchyld
    Options
    in fact, that's like saying Curry hit the game winning 3 but it rattled in so he's not the best shooter
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

He's more of an entertainer than an emcee besides that there's nothing wrong with being in that Dr Dre/Diddy lane.
  • Lustchyld
    Options
    better yet, that's like 2 people fighting.--1 bites off more than they can chew, but wasn't bout that life. get's their ego fractured on some 'never be the same' ? . Now he throws class out the window knowing he barked up the wrong tree. This goes under the 'what they don't know won't hurt' em criteria aka no harm no foul.
  • J.J._Evans
    Options
    J.J._Evans wrote: »

He's more of an entertainer than an emcee besides that there's nothing wrong with being in that Dr Dre/Diddy lane.

I consider him an emcee more than an entertainer. I think some people still refuse to give him props because he blew past some of their favorite MCs. ? , the guy has the game on lock......Damn near everything he puts his voice to becomes a hit in the club and/or radio.

That Diddy/Eazy/Dre lane is an insult to him and you know it.....LOL. Even after the Meek ? , many heavys in the industry still gave his pen game major props.