Big Daddy Kane: “KRS-One was the Battle I Really Wanted”

Options
Intelligent_Hoodlum
Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
Kane also speaks on his rivalry with Rakim and says if they battled we already know how that woulda ended lol

Comments

• 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I would have put my money on KRS One.

I thought KRS was better in that era (87-91), but Kane stopped at the right time while KRS kept putting out records past his prime.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I think KRS would have bodie Kane myself
  • Lustchyld
    Lustchyld Members Posts: 987 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KRS??? Better than Kane?? are you involved with the hip-hop community or not??
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Lustchyld wrote: »
    KRS??? Better than Kane?? are you involved with the hip-hop community or not??

After the way KRS dismantled the Juice Crew you'd be crazy to battle him. Besides Rakim and Kane there's very few MCs I'd put up against KRS in that era. Maybe LL Cool J.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Y'all trippin

Kane would've WASHED KRS

KRS won the juice crew battle by Stealing a Marley marl beat and using a jafaican accent.

Song wasn't even hot. Name me one line that was etherous in the bridge is over.

And that's basically his claim to fame.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    MC shan >>>>>> KRS
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    Kane would have murdered krs and got killed by rakim
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all trippin

Kane would've WASHED KRS

KRS won the juice crew battle by Stealing a Marley marl beat and using a jafaican accent.

Saying hip hop started out in queensbridge, telling lies like that mon you know you can't live.

Come on homie knock it off.

The bridge is over still bangs till this day.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Y'all trippin

Kane would've WASHED KRS

Nonsense.

When I was in high school, The Bridge Is Over was one of the songs that a DJ would play to get everybody on the dance floor. It was the type of song that the DJ would drop and the whole crowd would say, "hoooooooo".

Anyway, you asked for an etherous line;

1. I finally figured it out Magic's mouth is used for suckin/Roxanne Shante is only good for steady ?

2. Manhattan keeps on makin it/Brooklyn keeps on taking it/Bronx keeps creating it and Queens keeps on faking it.

3. Bronx created Hip Hop/Queens will only get dropped
  • nex gin
    nex gin Members Posts: 10,698 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lmao @ Shan saying "is the new ? coming to the show?"
  • O.G.
    O.G. Members Posts: 7,555 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They are both still active. It's not too late to give the fans a friendly battle. It wouldn't have the same impact as it would of in the 80's but it would draw a lot of interest today.
  • T. Sanford
    T. Sanford Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 25,291 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wish they did battle so Kane would've murdered him on wax
  • nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Really though Krs went at the weak targets in the Juice Crew.. (Shan, Marly Marl, Roxanne Shante). KRS didn't want with Masta Ace, Craig G, Kane or G Rap.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    nujerz84 wrote: »
    Really though Krs went at the weak targets in the Juice Crew.. (Shan, Marly Marl, Roxanne Shante). KRS didn't want with Masta Ace, Craig G, Kane or G Rap.

Not really, Shan was one of the top MCs of his era (85-87). He was one of the few rappers that had an album in 1987. Most rappers at that time might have a single, or two singles. But full length albums didn't start becoming the norm until around 1988.

G Rap might have given KRS some trouble on wax but I still think KRS was the #1 battle rapper of his era. Meaning, if they went on stage KRS would have served anybody in his prime, including Kane, Rakim and G Rap.
  • nujerz84
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    nujerz84 wrote: »

Not really, Shan was one of the top MCs of his era (85-87). He was one of the few rappers that had an album in 1987. Most rappers at that time might have a single, or two singles. But full length albums didn't start becoming the norm until around 1988.

G Rap might have given KRS some trouble on wax but I still think KRS was the #1 battle rapper of his era. Meaning, if they went on stage KRS would have served anybody in his prime, including Kane, Rakim and G Rap.

Compared to Kane, Ace, G Rap and Craig G.. Shan is still the weakest mc in the group. Even in KRS prime he not gonna serve all those mc like that like they are some scrubs. KRS knew what he was doing going after Shan, Marly and Roxanne.

Craig G is arguably the greatest off the dome batle rapper of all time (In the convo with Supernatural and Juice) he give KRS that work on stage.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    But Master Ace and Craig G weren't even out yet. I think Craig G had a few singles but he didn't have an album. And I don't even think Master Ace existed yet when The Bridge Is over came out.

When The Bridge Is Over came out the only one that had an album was MC Shan.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MC shan >>>>>> KRS

Shan was'nt even the best out the Juice Crew
  • nujerz84
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    But Master Ace and Craig G weren't even out yet. I think Craig G had a few singles but he didn't have an album. And I don't even think Master Ace existed yet when The Bridge Is over came out.

When The Bridge Is Over came out the only one that had an album was MC Shan.

True the guys came later in 1987 I thought they were already part of the crew.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    Here's a song by The Original Juice Crew (before Big Daddy Kane and Master Ace). It was around the same time as The Bridge Is Over

Kool G Rap
    Craig G
    Glamorous
    MC Shan
    Tragedy Khadafi/Intelligent Hoodlum
    Roxanne Shante

^^^^ That was the Juice Crew in 1987. Out of all of them, MC Shan was the most popular and released an album right around that time. You might say that Craig G, Kool G Rap or Tragedy were better but they hadn't really done anything yet.

In 1986/87 the two most popular MCs in the Juice Crew were Shan and Shante

Juice Crew All Stars - Juice Crew All Stars

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zk8gwpjvIL0
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Y'all trippin

Kane would've WASHED KRS

Saying hip hop started out in queensbridge, telling lies like that mon you know you can't live.

Come on homie knock it off.

The bridge is over still bangs till this day.

They never said that it started in queensbridge.

They said "we wanna tell you a story about where we come from"

KRS saw an opportunity to Diss them because he got ethered by Mr. Magic.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    First KRS dissing LL on stage now Kane throwin shots. These old rappers need to stop beefing and start a supergroup called Larry Holmes Status
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Marley Marl explaining how KRS stole his beat for the bridge is over. And also that the beat was unnecessary.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=6IxUXfhC8TI
  • 5 Grand
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Here's a Marley Marl interview on NPR. Just to clarify a few things; There were two main Hip Hop radio shows in the late 80s in New York;

• 98.7 Kiss FM - Chuck Chillout on Friday Nights and Red Alert on Saturday Nights
    • 107.5 WBLS - Mr Magic was the radio announcer and Marley Marl would mix the records on Friday and Saturday nights

Mr Magic was actually the first rap DJ in New York, he had a show back in 1979 before he moved to WBLS. So Mr Magic had a reputation and he used to diss people on the air. He used to diss Red Alert who was on the "other" radio station.

• Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    Kane would have murdered krs and got killed by rakim

If they was on stage having a real battle off the top of the dome, i dont see how Ra woulda won