Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie racist as ?

Kinda but Finn is the only character that gets any type of development usually they don't put any effort into the token black character but this film is the exact opposite. How ever The advertising for this is misleading as ? .

(WARNING: SPOILER ALERT, PLEASE DO NOT READ.)

DO NOT READ.....

I REPEAT, DO NOT READ. DOPE MOVIE BTW.
    Na ? this movie. Nothing dope about this low key subliminal racist propaganda movie. Let's keep this in the spoilers bruh. Finns character was a living breathing stereotype by what white ppl think of us. I hated his whole back story about being a stormtrooper and the white dude cheering in the back of the theatre when he fought Kylo Ren and loss ? me the ? off. They made him look so ? weak the whole movie he was someones ? or running from a fight. It was misleading af. Even the ? pilot had a bigger rep than him. He was a jar jar binks in the flesh. ? that movie, ? JJ abrams whole career and ? his life. I'm so done with bad robot films.

JJ Abrams has never made a good film.
  • cannonspike1994
    Options
    This movie is the definition of everything that's wrong with modern movies.
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie racist as ?

Kinda but Finn is the only character that gets any type of development usually they don't put any effort into the token black character but this film is the exact opposite. How ever The advertising for this is misleading as ? .

(WARNING: SPOILER ALERT, PLEASE DO NOT READ.)

DO NOT READ.....

I REPEAT, DO NOT READ. DOPE MOVIE BTW.
    Na ? this movie. Nothing dope about this low key subliminal racist propaganda movie. Let's keep this in the spoilers bruh. Finns character was a living breathing stereotype by what white ppl think of us. I hated his whole back story about being a stormtrooper and the white dude cheering in the back of the theatre when he fought Kylo Ren and loss ? me the ? off. They made him look so ? weak the whole movie he was someones ? or running from a fight. It was misleading af. Even the ? pilot had a bigger rep than him. He was a jar jar binks in the flesh. ? that movie, ? JJ abrams whole career and ? his life. I'm so done with bad robot films.

JJ Abrams has never made a good film.
    I thought the ? was gonna be a jedi and have a dope ass backstory but instead that ? went full blown racist. He was taken from his parents and given a slave name and number like FN357236. A ? gave him a simple name like Finn and he becomes a yessah ass ? and accepts it. He picks up Luke and Reys saber and gets his ass whooped by everyone with it. More screaming, chuck and jiving for his white friends. He picks up the saber again and damn near dies by Ren. His character was put their to get buried. To make it worse, he worked for ? sanitation for the order. He was the weakest stormtrooper ? ass ? of them all. JJ knew what he meant. "No ? will ever succeed in our white fantasies." Misleading as ? and now ppl will go in there thinking Finn is a major star when he was weak as ? and only used for comic relief.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I think I've vented enough in my spoilers and feel much better now. :)
  • dontdiedontkillanyon
    dontdiedontkillanyon Members Posts: 10,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    https://youtu.be/qslJQUMc9yA

Count how many Star Wars puns gets thrown into the weather report
  • bscoop
    bscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    Options
    No spoilers but props to John's character for being the most developed character who actually pushed the story. I was upset at how quickly some character were pushed to the forefront and i thought it was a bit long.

3.5/5 Stars
  • cannonspike1994
    Options
    bscoop wrote: »
    No spoilers but props to John's character for being the most developed character who actually pushed the story. I was upset at how quickly some character were pushed to the forefront and i thought it was a bit long.

3.5/5 Stars

That's why I didn't find the character racist at all. It seems like they put all there effort into Finn.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    White ppl will love this film even more.
  • cannonspike1994
    Options
    han solo's death was so predictable and Luke Skywalker hiding like a ? in some cave ? me off.
  • cannonspike1994
    edited December 2015
    Options

White woman are the only group of people that will like this film. You can tell it was written by a feminazi. This is hunger games in space.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options

White woman are the only group of people that will like this film. You can tell it was written by a feminazi. This is hunger games in space.

I need to go back and read broddies post. He may have had some valid points.
  • bscoop
    bscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Also very predictable
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just came back from the theater and watching the movie.

Star_Wars_Funny_gif__0357.GIF
  • cannonspike1994
    Options
    There was no effort put in this movie. It's like a marvel film. It's an ad for the next movie.
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Shahahahahahahahhahahha yall was so juiced bruh was gona
    be a jedi......thia cant b life
  • Max.
    Max. Members Posts: 33,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I gota see this ?
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Movie is 7/10 at best.
    Fin was mad unecessary for this movie. So ? was taken from his home as a child. Given a name twice by whites. Got branded on his back by lord voldermort's son. Was only courageous when it involved white wimmenz. Don't forget how they had this ? drink out of a intergalactic doggy bowl.
  • (ob)Scene
    Options
    Oh ? , y'all ? are the worst. There are legitimate gripes to be had with the movie so come on with the battered women syndrome.
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    how the ? they beating up hans son who has years of the dark side training? cheatin ass movie
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    For real tho cheating ass movie
  • (ob)Scene
    edited December 2015
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    how the ? they beating up hand sub who has years of the dark side training? cheatin ass movie
    See this is a legitimate gripe.

I think it was because he was shot badly by Chewie. That's why before he engaged with Finn they showed the blood spill into the snow. I'm assuming that's what allowed Finn to hang with him. As far as not force pushing him or something during battle is anyone's guess, but the same can be asked of many other battles in the franchise.

I think Ray was able to hang because she already knew how to use a weapon (as shown early in the movie when she used her staff) and they seemed to be implying that the force is stronger with her than with Kylo. Since it appears that she's Luke's daughter I wouldn't be surprised if she's stronger with the force than even he & will be unfuckwitable once she's properly trained.
  • Idiopathic Joker
    Idiopathic Joker Members, Moderators Posts: 45,691 Regulator
    Options
    I haven't seen it yet
  • cannonspike1994
    Options
    Finn might have the force he learns so fast.