Official Star Wars Cinematic Universe Thread: Now Showing : Ep VIII - The Last Jedi (15 Dec)

Options

Comments

• Splackavelli
    Splackavelli Members Posts: 18,806 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    In my opinion it looks better when you can't tell it's being used. Studios go to CGI to suspend belief and add fantasy but it ends up looking horrible in some cases. For example Jurassic Park used CGI and they mixed it with animatronics and it made it look more authentic.

It takes talent and it a large amount of time to do but in a way studios have become lazy relying on It too much. Effects have gotten better but they don't know how to "hide" it anymore

404948_v1.gif

404962_v1.gif

404976_v1.jpg

This is cgi too but looks way better than the pics above

404982_v1.jpg

Actually some of that looks good. The cgi at that geonosis battle scene was terrible no practical effects whatsoever al green screen it looks almost as cartoonksh as those shark boy. or spy kid movies. You can tell all the. Geonosisians in the crowd were repeated renders. I like the action in that scene but I'm Just giving an example Of really bad cgi.
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    yall dont ? with Attack of the Clones?

It's OK. Every thing about it was good except for the reshed romance between anakim and padme. Dude hasn't seen her I n ten years. From what I get he wasn't thinking about her until he saw her. Then forgets all his neck training and starts creepsetting ("don't look at me like that"........" Sorry m'lady") she blew him off for half of the movie. Then at the face of death she loves him. K just felt they come of came with something better than that. Every thing else was good though. The bounty hunter chase in the beggining. More of the Jedi temple. Obi wan doing detective work. Jango fett. The battle of geonosis. Etc.
  • StoneColdMikey
    StoneColdMikey Members, Moderators Posts: 33,543 Regulator
    Options
    They made anakin seem like a ? creep. He hasn't seen that girl since he was like 11... So he 21 now and talking about this girl like he knew her since forever . Then they fall in love like that's stupid
  • (ob)Scene
    (ob)Scene Members Posts: 4,729 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    yall dont ? with Attack of the Clones?

It's OK. Every thing about it was good except for the reshed romance between anakim and padme. Dude hasn't seen her I n ten years. From what I get he wasn't thinking about her until he saw her. Then forgets all his neck training and starts creepsetting ("don't look at me like that"........" Sorry m'lady") she blew him off for half of the movie. Then at the face of death she loves him. K just felt they come of came with something better than that. Every thing else was good though. The bounty hunter chase in the beggining. More of the Jedi temple. Obi wan doing detective work. Jango fett. The battle of geonosis. Etc.

The endless exposition & round table discussions talking about ? that would've been much more exciting to see. The wooden acting. The horrible CGI (save for Ep. 3). Atrocious dialogue. ? poor chemistry. Midichlorians.

Nah... Wasn't a damn thing good about those prequels. Only episode 3 was decent.
  • illestni99ainne
    illestni99ainne Members Posts: 5,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The local news here just ruined the ending and said Harrison Ford died. If I hadn't already seen it o would've been so ? .
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    willhustle wrote: »

I don't get why the Star Wars prequel films get hate like they do. I understand the first movie was probably like *meh* to some people because a little kid was the lead of the movie and it was slow but a decent movie came out of it. Episodes 2 & 3 were the backbone of the prequels and you can damn near put them up there with the original films.

Co-sign. The Phantom Menace is absolute trash, but Clones and Sith are good movies. Just as good if not better than Return of the Jedi.
  • focus
    focus Members Posts: 5,361 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Force Awakens was pretty dope. Honestly, its just A New Hope remastered.
  • soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    *never seen a Star Wars movie but somewhat interested in Force Awakens post*
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hahaha two of my coworkers saw it yesterday for free and they are upset,
    they said they were mislead about Finn
    They are upset he wasnt a Jedi or the main hero because Rey Saved the day and Finn ran away the whole movie, he was a slave.

I mentioned he may be force sensative but at this point Boyega was used to get African Americans to support the movie, very smart advertising because otherwise black people dont support star wars that strongly. If Black movies were making alot of money recently I dont think the trailers would of looked like they d
  • Focal Point
    Focal Point Members Posts: 16,307 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Finn is Luke's son
    Rey is some random broad
    Finn is gonna give Rey the 8 in Epi 8
    Hayden was ? terrible in the prequels
    Padme ? sucked
    The prequels told the story but sucked at it
    Kylo ain't even finish training so I don't know how he's stronger than Vader like some of y'all are saying
    Darth Maul survived
    Finn is no way possible Mace's son, way too many years pass by from prequels to these 30 years after Return
    Vader did more than ? kids... He killed off almost all the Jedi on his own as well as entire planets... Without the Death Star

• northside7
    northside7 Members Posts: 25,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Just saw it in IMAX 3D. ? was live af. Loved how there was constant action and not long drawn out dialogue.

Definitely looking forward to the next one.

*First time ever watching a star wars movie*
  • lamontbdc
    lamontbdc Members Posts: 18,824 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    going tonight...do I need to wait for the credits to end to see some extra ? ?
  • Big Kola
    Big Kola Members Posts: 1,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lamontbdc wrote: »
    I don't believe so
  • Turfaholic
    Turfaholic Members Posts: 20,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I saw it last night. Damn shame. Ive never watched a Star Wars movie in full and knew exactly who was who, and what was going to happen.
    I bet Ray Luke Skywalker daughter
  • Splackavelli
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    They are upset he wasnt a Jedi or the main hero because Rey Saved the day and Finn ran away the whole movie, he was a slave.

I mentioned he may be force sensative but at this point Boyega was used to get African Americans to support the movie, very smart advertising because otherwise black people dont support star wars that strongly. If Black movies were making alot of money recently I dont think the trailers would of looked like they d

Yet people forget Billy Dee williams (hero) and James Earl Jones were main characters in the OG ones

And Sam Jackson was a big character in the the prequels.

Wtf these people on.

These ? are cinema militants
    804 Members Posts: 1,608 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Y'all remember the scene where Kylo was talking to Rey, and he was talking about Han feeling like a father figure to her, but she would be disappointed? Maybe she is Han and Leia's daughter. Luke don't strike me as the dude to risk some ? with the dark side over some ? .
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »

Yet people forget Billy Dee williams (hero) and James Earl Jones were main characters in the OG ones

And Sam Jackson was a big character in the the prequels.

Wtf these people on.

These ? are cinema militants

and its annoying
  • bscoop
    bscoop Members Posts: 478 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Finn is Luke's son
    Rey is some random broad
    Finn is gonna give Rey the 8 in Epi 8
    Hayden was ? terrible in the prequels
    Padme ? sucked
    The prequels told the story but sucked at it
    Kylo ain't even finish training so I don't know how he's stronger than Vader like some of y'all are saying
    Darth Maul survived
    Finn is no way possible Mace's son, way too many years pass by from prequels to these 30 years after Return
    Vader did more than ? kids... He killed off almost all the Jedi on his own as well as entire planets... Without the Death Star

Goat Post
  • Focal Point
    edited December 2015
    Options

Nope
  • Focal Point
    Options
    Damn do I need to spoiler that nope?
  • Will Munny
    Will Munny Members Posts: 30,199 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn do I need to spoiler that nope?

Nope

• Inglewood_B
    Inglewood_B Members Posts: 12,246 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    804 wrote: »
    Y'all remember the scene where Kylo was talking to Rey, and he was talking about Han feeling like a father figure to her, but she would be disappointed? Maybe she is Han and Leia's daughter. Luke don't strike me as the dude to risk some ? with the dark side over some ? .
    I think she either a Skywalker or kin to who ever Ren is
  • DillaDeaf
    DillaDeaf Members Posts: 4,802 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ok so here we go........ @Sion , @VIBE , @Broddie ...tell me what you think
    Finally some decent subtis came out for the cam torrent, so I went ahead and watch -- there's no captioned theatres near me so that my only recourse if I wanted to watch it

Now on the theories of mines ---

It's an ongoing theory that most folks think Finn might be related to Lando somehow.
    Put I think --He might, but I'm not sure if he's Lando's son. Might be a family member kid related to one of Lando's siblings in one of the Empire camp...that would be a way that Vader also kept Lando in line at Bespin (Cloud City)

Since we know Abrams took from the old "EU" somewhat, here's an outrageous one I thought of, but sensible if you think about it -- What if Rey is Luke's kid BUT her mom would be Mara Jade? ....Except Mara won't be the "Emperor's Hand" in the SW sequel universe but somehow still is force sensitive?

Plasma will be back. If anything, I can see her going the Boba Fett route...

Snoke could be a clone of Palp. I mean the Clone Wars did set the precedent of having clones in the universe. What would be wilder if Snoke was a clone of Anakin.Could you imagine that ? ?

Going back to Kylo, he's going full on bad. It's gonna be either Finn or Rey battling Kylo at the end.

? , let's make my theory on Finn even wilder..........what if Lando and Mace are from the same family line as Finn...Mace would be the grandfather, Lando the father (but the force skip him over) , and Finn got the power of his grandfather. Remember ...the branch tree of the force that Mace studied is surprisingly powerful because it teeters to the edge of the dark side, which when you think about it...it the balance to the force