The F-ck!!!! The Whitewash Is Real Folks!!! Billboard Names Joss Stone Reggae Artist Of The Year

Options
13»

Comments

• zzombie
    zzombie Members Posts: 11,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    JokerKing wrote: »
    zzombie wrote: »
    as a Jamaican I don't really give a ? about the Grammy awards. Bounty killa is the greatest and he never won a Grammy. Tanya Stevens makes great albums she never won a Grammy.

Grammy can be suck his granny between two fry fish and bammy

What?

In other words ? that ? and bammy is like a bread made of cassava
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chronixx the one to watch IMO
  • goldenja
    goldenja Members Posts: 6,351 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    throaty style huh?
    I'm interested
  • Rasta.
    Rasta. Members Posts: 9,342 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Rasta. wrote: »
    jono wrote: »
    Her voice is too dope for reggae.

Its ? reggae at that

@jono are you serious? some of the greatest voices in music are from that genre

Nah B. When i think of great singers not even Marley comes to mind. Reggae requires a certain sound and feel of voice

Marley is not even in my top 10 voices of reggae, as with all things you gotta dig deeper for quality sounds.
  • DNB1
    DNB1 Members Posts: 19,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Chronixx >>>>>>
  • Swiffness!
    Swiffness! Members Posts: 10,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This is Billboard. The "award" is based solely on sales/chart success.

So......imho the REAL ether here is that the best selling Reggae album of the year only pushed a mere 29,000+ units. Ouch.

• StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Swiffness! wrote: »
    This is Billboard. The "award" is based solely on sales/chart success.

So......imho the REAL ether here is that the best selling Reggae album of the year only pushed a mere 29,000+ units. Ouch.

Reggae albums never sold like american albums
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    all i can think about is how she supposedly ? for tracks.
  • rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    I don't care cause I ain't seen one black person big up any reggae albums this year. ? trying to convince me that Future had one of the best albums of the year though...
  • rapmusic
    Options
    They didn't call her greatest Reggae artist ever. She's just Reggae artist of the year. I know nothing about this chick. Is her album actually Reggae? Is it good? You can't disqualify a white person from that title just because they are white, and a black person shouldn't get that title solely because he or she is black.

Now I seriously doubt this chick made the best Reggae music of the year, but I don't know enough about the genre to say one way or the other.

thesr ? over reactions are hilarious
    This what happens when u have ? cosigning basic white ? and their fuckery. Next year Adelle gonna win r&b artist of the year. And miley cyrus for Hip Hop Artist of the year. Smh

man ? its joss stone she been nothing but soul from jump you act like her making an reggae album was a last ditch effort to sell records for joss stone to want to make an reggae album she legit wanted to do it

none of those other white broads you brung up are anything like joss stone where were u ? when she was winning awards for neosoul?

but let her go sideways and do some reggae yall ? catch yall periods all at the sametime because yall got some absurd idea one black genre of music is worth protecting more than the other

i wouldn't be suprised if she did lace a nice reggae album
    Exactly
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    I aint heard of joss stone since i was 13

last i heard raphael saadiq said she was ? for songs
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bounty killa speaks
    Dear Government of Jamaica, Reggae/ Dancehall Artistes, What are you doing to preserve Reggae Music? What measures are implemented for A genre birthed on the Island which is widely celebrated elsewhere, giving others the chance to benefit more than us? How many more Matisyahu's, Eddi Murphy's, and Josh Stone's will there be to benefit more than our people who do not fall short on talent? The problem is a momentous one with all of you collectively to blame. I urge you to STOP CHASTISING Reggae and Dancehall music and step up to the podium to defend and demand what is rightfully ours. You're all doing big things separately, when will you put aside the badmind, crab in barrels, I'm booked and busy and you're not so I don't care mentality and FIGHT as a UNIT for the accolades we deserve? Dont tell me getting 5 minutes on the BET AWARDS or a feature on some American Artiste album is ENOUGH? At the end of the tours, concerts etc.where are the Internationally recognized accolades rewarding your best effort? The Government, and the Marley boys as Internationally recognized as they are have a voice that they don't use to assist Reggae/Dancehall except for their own family's personal gain. Wake up Jamaica. ? like this is UNACCEPTABLE! ? what Billboard says, ain't no Reggae Artiste more deserving than a Jamaican doing authentic Reggae music!"
    So sez the warlord
    Bounty-Killer-legend.jpg
  • LUClEN
    LUClEN Members Posts: 20,559 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
  • Ounceman
    Ounceman Members Posts: 6,702 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    gns wrote: »
    Bounty killa speaks
    Dear Government of Jamaica, Reggae/ Dancehall Artistes, What are you doing to preserve Reggae Music? What measures are implemented for A genre birthed on the Island which is widely celebrated elsewhere, giving others the chance to benefit more than us? How many more Matisyahu's, Eddi Murphy's, and Josh Stone's will there be to benefit more than our people who do not fall short on talent? The problem is a momentous one with all of you collectively to blame. I urge you to STOP CHASTISING Reggae and Dancehall music and step up to the podium to defend and demand what is rightfully ours. You're all doing big things separately, when will you put aside the badmind, crab in barrels, I'm booked and busy and you're not so I don't care mentality and FIGHT as a UNIT for the accolades we deserve? Dont tell me getting 5 minutes on the BET AWARDS or a feature on some American Artiste album is ENOUGH? At the end of the tours, concerts etc.where are the Internationally recognized accolades rewarding your best effort? The Government, and the Marley boys as Internationally recognized as they are have a voice that they don't use to assist Reggae/Dancehall except for their own family's personal gain. Wake up Jamaica. ? like this is UNACCEPTABLE! ? what Billboard says, ain't no Reggae Artiste more deserving than a Jamaican doing authentic Reggae music!"
    So sez the warlord
    Bounty-Killer-legend.jpg

pretty hilarious. seeing how thats coming from a ? who did this

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wt1YkGO2Ieo
  • zzombie
    Options
    Ounceman wrote: »
    Bounty killa speaks
    So sez the warlord
    Bounty-Killer-legend.jpg

Your reading comprehension is terrible. He has no problem with doing collaborations. That has nothing to do with what he wrote
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bounty killa speaks
    So sez the warlord
    Bounty-Killer-legend.jpg

Your reading comprehension is terrible. He has no problem with doing collaborations. That has nothing to do with what he wrote

True, but I'm not really sure what he's asking the Jamaican Government and the Marley Boys to do. They make their music, they go on tours, they promote Jamaica and Reggae as an artform. What more would he like?
  • zzombie
    Options
    Bounty killa speaks
    So sez the warlord
    Bounty-Killer-legend.jpg

True, but I'm not really sure what he's asking the Jamaican Government and the Marley Boys to do. They make their music, they go on tours, they promote Jamaica and Reggae as an artform. What more would he like?

Basically he wants the government to promote Jamaican music and culture more. Jamaican artists do that but they do so selfishly.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Black people should worry about our own award ceremonies. The only thing white accolades are good for is business in a white market. Beyond that, ? is superficial and tacky. Their just waiting for someone white and better than you (or good enough) to come along that they can pedestal. It's happening with Adele, it happened with Eminem, many more, and now this Joss Stone.
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Bounty killa speaks
    So sez the warlord
    Bounty-Killer-legend.jpg

Didnt you say you dont listen to reggae? Sit this one out fam
  • gns
    gns Members Posts: 21,285 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bounty killa speaks
    So sez the warlord
    Bounty-Killer-legend.jpg

Jamaican government has been against reggae/dancehall since day one.
    Theyve made efforts to shut down artistes and promote american or even trini music instead of reggae because they feel its "ghetto people" music
    Up to this year they have enforced curfews on shows
    Censorship laws
    And jamaican artistes get banned all the time from performing in other countries especially in the caribbean even though our music is the most listened to in the region.
    ? aint sweet
  • StillFaggyAF
    Options
    Theres a long history of Jamaican governmenr/elites/people preferring foreign things vs things that come from Jamaica
  • A$AP_A$TON
    A$AP_A$TON Members Posts: 11,691 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Joss is dope tho
  • rapmusic
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    Black people should worry about our own award ceremonies. The only thing white accolades are good for is business in a white market. Beyond that, ? is superficial and tacky. Their just waiting for someone white and better than you (or good enough) to come along that they can pedestal. It's happening with Adele, it happened with Eminem, many more, and now this Joss Stone.
    True, but if we support good black artists that wouldn't be a problem. There have been dope white artists doing other genres for years but we were buying black music too so it was all good. You can't even make me understand how the baddest white singer out now can sell 3 mill in one weekend, but the baddest black singers can't move 200,000. And don't give me that"the media" ? either. This ? can easily be swayed. Buy ? music! Quit downloading it!
  • The Lonious Monk
    The Lonious Monk Members Posts: 26,258 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    Bounty killa speaks
    So sez the warlord
    Bounty-Killer-legend.jpg

Didnt you say you dont listen to reggae? Sit this one out fam

No I didn't say that. I said I don't know enough about the genre to say whether her album was the best or not. I like Reggae. I listen to some, but I ain't an expert on it and I'm not ingrained in the culture. Which is why I asked the question.

Ya'll ? being some hoes about this, acting like you have to be Bob Marley resurrected to comment in this topic.