The Official Boxing Thread

Options

Comments

• Dupac
    Dupac Members, Writer Posts: 68,365 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    mdot wrote: »
    It might not have been Arum's call. Maybe Manny had the real final say on his "last fight". I'm sure he wanted Crawford to get that shot.

Pardon me I had to laugh at that
  • Dupac
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    It might not have been Arum's call. Maybe Manny had the real final say on his "last fight". I'm sure he wanted Crawford to get that shot.

naw Manny aint too bright he fight whoever Arum says... the fact they had a list of potential opponents and it took so long tells me Arum had to convince Manny. How the ? u dont fight Khan in the uk IN A HUGE PPV winnable fight? and instead choose Bradley? just ?

I was with you till the bolded....
    King Khan put them paws on Manny knockmeoutio
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    Well with the next cash cow leaving looks like all these guys gotta start fighting each other no more chasing the lottery tickets word to khan
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They talking about Crawford vs Herrera next. Idk how I feel about that. That might be too light
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    DWO wrote: »

naw Manny aint too bright he fight whoever Arum says... the fact they had a list of potential opponents and it took so long tells me Arum had to convince Manny. How the ? u dont fight Khan in the uk IN A HUGE PPV winnable fight? and instead choose Bradley? just ?

Naw that chin plus wild straight left equal bambi flops
  • aneed123
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »
    They talking about Crawford vs Herrera next. Idk how I feel about that. That might be too light

? ass career stagnant fight. It doesn't do nothing for Crawford or his career. Make a unification with postal. Arum bullshittin
  • Dupac
    Options

I see Manny on the outside getting caught by dossier Superior hand speed all night...
  • aneed123
    Options

I see Manny on the outside getting caught by dossier Superior hand speed all night...

Timing beats speed....Khan was faster than Garcia and Prescott and Pete ... When he punches he pulls straight back getting hit or he bumrushes to try and hold.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Only I disagree is the Ward ? as far as him being mistreated

From the outside, Ward ain't got his business ? straight

Who you gon blame for the layoff and then coming back against a fighter so unrecognizable, HBO wouldn't fit the bill

And then his fights ain't entertaining enough to pay just to have him on

• d.green
    d.green Members Posts: 12,051 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options
    So Manny fighting Bradley for the 3rd time?

SMH
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    layoff and then coming back against a fighter so unrecognizable, HBO wouldn't fit the bill

@ the bolded... 'foot'

That is all.
  • R.D.
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    R.D. wrote: »
    layoff and then coming back against a fighter so unrecognizable, HBO wouldn't fit the bill

@ the bolded... 'foot'

That is all.

Put up your dukes og
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nothing against Conor McGregor, (and yes 2 different sports), but when he follows the footsteps of say Floyd in terms of giving you full view of his winnings and wealth, the people say he is so damn good, so damn cool "What a guy!!"... Floyd paved the way for all that... and they still ? on him, then, throughout his reign, and now.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    also Floyd spoke on him not promoting and giving his black fighters the big fights.... how u dont make Riggy or Walters vs Loma or Crawford v Postol or vs Manny? With Manny on his way out this is the way to build u ur next star and u have a p4 guy right there but u dont do it.... but let a Rican or Mexican be that good.... Love how he spoke on how Ward is being treated....

same reason floyd didnt fight all but 1 black fighter during his entire showtime deal.
    im sure the numerous black welters would have loved to become millionaires at the time.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    KLICHE wrote: »
    Nothing against Conor McGregor, (and yes 2 different sports), but when he follows the footsteps of say Floyd in terms of giving you full view of his winnings and wealth, the people say he is so damn good, so damn cool "What a guy!!"... Floyd paved the way for all that... and they still ? on him, then, throughout his reign, and now.

lol so johnson doing that decades before is ignored?
  • aneed123
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    also Floyd spoke on him not promoting and giving his black fighters the big fights.... how u dont make Riggy or Walters vs Loma or Crawford v Postol or vs Manny? With Manny on his way out this is the way to build u ur next star and u have a p4 guy right there but u dont do it.... but let a Rican or Mexican be that good.... Love how he spoke on how Ward is being treated....

same reason floyd didnt fight all but 1 black fighter during his entire showtime deal.
    im sure the numerous black welters would have loved to become millionaires at the time.

Stop it he fought Mosley Corley Augustus shamba zab ndou Diego all ? before that. Then he gave Berro a shot and payday when the whole world was bitchn...
  • aneed123
    Options
    Nycest u always be dat contrary ? I swear lol
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »
    KLICHE wrote: »

lol so johnson doing that decades before is ignored?

Yep
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options

He basically all but made the Crawford vs Manny fight the week of the Jean fight. And the HBO crew hyped up the fight the whole broadcast.

Then he came out and said it was Manny's decision and that he would announce the decision on TruTv. Then that passed and Manny finally just now came out and made his choice.

And since the Khan fight is so huge why didn't Floyd go ahead and fight him? No one gives a ? about fighting Khan is what it seems like to me. And they barely could come together and make Mayweather vs Pacquiao so the Khan fight was probably never gonna happen.
  • R.D.
    Options
    Arum is like the biggest ?

"Crawford wasn't as marketable as Bradley" ...well who the ? job is it to make him marketable
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

@Mastery come get your boy Brook he's still trying to make some more ? fights lol.
  • Dupac
    Options

@Mastery come get your boy Brook he's still trying to make some more ? fights lol.

He need a soft touch before fighting the fastest hands in the business

Boxer-Amir-Khan-Punches-Bottle-in-the-Air.gif
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited December 2015
    Options

@mdot

Smmfh. ? wasting his talent on ? mandatory's yo. I'm going to start calling this ? UK Manny Pacquiao if he don't start taking control of his career and if he is well then he acting like a scared ? yo. Loaded welterweight division and he fighting mandatory's haha

? was supposed to continue forward after he beat Porter, not backwards.

In other words:

qP0EiWJ.jpg