The Official Fox Comicbook Cinematic Universe Thread - Coming Soon (Deadpool 2 June 2018)

Options

Comments

• soul rattler
    soul rattler Members Posts: 18,852 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bruh why you still obsessing over that ONE picture? LOL
  • king mocha
    king mocha Members Posts: 1,348 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Would have been a good Apocalypse to meThe-Great-Khali-the-great-khali-21835619-456-352_zpsyiiuojoj.jpg
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Olivia munn so damn fine

Aaron Rodgers won
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    CJ wrote: »
    Olivia munn so damn fine

Aaron Rodgers won

Used to watch the Newsroom strictly for her
  • Peace_79
    Peace_79 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 8,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    This ? is funny and all, but y'all can't be serious...

Literal physical characteristics of CARTOONS or comics obviously don't translate well to live action movies.

It behooves artistic directors to use some tact and forethought in their design choices.

Should Hugh Jackman have shoved his hair into the pointy ears of a costume?

Should Jean Grey rock a nude and blue colored body suit with her hair flowing out the top?

Should Sabertooth have been depicted as the albino strongest man in the world on steroids, in a body suit with a mane growing from his shoulders, arm pits, and side burns?

The physical appearance of Acocalypse is even more over the top...

It sounds like Singer understands that pulling of a picture-perfect representation of Apcalypse from the comics was a lost cause ... Making casting choices based on that direction would have been futile.

My guess is Singer is trying to bring out the intellect and cunning attributes of the character ... Intimidation can be coveyed with the host of mutant powers at his disposal.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Peace_79 wrote: »

Literal physical characteristics of CARTOONS or comics obviously don't translate well to live action movies.

It behooves artistic directors to use some tact and forethought in their design choices.

• Should Hugh Jackman have shoved his hair into he pointy ears of a costume?
    • Should Jean Grey rock a nude and blue colored body suit with her hair flowing out the top?
    • Should Sabertooth have been depicted as the albino strongest man in the world on steroids, in a body suit with a mane growing from his shoulders, arm pits, and side burns?

It sounds like Singer understands that pulling of a picture-perfect representation of Apcalypse from the comics was a lost cause ... Making casting choices based on that direction would have been futile.

My guess is Singer is trying to bring out the intellect and cunning attributes of the character ... Intimidation can be coveyed with the host of mutant powers at his disposal.

Ok but all of that aside, do you think his interpretation of Apocalypse looks good?
  • BangEm_Bart
    BangEm_Bart Members Posts: 9,503 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I get your point and I disagree. First class is the only movie that went as close to the books with looks. The old Magneto and Apocalypse look horrible. Not even close nor rendered anything near the comics. In the age of Apocalypse, Professor X is killed by legion and Magneto has a son with Rogue. Magneto looks to be about Liam Neeson's age at most, not 90 years old.

Apocalypse is an ancient biological, mechanical weapon of war from Egypt. He has very little human element and he's not a Puerto Rican with a soft voice. He can shapeshift any part of himself into a nuclear weapon being that he's 90% mechanical and grow any size. Marvel hit the nail on the head with Thanos and FOX is looking Larry Holmes in the visual department with everything.

My only complaint with wolverine was the height and/or age. Wolverine is shorter than most of them, even so, the ? that played Rorschact on watchmen could've easily pulled it off with make up effects. He's a cranky old slow aging man. They should've shown the X Men tearing the sentinels up. Wolverine should've been decapitating them instead of hiding in a shelter with black tights on trying to go in the past to prevent a midget from revamping them.

If they ever wanted to do X-Men right, just compare it to the civil rights movement and modernize it like Stan Lee did. You would see a lot more character traits and great story. A small rivalry between Wolverine, Cyclops & Gambit. Professor X & Magneto as civil rights leaders with opposing views. Internal family rivalries but most of them are family related. Gambit being Scott's half brother. Xavier and Cain Marko etc, etc, etc.
  • Peace_79
    edited January 2016
    Options

• Should Jean Grey rock a nude and blue colored body suit with her hair flowing out the top?
    • Should Sabertooth have been depicted as the albino strongest man in the world on steroids, in a body suit with a mane growing from his shoulders, arm pits, and side burns?

Ok but all of that aside, do you think his interpretation of Apocalypse looks good?

Not as much of a fan of his look in the stills released, but that isn't unprecedented.

Honestly, his portrayal in the trailer was pretty decent to me... Withholding cartoonish expectations and being open to their interpretation.

Y'all are underestimating acting prowess, scripting, and context IMO.

Let's see how it plays out ...
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    I'm saying the whole concept and structure is reinterpreted so far from the canon that it's its own story. The look, the story, nothing is anywhere not even 10% close to the comics. It's good to ppl that like plain superhero flicks and don't read comics or never seen the x men series on FOX but it's an entirely different story. I look back and laugh at the old x men movies because wolverine and rogue look stupid and funny. Tyler Mane's sabertooth looks like a roided out ? . Magneto old as ? . Cyclops has no depth in character nor looks like a leader, Jean is ugly as ? and mystique running around naked kicking ? in the faces just makes me laugh.

Zack Snyder and Kevin Feige have done exceptionally well at superhero flicks. Bryan Singer has a history of ? up comic book flicks and creating new characters/story plots. Check out superman returns. Kal El never had a kid.
  • BangEm_Bart
    Options
    It's not about being cartoonish, it's about directors not relating to the source and straight jacking ? . Check out Kevin Smith's first documentary. He explained how the producers wanted to put giant spiders in superman and make his costume all black and weird then look at what Bryan Singer did with superman and X-Men. He has no input nor reads comics. The producers are milking this franchise for money, not fans.
  • Peace_79
    edited January 2016
    Options

Apocalypse is an ancient biological, mechanical weapon of war from Egypt. He has very little human element and he's not a Puerto Rican with a soft voice. He can shapeshift any part of himself into a nuclear weapon being that he's 90% mechanical and grow any size. Marvel hit the nail on the head with Thanos and FOX is looking Larry Holmes in the visual department with everything.

I can respect this opinion. I agree about Thanos - he looks phenomenal, cinematically.

Here's the thing tho... Think of the dichotomy of storylines.

The role of Apocalypse in this film will necessitate a lot of on screen time and personification. He will be seen talking to, mentoring and interacting with a host of "human looking" characters in a very human world...

Juxtapose that with Thanos who is barely seen and interacts with very alien-looking, grandiose, characters in outer space...
    • The character of Thanos will not need to act...
    • Hulk in Hulk form does not need to act...
    • Notice how Beast can retain human form in these movies... That is so he can act...

They are making an action movie based on the comics, not a pure comicbook adaptation ...

• Peace_79
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I'm saying the whole concept and structure is reinterpreted so far from the canon that it's its own story. The look, the story, nothing is anywhere not even 10% close to the comics. It's good to ppl that like plain superhero flicks and don't read comics or never seen the x men series on FOX but it's an entirely different story. I look back and laugh at the old x men movies because wolverine and rogue look stupid and funny. Tyler Mane's sabertooth looks like a roided out ? . Magneto old as ? . Cyclops has no depth in character nor looks like a leader, Jean is ugly as ? and mystique running around naked kicking ? in the faces just makes me laugh.

Zack Snyder and Kevin Feige have done exceptionally well at superhero flicks. Bryan Singer has a history of ? up comic book flicks and creating new characters/story plots. Check out superman returns. Kal El never had a kid.

This is fair ...

I have very big complaints about many characters and storylines from the previous X-men films, especially Rogue in general and the character development of several others. Most of what you said here is valid (but Sabertooth was done well IMO)

I liked First Class and DOFP, tho.

It just sounds like you expect a Thanos type depiction of every character in the X-men universe. That just doesent seem plausible...

The X-men have always been the most human of the Marvel superheroes - human issues, human story arcs, human appearances. They have to look somewhat believable ...

The bastadization of characters and storylines is a seperate issue, IMO. Thy could have kept things closer to the comics without having them look exactly like characters from the comics ... They just chose not too

• Peace_79
    Options
    This is probably blasphemy to ask...

But I am assuming that Deadpool won't be using a teleportation device in this movie?

Is that accurate?
  • Peace_79
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Apparently the other chick in the trailer is named Angel Dust ... She can conjure increased adrenalin for a spell; superhuman strength to the tune of 20 Tons, speed etc.

Screen-Shot-2015-07-11-at-4.27.17-PM.png
    tumblr_nzwrfxLnfp1r5rk9to1_500.gif

I can definitely dig the casting choice;
    Gina Carano...

Screen-Shot-2015-07-11-at-4.34.49-PM.png
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Deadpool looks like the first good fox marvel film.
  • PILL_COSBY
    PILL_COSBY Members Posts: 6,374 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

................. ...... .....You know who would have made a G.O.A.T apocalypse? An actor who was on this show called stargate SG1
    tealc2auto.jpg
    I bet marvel would have used him..............
    stargate-sg1-s10-christopher-judge-2-dvdbash-wordpress.jpg?w=768

But noooooooooooooooo, lets get the crazy ass vampire from true blood who ? tara
    oscar-isaac-cannes-20may13-07.jpg
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Not as much of a fan of his look in the stills released, but that isn't unprecedented.

Honestly, his portrayal in the trailer was pretty decent to me... Withholding cartoonish expectations and being open to their interpretation.

Y'all are underestimating acting prowess, scripting, and context IMO.

Let's see how it plays out ...

Hmph fair enough.

• soul rattler
    Options
    The ? ?

But when I say the same ? , "Soul rattler is caping for Fox"
  • MorganFreemanKing
    MorganFreemanKing Members Posts: 4,282 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

................. ...... .....You know who would have made a G.O.A.T apocalypse? An actor who was on this show called stargate SG1
    tealc2auto.jpg
    I bet marvel would have used him..............
    stargate-sg1-s10-christopher-judge-2-dvdbash-wordpress.jpg?w=768

But noooooooooooooooo, lets get the crazy ass vampire from true blood who ? tara
    oscar-isaac-cannes-20may13-07.jpg

Muthafuckin D-MOB!

got the voice for it too!

latest?cb=20140924223553
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i cant wait for the articles from the white mothers who took their kids to see Deadpool not knowing what the movie was about then get offended

i'll never forget when i went and saw The Watchmen in the theaters then reading articles online about mothers who were appalled they showed Mr. Manhattan's blue ? and wanted to boycott the movie

im like "did you even see the rating the movie had?".

these are the same mothers i've seen in gamestop just let little Billy get Call of Duty b/c all their friends are playing it...smh
  • 1CK1S
    1CK1S Members Posts: 27,471 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ‘Legion’: FX Marvel Pilot Casts ‘Fargo’s Rachel Keller As Female Lead

rachelkeller.png?w=446&h=299&crop=1

One big break leads to another. I have learned that Fargo Season 2 standout Rachel Keller has been cast as the female lead in Legion, FX’s X-Men-universe pilot from Fargo creator Noah Hawley, Bryan Singer, Marvel TV and FX Prods. The 23-year-old Keller, who landed her first major role as femme fatale Simone Gerhardt in Fargo, was a breakout and a fan favorite. I hear she also impressed Hawley and FX brass who moved on to cast her in her first leading role. As with any other Marvel project, FX, Marvel TV and talent reps would not comment.

legion.jpg?w=341&h=192

Legion introduces the story of David Haller, based on the Marvel comics character Legion, the son of X-Men founder Charles Xavier. Since he was a teenager, David has struggled with mental illness. Diagnosed as schizophrenic, David has been in and out of psychiatric hospitals for years. But after a strange encounter with a fellow patient, he’s confronted with the possibility that the voices he hears and the visions he sees might be real. Keller will play the female lead, a scrappy, optimistic woman in her 20s. Details about her potential powers are unclear. There has been chatter about them possibly being tied to human touch, drawing parallels to such X-Men universe characters as Rogue and Spyke.

Hawley wrote the pilot and serves as an executive producer with the film franchise’s director/producer Singer, producer Lauren Shuler Donner, writer/producer Simon Kinberg as well as Marvel TV’s Jeph Loeb and Jim Chory, John Cameron and Steve Blackman.
  • soul rattler
    Options
    I'm not holding my breath on this one. I'll watch the pilot though.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Not familiar with legion. Will always give a comicbook show a chance though. Except supergirl, havent given that a chance yet.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Cain wrote: »
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Not familiar with legion. Will always give a comicbook show a chance though. Except supergirl, havent given that a chance yet.

He's one of the most powerful mutant's. He has split personalities that number up two the thousands that are all separate mutants. Professor X has two son's Legion and Proteus who are both reality warpers and powerful.

whaaaaat?!

and all of these personalities have a different power?