Aimin at these ? ' maniacs put my name in raps

Options

Comments

• Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    edited January 2016
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Well he had to address Hit Em Up. Even with Pac dead, he still had to say something.
    "If faith had twins, she'd prolly have two pacs, get it tu-pacs?"

Dude already did respond and ethered himself in the process.

Didn't really release a Diss until pac was dead.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The song was released in 1997 doesnt mean it was recorded in 1997. Also more than just 2Pac was dissing Big on record. Ghostface and Raekwon dissed him too
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Man if i was in big shoes I'd be like ? pac he had it coming, plus if big had died 1st you think pac would've been sympathetic ???? Nope they should've put pac name in that ? . No respect when he was alive none when he's dead
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    The song was released in 1997 doesnt mean it was recorded in 1997. Also more than just 2Pac was dissing Big on record. Ghostface and Raekwon dissed him too

took two pages for this....

yea y'all ? really that dumb out here.
  • Nah Son
    Nah Son Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 9,367 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options

Look whos calling people dumb while being wrong lol

Biggie is rapping about the accident with Cease which happened after Pac died. Plus all the references are too ? obvious, aint even a debate if the song is a Pac diss

"Slugs missed ya I aint mad at cha" So I aint mad at cha is a Wu Tang song now?
    "Maniacs put my name in raps" Ghost and Rae did Hit Em Up right?
    "Now you rest eternally, sleepy"
    "Rest where the worms and the weak be" Which dead rival could Big be talking to here? Hmmm

Smarten up
  • Roster Player #99
    Roster Player #99 Members Posts: 4,237 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Nah Son wrote: »

Look whos calling people dumb while being wrong lol

Biggie is rapping about the accident with Cease which happened after Pac died. Plus all the references are too ? obvious, aint even a debate if the song is a Pac diss

"Slugs missed ya I aint mad at cha" So I aint mad at cha is a Wu Tang song now?
    "Maniacs put my name in raps" Ghost and Rae did Hit Em Up right?
    "Now you rest eternally, sleepy"
    "Rest where the worms and the weak be" Which dead rival could Big be talking to here? Hmmm

Smarten up

these the lines you try and break down for me?

I'll ABC this ? for you.

The song was about numerous BIG foes...albeit, this some of this wasn't recorded after Pac died.

lol all you want lil ? , I'll almanac the ? outta your ? ? dogmatic rhetoric
  • Javon803
    Javon803 Members Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Options
    qawshun wrote: »
    Man if i was in big shoes I'd be like ? pac he had it coming, plus if big had died 1st you think pac would've been sympathetic ???? Nope they should've put pac name in that ? . No respect when he was alive none when he's dead

Coward ? ? if it's ? me while I'm alive then say that ? don't wait till he dies to say it say it so he can go head up with you don't be a scared hoe about it
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Great song just sad he wouldnt talk ? while Pac was alive

"? talk alot of ? , but that's after I'm gone, cuz they fear me in the spiritual form"

*physical form

Lmaoo what the ? was I on. Must've been tired. Spiritual? Smh
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    I agree with Nah Son

Hit em up was released on June 4th, 96'.

And two days before Biggie died, he was on sway rapping long kiss. Which would make that March 7th, 97'

Which indeed means that he took a year to respond AND spit it after his death. Everybody from Cease and Sway was looking at him crazy for talking about a dead man like that.

Y'all lucky I'm on my phone. I could write titangraphs to as why Biggie Was a coward.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Nah Son

And two days before Biggie died, he was on sway rapping long kiss. Which would make that March 7th, 97'

Which indeed means that he took a year to respond AND spit it after his death. Everybody from Cease and Sway was looking at him crazy for talking about a dead man like that.

Y'all lucky I'm on my phone. I could write titangraphs to as why Biggie Was a coward.

How is March 97 a year after June 96?
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I agree with Nah Son

Social media wasn't as fast as it is now. The Source used to come out once a month and thats how most people got their Hip Hop news. Waiting six months to respond to a diss wasn't unusual back then.

Nowadays with Instagram and Twitter a beef gets started and ended within a week. I remember when Snoop was dissing Iggy Azeala, T.I. called him up the same day and they squashed it.
  • bless the child
    bless the child Members Posts: 5,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since the day I sign up here this song has been posted atleast one time each year.

Makes u think its just some young boy or white dude just discovering the song right?
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    RZA's bizzaro dope instrumental + Biggie's ripple flow= classic track.

I don't know how I never knew RZA produced this until now. Now that I know it's obviously classic RZA
  • BobOblah
    BobOblah Members Posts: 9,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    illedout wrote: »
    Maaaaaaaaan..
    I been listening to BIG a lot lately,
    he slowly turning into my favorite rapper..

I'm ready for Nas to drop some new ? though..

Yea I been on a BIG kick lately
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    I agree with Nah Son

How is March 97 a year after June 96?

Hit em up was basically in in may. So that's 10 months apart. Which is basically a year.

? do anything to protect Biggie.

"Kendricks 2015 album was kinda good bruh"

IC: " that ? dropped in March. How was that last year???!"
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Javon803 wrote: »
    qawshun wrote: »

Coward ? ? if it's ? me while I'm alive then say that ? don't wait till he dies to say it say it so he can go head up with you don't be a scared hoe about it

I agree he should've said it while pac was alive to but still if people were cool with that line on Brooklyn's finest then their shouldn't be a problem with this
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Last 3 songs on that album all going hard at pac and Suge.

To be honest . A lot of that was directed at Suge.

He received the message ..

Sent puff one back with Biggies death.

Them record execs heat them albums early.

• macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    "You bleeding lovely with your spirit above me. Or beneath me your whole life you live sneaky now you rest eternally sleepy"

When he said 'Rest where the worms AND THE WEAK BE' that line is cold and ill smh
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Classic song but dissing a dead man was a ? move to me

Pac the reason Big is dead, so ? that.
  • Javon803
    Javon803 Members Posts: 113 ✭✭
    Options
    Classic song but dissing a dead man was a ? move to me

Pac the reason Big is dead, so ? that.

? out of here with that bs
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I aint like that
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    An i dislike the beat equally
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    Well he had to address Hit Em Up. Even with Pac dead, he still had to say something.

Whether or not he handled it properly is subject for debate but I can't see how he could have made a double album and not addressed the whole East vs West beef, even if it was just 2Pac.

Also, he made Goin Back To Cali to try to calm things down. I give him props for that song, it might not have been executed perfectly and I could have done without the skit before the song but at least he tried to make peace with the West Coast.

I heard Snoop was in the studio when he was making Life After Death. If there was a song with Snoop on Life After Death that would have been dope.

Never agreed with that ? being labeled an east vs west beef. IMO larger sections of both coasts never picked a side in the issue.