• af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • af.r.i.c.a.
    af.r.i.c.a. Members Posts: 9,338 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Ghost wrote: »
    Nick Cannon is so ? corny to me...

He was the worst possible choice to play any kind of goon or gangster.

Thats like hiring Jack Black to play Charlie Manson.

Or Jonah Hill to play Malcolm X
  • Already Home_17
    Already Home_17 Members Posts: 14,572 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    A Ghost wrote: »
    Nick Cannon is so ? corny to me...

He was the worst possible choice to play any kind of goon or gangster.

Thats like hiring Jack Black to play Charlie Manson.

most them ? are corny too
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nick Cannon wasn't so bad
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Anyone watch the dvd scr?
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    Not supporting this. I'm pretty sure Spike doesn't want me to

Far too serious a issue to play with it like that

Like Django?

Refused to pay to see this as well...watched it once on tv to know what it was

Never tempted to watch again...it was as corny and ? and tired as expected
  • Snatch Some Collars
    Snatch Some Collars Members Posts: 213 ✭✭
    Options
    Anyone watch the dvd scr?

got it a few days ago. Wasn't that bad of a movie except for the rhyming. Nick Cannon did a better job than I thought he would.
    this is a Spike Lee movie tho and that ? movies be on some other ? sometimes. ? reminded me of Clockers but not as good. And I don't really think Clockers is that good either but it's more entertaining than this.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Damn they gone rhyme thru the whole movie?
  • atribecalledgabi
    atribecalledgabi Members, Moderators Posts: 14,063 Regulator
    Options
    it was a lil drawn out i liked it. for a new spike movie it was surprisingly coherent lol.

i'm now convinced all the hate came from people that didn't see the movie. cuz it didn't make light of chicago, it didn't paint citizens in a bad light, it wasn't some cooning "what about black on black crime" response to what caused the economic conditions that created the violence...

good movie to me *shrug*
  • R.D.
    Options
    People don't have to see the movie...if it wasn't going to go in depth with Chicago, he should've called it something else

I think that's only valid and fair criticism...now it just look like he rode the wave and used the name for publicity

Besides that I'm not watching it cause y'all said red hook summer was good and that thing was cheeks

Tyler Perry>>>>>Spike

Yeah I said it
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options
    People don't have to see the movie...if it wasn't going to go in depth with Chicago, he should've called it something else

I think that's only valid and fair criticism...now it just look like he rode the wave and used the name for publicity

Besides that I'm not watching it cause y'all said red hook summer was good and that thing was cheeks

Tyler Perry>>>>>Spike

Yeah I said it

than it makes any "passionate" opinion against the movie invalid
  • R.D.
    Options

Tyler Perry>>>>>Spike

Yeah I said it

Reading is fundamental

It irk the ? out of me when y'all ? do that ? nitpicking ?

Read the post, I explained...if he calls it something else, no one could say ? but don't exploit their situation

if the city don't support and feel like it did justice then he failed and he exploited that situation and I won't watch

He can create whatever he want but it's a respectful way to do ? ...respect seem to be foreign these days
  • atribecalledgabi
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You didnt see the movie. You dont know whether it went in depth or not. The movie clearly explained how the powers that be made chicago what it is on more than one occasion. It also talked about the gang wars that been going on for decades. Nothing was disrespectful about it and anyone claiming so obviously didn't watch the movie.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Tyler Perry>>>>>Spike

Yeah I said it

^^ no need to argue with this guy. Save your words..
  • R.D.
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »

Tyler Perry>>>>>Spike

Yeah I said it

^^ no need to argue with this guy. Save your words..

Oh no, no one can have a different opinion, ? him

Eat a ? ? :)
  • R.D.
    Options
    You didnt see the movie. You dont know whether it went in depth or not. The movie clearly explained how the powers that be made chicago what it is on more than one occasion. It also talked about the gang wars that been going on for decades. Nothing was disrespectful about it and anyone claiming so obviously didn't watch the movie.

If Chicago don't feel it represented them correctly, then it didn't and I'm not supporting it

I don't care what you feel about the movie

So agree to disagree
  • Beta
    Beta Members Posts: 65,596 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I got bored about an hr through.....just nothing was happening qulck enough
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options

If Chicago don't feel it represented them correctly, then it didn't and I'm not supporting it

I don't care what you feel about the movie

So agree to disagree

Where did all of chicago say that tho? All i seen was people reacting to the trailer and a few rappers talking bout it shoulda been a documentary lol
  • IceBergTaylor
    Options

Tyler Perry>>>>>Spike

Yeah I said it

Reading is fundamental

It irk the ? out of me when y'all ? do that ? nitpicking ?

Read the post, I explained...if he calls it something else, no one could say ? but don't exploit their situation

if the city don't support and feel like it did justice then he failed and he exploited that situation and I won't watch

He can create whatever he want but it's a respectful way to do ? ...respect seem to be foreign these days

You didnt see the movie.
    And anybody with the same gripe, who didnt see the movie.
    The opinion is invalid.

IF all you have is "well he shouldnt have named the movie such and such" its a boring argument to have. Obviously the title is to grab your attention. Period. He didnt exploit anything. Furthermore this ? isnt even playing nationwide, this wasnt a money grab.
  • cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This movie is racist
  • R.D.
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Yeah I was wrong...this movie is great...I didn't realize it's bigger than Chicago...it's bigger than any city, state

Not a bad concept at all
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    We tried to watch it, but we wasn't feeling the format of the movie. All the rhyming and ? was too corny. After Jennifer Hudsons scene we cut that ? off and started watching Creed instead.
  • atribecalledgabi
    Options
    kzzl wrote: »
    We tried to watch it, but we wasn't feeling the format of the movie. All the rhyming and ? was too corny. After Jennifer Hudsons scene we cut that ? off and started watching Creed instead.

I thought i wouldn't like the rhyming when i heard about it, but it was cool to me. Some of it was corny, but sam jackson made up for it
  • mike06
    mike06 Members Posts: 2,651 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    saw it last night and it was pretty damn good to me....Spike did a good job and i can see why there was initial backlash with the name but you have to actually watch the movie to get where Spike was coming from....Nick was cool.....idk who else people really expected to play his role but i damn sure wouldn't have wanted Kanye West to play Chiraq(who was rumored to have the part but didn't like the script).

the main chick was bad as ? ...and Angela Angela Angela....she made my ? jump when she cussed out ole boy...lmaooooo

i mad every hatin on Cannon but no one is talkin ? about Wesley's performance....he was funny but also a tad wack IMO