2»

Comments

• rapmusic
    rapmusic Members Posts: 4,130 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Grand Puba 2000

I found the cd in the flea market for like 50 cents about maybe 3 years ago. I still listen to that album on the regular. I liked Puba a lot back in the day but I had never payed too much attention to any of his solos. Man 2000 is cold from front to back!

@rapmusic

Is that the Album with the song "Issues"? That song is hype, got it in the ipod, it should of blew up.
    Naw that's not on it but you're making me want to go find that one now lol.
  • rapmusic
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    This thread is mad funny cause I guarantee 99% of us(myself included) dont go back and listen to albums that came out 10+ years ago outside of our fav joints. I own Streets Disciple and BP 2, cant tell u last time I heard either one of them lol
    I do. A lot of us who moved on to bluetooth and plugging flash drives in the car to listen to music can easily find ourselves digging through old cds and finding one just to losten to a favorite song. You end up letting the cd ride and end up loving the whole album. It's possible.
  • THE_R_
    THE_R_ Members Posts: 3,444 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    GRAND PUBA 2000 IS AN EXCELLENT ALBUM...
    ADMITTINGLY, I DIDN'T CHECK THAT ALBUM OUT UNTIL "LATER IN LIFE"...
    FOUND IT FOR LIKE $2 IN A USED BIN @ A MOM & POPS JOINT..
  • jim1000
    jim1000 Members Posts: 198 ✭✭
    Options
    Streets Disciple is criminally hated on. TBH the first disc is a classic itself. Every song on that first disc was fire with Reason and Live Now being my favorites.
  • grYmes
    grYmes Members Posts: 2,350 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wasn't a big fan of Thug Motivation 101 when it came out, now I consider it a great album.
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Since it's almost 2016.. Hell Hath No Fury is still cold as ? .
  • lethal5
    lethal5 Members Posts: 1,889 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wasnt feelin The Truth as much as everyone at first, but The B Coming had me hooked, so now im a fiend for Beanie entire catalog.
  • kuskklassic
    kuskklassic Members Posts: 1,006 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    And Then There Was...X - DMX

dope...DMX went on a 3-peat with his first three albums
  • rapmusic
    Options
    jim1000 wrote: »
    Streets Disciple is criminally hated on. TBH the first disc is a classic itself. Every song on that first disc was fire with Reason and Live Now being my favorites.
    this
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lethal5 wrote: »
    Stew wrote: »
    luke1733 wrote: »
    Tical Judgment day did that to me. Hated it when it first came out and then years later listened to it again for no reason and loved it.
    Cee-Lo's first album did the same thing. Cee-Lo's Imperfect Imperfections. I remember alot of people down here in ATL loved it, but I thought it was just cause sometime people want to like something so bad just bc it represents them in a way that they make themselves like music that sounds like trash. Years later I heard it again and thought that ? was way ahead of its time. Miss him rapping like that while singing. Now, it's just........I can't say really what the hell he's doing.
    On another note: You can also reverse the thread. What albums did you think were great and 10 years later realized they were bad or worse than you thought.
    American Gangster from Jay-Z was like that for me. Solid album still, but when it came out I thought it was better than the Black Album. Later I had to take it down a peg

I thought AG was better than The Black Album from the jump.

dam homie ag suck big time tha blk album 10x better then ag

U gotta re-vist AG and take it in, its probably one of his best.

I always hated it then & still hate it now
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I still listen to "The Minstrel Show'' and "Welcome to Detroit" by J Dilla
  • moyo
    moyo Members Posts: 1,766 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mil Ticket AG-2-A Ke
    Blueprint

Mil ticket is my ? !!! I can't believe you weren't feeling that joint off the rip. That's steadily been in my collection since high school. Copped it again off Amazon a couple years ago.
  • king hassan
    king hassan Members Posts: 22,739 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rapmusic wrote: »
    Grand Puba 2000

I found the cd in the flea market for like 50 cents about maybe 3 years ago. I still listen to that album on the regular. I liked Puba a lot back in the day but I had never payed too much attention to any of his solos. Man 2000 is cold from front to back!

that album was nice, I still have the cassette tape
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    None. When I sit with an album, I remove everyone else's opinion and just focus on the music. Meaning my opinion on it rarely changes over time.
  • jazzybella
    jazzybella Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 4,904 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options