Serious Question; How Do You Listen To Music?

Options
5 Grand
5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
I could have made this a poll, but I know for me there's more than one answer.

I know people have iPod docks and/or USB ports in their cars.

Other people still use CDs and CD-Rs in their cars.

But how do you listen to music at home? Do you have an iPod/phone dock that you hook up to a sound system or do you listen to music from another source?

@ Busta Charmichael tried to clown me because I suggested he burn a CD-R and listen to it. I have iTunes on my iMac but my iMac is in my office. If I want to listen to music in my living room I burn a CD-R and put it in the DVD player. Am I the only one that still burns CD-Rs? They're cheap and convenient. And if you want to burn another copy its pretty easy.

I also have two Technic 1200s and a pretty sizable record collection, but I only listen to records when I'm drinking/smoking.

Basically I listen to music on the computer but if I want to listen to music in the living room I burn a CD-R or order the CD from Amazon. I think paying for an mp3 doesn't make any sense. I've never bought an mp3 in my life and don't plan on it. You can swipe just about anything from Youtube for free.

I know there's streaming sites like Tidal and Spotify, but, as far as I know, you have to be logged on to the internet to use them, so the question still remains; how do you listen to music?

Comments

• TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I can only really take in an album after the kids go to bed. So i use headphones while streaming from Spotify or an itunes purchase.

Usually while sippin on some drink.

Other than that i have the car and bose Bluetooth speaker but album start to finish is usually on headphones
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    TheGOAT wrote: »
    I can only really take in an album after the kids go to bed. So i use headphones while streaming from Spotify or an itunes purchase.

Other than that i have the car and bose Bluetooth speaker but album start to finish is usually on headphones

So is the album on your phone or your computer or what?
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »

Laptop

But if im at work u can download spotify albums to your phone and listen while offline
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

But how do you listen to music at home? Do you have an iPod/phone dock that you hook up to a sound system or do you listen to music from another source?

@ Busta Charmichael tried to clown me because I suggested he burn a CD-R and listen to it. I have iTunes on my iMac but my iMac is in my office. If I want to listen to music in my living room I burn a CD-R and put it in the DVD player. Am I the only one that still burns CD-Rs? They're cheap and convenient. And if you want to burn another copy its pretty easy.

I also have two Technic 1200s and a pretty sizable record collection, but I only listen to records when I'm drinking/smoking.

Basically I listen to music on the computer but if I want to listen to music in the living room I burn a CD-R or order the CD from Amazon. I think paying for an mp3 doesn't make any sense. I've never bought an mp3 in my life and don't plan on it. You can swipe just about anything from Youtube for free.

I know there's streaming sites like Tidal and Spotify, but, as far as I know, you have to be logged on to the internet to use them, so the question still remains; how do you listen to music?

I use my phone droids are like mini computers i can download anything to my phone but I never buy anything. I have certain sites I go to for free music or use torrents....I didn't buy a single new album last yr from any major artist. but I have most of them from Kendrick to Asap and all there other peer in between
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    How do I always get you in your feelings b?

This the second spin-off you've done based off of the same thread

Hold this
    eoxFVen.png

I'm pretty sure its the other way around, I'm in your feelings or else you would have simply answered the question.
  • 5 Grand
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »

I use my phone droids are like mini computers i can download anything to my phone but I never buy anything. I have certain sites I go to for free music or use torrents....I didn't buy a single new album last yr from any major artist. but I have most of them from Kendrick to Asap and all there other peer in between

OK, I get that you can download music to your phone, but how do you listen to it? With headphones? do you hook your phone up to a sound system? Do you play loud music in your living room from your phone? Do you have roommates so listening to music in the living room isn't an option? Do you live with your folks and have to keep the music down?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    How do I always get you in your feelings b?

This the second spin-off you've done based off of the same thread

Hold this
    eoxFVen.png

I'm pretty sure its the other way around, I'm in your feelings or else you would have simply answered the question.

Already told you in the last thread. But oh well
  • TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    TayGettem wrote: »

OK, I get that you can download music to your phone, but how do you listen to it? With headphones? do you hook your phone up to a sound system? Do you play loud music in your living room from your phone? Do you have roommates so listening to music in the living room isn't an option? Do you live with your folks and have to keep the music down?

Headphones around people in public like malls and stores
    Out loud, Speaker, Headphones at home depends on how I feel
    Bluetooth or Headphones in car
    .....I stay with a pair of headphones its a must for me
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    At the gym or at home i usually walk around with headphones, i have a bluetooth speaker but i dont use it very often anymore

I still use cd's and cd-r's in the car
  • x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

phone on tha go then itunes on tha cp
  • macadonwoo
    macadonwoo Members Posts: 1,900 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    On my phone.

My old Cd and tape catalog I've all payed for again and downloaded on to my phone.

Bluetooth that ? at home and in the ride.

Pay for music or its all gonna turn into garbage like stitches and slim whatever !!
  • gemini86
    gemini86 Members Posts: 5,180 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    listen through my headphones from my iphone.
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I have a 3 stage test, usually for albums i like on the first listen.

As time has gone on these methods have become more sophisticated thanks to the advancement in technology.

1st it goes through my sonos system, ease of convenience and since i have a play 5 pretty decent quality as well.Then on my ipod for the headphone check, i need to upgrade from my beats studio because ive fallen out of love with them and have been eyeing up some bose's.finally through the whip (through usb preferably a rip of higher than 320kps or flacc) so i can properly test out the bass and pick up those frequencies you otherwise don't get on a standard set up, i am a self proclaimed bass head at the end of the day.

All my music is stored on 2 external hard drives (1 for backup) and a nat server, i usually load up a usb full of whatevers recently been out so that way i can give them to friends and whoever, people still ask me to burn cds for them but i find it easier just to give then a bunch of stuff digitally and they can make their own mixes themselves.

Im also glad i kept the majority of my cd collection, the rare day where i have to use the company van means they come in use because all that has is a standard cd player.

So yeah i got everything figured out.

I'd love to start building a vinyl collection as well.

• macadonwoo
    Options
    5grand got that record player strapped to his back with a left and right speaker connected wired up ! Jk 5 I'm playing =)
  • BedStuy
    BedStuy Members Posts: 3,001 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I usually listen to music on my iPhone and iMac.

But when I'm in my whip
    h500W265BT-o_angle.jpg

at home in my living room
    XL_XR50RW_MHP1000_MCT450_MC152_C47_no_grilles02.jpg
    XL_MT5_Front_Top_Dust_Cover.jpg
  • Intelligent_Hoodlum
    Intelligent_Hoodlum Members Posts: 1,604 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Headphones and the Android, Bluetooth speaker, Amp + CD book & Aux in the whip, Computer speakers, portable/hands-free TurnTable..
  • macadonwoo
    Options
    Yo 5 , Why don't you tell us how you bumping ? these days ?

IN OUR EARS DOGGY

As always !!!

Even you know the answer to that well you bumping K Blow dog
  • Go figure
    Go figure Guests, Members, Confirm Email, Writer Posts: 4,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In the car and on the lap top
    Havent burned a cd in a while just been buying albums
  • KLICHE
    KLICHE Members Posts: 5,061 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • sapp08_2001
    sapp08_2001 Members Posts: 7,566 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Usually I roll somethin sticky up and blaze up while bumping my music. The selection varies from oldies(70s-90s hip hop, RnB , Soul) to the new ? . Very relaxing after a long day of work.
    tumblr_mbu77sVMXB1r5j928o1_500.gif
  • endboss
    endboss Members Posts: 879 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    In my car cause i got a good System, at home the neighbours would call 5-0, or in the gym
  • CJ
    CJ Members Posts: 15,312 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Vinyl & cd on a pioneer system at home. In ear and over the ear headphones with flac rips or at least 320kbps & headphone amp on the go. Got all my music on a usb stick for the whip.
  • water ur seeds
    water ur seeds Members Posts: 17,667 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    In car most of the time or at the gym... I buy CDs and records still, but I do download a few tunes and make CD-R mixtapes for the car too...

I got a record and CD player at home aswell, but tbh I dont listen to music at home on my sound system like I used to, I check tunes on my laptop etc but typing this I just realised I cant remember the last time I bumped music on my sound system!!!

Like most people I got iTunes, so the plan is to put my whole CD collection onto my iTunes EVENTUALLY and then get a couple iPods and have them kept in my car at all times and just keep updating my iPod, but its a mission...