Hol up, wait a min...What is this I´m hearing that Kanye said Pac was OVERRATED??!!!

Options

Comments

• IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So..... We still have no source of Ye saying this tho?
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    jono wrote: »
    Cube catalog ? on 2pacs by the way. Pac was a wanna-be ice cube for the first 3 years of his career anyway.

Cube was a wanna be chuck d if you want to say that .....stole his production team and all
  • SneakDZA
    SneakDZA Members Posts: 11,223 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    endboss wrote: »
    I said it before, you can go in the ? rainforrest and they will know every word of pacs songs, he wasn't the best rapper ever but the most influent on the [w]hole world. Period.

I feel like there's one word that can perfectly and succinctly describe what you were talking about. It's on the tip of my tongue (nh)... I know it starts with an "o"...
  • international
    international Members Posts: 4,166 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mr 202 wrote: »
    I listened to Pac's discography again yesterday at work.

I really don't see what the hype is.

I realized something about greatness and death,I saw it when my Mother died.back then it felt like we won't even survive but now she's almost forgotten.no matter how great you are when you die after some years people will start to forget... When pac was alive 96 And dominating all these rappers y'all are saying are better than him now we're on the sidelines watching,wanting and wishing to be him.i laugh when people come here and say Nas influenced the game with ILLMATIC,if there's one rapper that actually influenced every rapper Tupac Amaru Shakur.my big bro was never a rap fan but he knows almost every song on eyes on me word to word
    Pac made a lot of non hiphop fans start listening to hiphop
    To me Biggie is goat but I don't fault anybody that calls pac goat. Pac influenced Biggie,Biggie said it too.i have seen jay,Nas ,Dmx,Ja rule, 50 cent,young buck master p, prodigy, Nate dog and damn near every rapper at least one time try to dress or rap or talk or move like pac or even wish to be like him
    .pac was a mans man, the star of the stars He was a natural, he had presence,he commanded attention like no other.i been to different continents,he's the only rapper you will see his picture painted on walls all over the world.pac is the most influential rapper ever.hes to rap what Bob Marley is to reggae.

CO-SIGNATURE!
  • JDSTAYWITIT
    JDSTAYWITIT Members Posts: 12,910 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    Cube was a pac Stan watch the video of them together. Pac surpassed him early in his career. If pac overrated biggie indisputably trash. Lol @ pac lacking "technical" skills. Pac technical skill is at minimum a peer to big's. What you nincompoops forget is that big spent months writing his songs pac did them in minutes. There are multiple songs where pac spit for real and on equal terms to a biggie level. Yall forget this cause the plethora of unfinished sings that released after he died with reused rhyme schemes you were never supposed to hear.

2pac made all eyes on me, one of the greatest rap albums of all time in under a WEEK.
    Made 7day theory in under a week. Meanwhile these other ? took years and dropped trash.
    In under a year and a half pac recorded
    AEOM
    Makaveli
    UTEOT
    Better Days
    Still I Rise
    And more but he "overrated"???

To fatherless dweebs maybe.

/THREAD
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2pac is the rapper most kids have grown up hearing their parents say was the best. Does his catalog stand up though?? What criteria are we using to say he's the best??

I've said this before, pac was amazing at getting g people charged up. He was very intelligent and pro black. Yet with all the revolutionary talk, he's most remembered for his death row/Hit em up phase. Most ? these days claiming pac is the greatest and most influential (because of his views on politics and race) couldn't name 3 songs off 2pacalypse Now or strictly for my ? .

Does he have a place in rap history?? U damn right! Was he articulate while speaking and given interviews?? Definitely. But the GOAT? ? Not to me. To put him in that light as the GOAT would make him overrated
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If we're talkin' strictly rap and discountin' all outside factors, where you guys rank Pac?
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If we're talkin' strictly rap and discountin' all outside factors, where you guys rank Pac?

Depends on the criteria. And even then, its subjective.
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    _Lefty wrote: »

Depends on the criteria. And even then, its subjective.

Subjective? On a discussion board? Word?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    I went to the Lauryn Hill concert this past weekend...made me relisten to her Unplugged.

It reminds me: Fam some of this aint FOR some of you ? . If you not spiritually inclined. ..if you have never picked up a Bible or Koran or Art of War of something of that element ...or if you cant name more than 2 Black Panthers. ...bruh these rare talents are not FOR you. You're not THERE yet and apparently wont get there. J Cole is your idea of depth

Lauryn Hill...Pac...Bob Marley...there's only a handful. Ice Cube is an awesome rapper, but he is not one. J Cole is not one. JAY Z, my #1 rapper all time is not one! Nas, ehhh, maybe, but if Nas is deep my goodness what was Pac???

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lS6OB2W1oRI

Huh??? Lmao On what planet is Tupac overrated? !?! Lmao WOW.

I feel like im feedin trolls at this point this CANT be real, on allHIPHOP.com. No way

• FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

large.gif
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Let's pin their catalogs against each other then.

Amerikkkas most wanted vs 2pacalypse Now

Death Certificate vs Strictly 4 my ?

The Predator vs Me against the world

War and peace vol 1 vs All eyes on me

War and peace vol 2 vs 7 day theory

Bonus:

? at will vs Thug life

Ice Cube: 2

2pac: 4

Pac wins
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »

large.gif

I didn't wanna say sutten I knew would be controversial without bein' sure
  • _Lefty
    _Lefty Members Posts: 6,564 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's pin their catalogs against each other then.

Amerikkkas most wanted vs 2pacalypse Now

Death Certificate vs Strictly 4 my ?

The Predator vs Me against the world

War and peace vol 1 vs All eyes on me

War and peace vol 2 vs 7 day theory

Bonus:

? at will vs Thug life

Ice Cube: 2

2pac: 4

Pac wins

Not really fair doing it that way. Do it top to bottom, best to worst vs best to worst.
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Barkley? Over pippen?
    ? the Bulls beat magic for the 1st ring
    You a goofy

So you saying Pippen >>> Magic?

W4stg3y.gif
  • Mr 202
    Mr 202 Members Posts: 571 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No ? in here just making cases for being fatherless weirdos
    Pac was a man's man?
    ? is that?

Please go back to school
  • RickyRich
    RickyRich Members Posts: 13,062 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    2pac is the rapper most kids have grown up hearing their parents say was the best. Does his catalog stand up though?? What criteria are we using to say he's the best??

I've said this before, pac was amazing at getting g people charged up. He was very intelligent and pro black. Yet with all the revolutionary talk, he's most remembered for his death row/Hit em up phase. Most ? these days claiming pac is the greatest and most influential (because of his views on politics and race) couldn't name 3 songs off 2pacalypse Now or strictly for my ? .

Does he have a place in rap history?? U damn right! Was he articulate while speaking and given interviews?? Definitely. But the GOAT? ? Not to me. To put him in that light as the GOAT would make him overrated

So big a goat ?
  • FlightKing
    FlightKing Members Posts: 1,921 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »

large.gif

I didn't wanna say sutten I knew would be controversial without bein' sure

I'm saying, Pac's WHOLE discography? That's a lot of music. You sure?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You cant even just do a album to album comparison, bc Ice Cube has made a ton of music after his peak solo career and Pac has timeless music on soundtracks and posthumously

An album to album comparison doesnt account for 'Pain', for example

So if you gonna argue Pac, thats in there

And if you gonna argue Ice Cube, 1996 -present DID happen, so that includes:

A yay ee yaaaay push rhymes like weeeeight

A yay ee yaaaay!!!

You can do it put ya back into it!

Heeeeey hoooo! Heyyyy hooooo! Put ya hands up everybody! !!

? get them ? carols outta here. @cain Overdose. Do it.