Hol up, wait a min...What is this I´m hearing that Kanye said Pac was OVERRATED??!!!

Options
124»

Comments

• Billy_Poncho
    Billy_Poncho Members Posts: 22,382 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what Pac's legacy would be if he was alive
  • I.B. Blackman
    I.B. Blackman Members Posts: 3,323 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aK31A.gif

.........I guess it's that time of the year already huh?.

"1) Tupac, if he deserved any types of accolades as a rapper, was that, throughout the course of his career, he never let go of that Bishop character from “Juice” and lp by lp, he continued to perfect that role until he became Bishop in his songs and in real life. If anything, he should have been nominated for a new type of award, one where the rapper/actor down the line really and truly becomes the character he played in a movie from a few years earlier. BET might have to look into that."

2) "You know how every chick with mental/emotional issues loves that Sade? Seems like Tupac’s left footprints on the hearts of every gangbanger, thug and thug wannabe. [||] I’m sure most of those dudes stay eff’ed up in the head what with them losing homies weekly due to gunfire and gang warfare. Instead of going to see a therapist (we don’t seek mental help in the hood) they turned to 2Pac for therapy. Pac became like their version of Sade. I once read somewhere about how this one dude would sit in his truck to listen to Tupac, and everytime he did, he’d start crying tears, bubbling and heaving, all that. For real B. So yeah I get it, Tupac is like a thug’s Sade. Thug Sade. Only difference between Tupac and Sade being that Sade dropped four classic albums."

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/322187/tupac-shakur-still-overrated/p1

• BackInWhite
    BackInWhite Members Posts: 23,591 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Barkley? Over pippen?
    ? the Bulls beat magic for the 1st ring
    You a goofy

So you saying Pippen >>> Magic?

W4stg3y.gif

At that point in their respective careers, yes, ?
    Yes
    Magic was a year or so away from the announcement
    Pippen was in the first year of his first 3peat
    Cut the ? , dude
    Mr 202 wrote: »
    No ? in here just making cases for being fatherless weirdos
    Pac was a man's man?
    ? is that?

Please go back to school

Idk what ? school you went to that teaches about man's men or whatever
    But I'm good
  • CapitalB
    CapitalB Members Posts: 24,556 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? stop it
    Jordan no pippen = 1st round exits
    Pippen no Jordan = western conference finals

AND eastern..
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Barkley? Over pippen?
    ? the Bulls beat magic for the 1st ring
    You a goofy

So you saying Pippen >>> Magic?

W4stg3y.gif

At that point in their respective careers, yes, ?
    Yes
    Magic was a year or so away from the announcement
    Pippen was in the first year of his first 3peat
    Cut the ? , dude
    Mr 202 wrote: »
    No ? in here just making cases for being fatherless weirdos
    Pac was a man's man?
    ? is that?

Please go back to school

Idk what ? school you went to that teaches about man's men or whatever
    But I'm good

At that point of his career he reached his 9th nba finals lol

But if we're talkin early 90s , Hakeem, Wilkins, Stockton,Malone, Robinson, Barkley, Hardaway, were all superior players than Pippen.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aK31A.gif

"1) Tupac, if he deserved any types of accolades as a rapper, was that, throughout the course of his career, he never let go of that Bishop character from “Juice” and lp by lp, he continued to perfect that role until he became Bishop in his songs and in real life. If anything, he should have been nominated for a new type of award, one where the rapper/actor down the line really and truly becomes the character he played in a movie from a few years earlier. BET might have to look into that."

2) "You know how every chick with mental/emotional issues loves that Sade? Seems like Tupac’s left footprints on the hearts of every gangbanger, thug and thug wannabe. [||] I’m sure most of those dudes stay eff’ed up in the head what with them losing homies weekly due to gunfire and gang warfare. Instead of going to see a therapist (we don’t seek mental help in the hood) they turned to 2Pac for therapy. Pac became like their version of Sade. I once read somewhere about how this one dude would sit in his truck to listen to Tupac, and everytime he did, he’d start crying tears, bubbling and heaving, all that. For real B. So yeah I get it, Tupac is like a thug’s Sade. Thug Sade. Only difference between Tupac and Sade being that Sade dropped four classic albums."

http://community.allhiphop.com/discussion/322187/tupac-shakur-still-overrated/p1

That ? didn't know whether he wanted to be Bishop Tutu or Bishop from Juice. True cornball brother
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aK31A.gif

That ? didn't know whether he wanted to be Bishop Tutu or Bishop from Juice. True cornball brother
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    S2J wrote: »
    I went to the Lauryn Hill concert this past weekend...made me relisten to her Unplugged.

It reminds me: Fam some of this aint FOR some of you ? . If you not spiritually inclined. ..if you have never picked up a Bible or Koran or Art of War of something of that element ...or if you cant name more than 2 Black Panthers. ...bruh these rare talents are not FOR you. You're not THERE yet and apparently wont get there. J Cole is your idea of depth

Lauryn Hill...Pac...Bob Marley...there's only a handful. Ice Cube is an awesome rapper, but he is not one. J Cole is not one. JAY Z, my #1 rapper all time is not one! Nas, ehhh, maybe, but if Nas is deep my goodness what was Pac???

http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=lS6OB2W1oRI

Huh??? Lmao On what planet is Tupac overrated? !?! Lmao WOW.

I feel like im feedin trolls at this point this CANT be real, on allHIPHOP.com. No way

Wasn't even go bother going there but it holds up as true. ? that disparage pac say more about themselves than pac. Usually low moral fiber ? who lack black fellowship in they heart. ? that lack righteousness are personally offended and don't understand why people like pac and others you named get the acclaim that they do.

"With their mouths the hypocrites destroy (deceive with intent to corrupt) their neighbors, but through knowledge the righteous escape."

They don't get that righteous people operate on a different set of knowledge and you can't shake that foundation and how it impacts people.
    All the artful attempts to discredit him been going on for 20 years now and he still the goat in most people's eyes. Anyway you look at it he scientifically or spiritually speaking cannot be overrated. His impact was too great and his catalog of music too impressive.
  • NoCompetition
    NoCompetition Members Posts: 3,661 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who "overrates" him? How can he be overrated when he is what he is? He was the biggest rapper when he was alive and died as such. Had/Has Goat sales. Is considered the goat by many including me. Is still influential and listened to by millions around the world daily..."perception" seems to line up with reality No matter how high anybody "rates" him.
    That said it would just be an opinion and one he may not have said anyway?
  • S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »
    I went to the Lauryn Hill concert this past weekend...made me relisten to her Unplugged.

It reminds me: Fam some of this aint FOR some of you ? . If you not spiritually inclined. ..if you have never picked up a Bible or Koran or Art of War of something of that element ...or if you cant name more than 2 Black Panthers. ...bruh these rare talents are not FOR you. You're not THERE yet and apparently wont get there. J Cole is your idea of depth

Lauryn Hill...Pac...Bob Marley...there's only a handful. Ice Cube is an awesome rapper, but he is not one. J Cole is not one. JAY Z, my #1 rapper all time is not one! Nas, ehhh, maybe, but if Nas is deep my goodness what was Pac???

I feel like im feedin trolls at this point this CANT be real, on allHIPHOP.com. No way

Wasn't even go bother going there but it holds up as true. ? that disparage pac say more about themselves than pac. Usually low moral fiber ? who lack black fellowship in they heart. ? that lack righteousness are personally offended and don't understand why people like pac and others you named get the acclaim that they do.

"With their mouths the hypocrites destroy (deceive with intent to corrupt) their neighbors, but through knowledge the righteous escape."

They don't get that righteous people operate on a different set of knowledge and you can't shake that foundation and how it impacts people.
    All the artful attempts to discredit him been going on for 20 years now and he still the goat in most people's eyes. Anyway you look at it he scientifically or spiritually speaking cannot be overrated. His impact was too great and his catalog of music too impressive.

Yep. An example is look at the tat millions of people got bc of him

'Only ? Can Judge Me'

Its not even a damn verse. It doesn't rhyme. But that statement is so powerful. But if you dont know ? how COULD that move you? These ? still waitin for a punchline lol

Like when Scarface said 'woke up this morning, touched by the spirit, so i wrote it down for the homies to hear it'

? , what? These ? analyze it like 'ehhh, spirit, hear it, ok yea I like the flow!'. Whole different echhleon of what's being HEARD

Its no coincidence this ? @cain feels Pac is overrated and that TPAB is garbage. Its bc he not edified haha Feel me? Thats not IN him and @Jameson_Porcupine and ? like them.

So if another ? is speaking from a differemt level and you cant understand what u gon do? say you personally aint ready or just call it ? ? Human nature you gon just call it ? lol

• S2J
    S2J Members Posts: 28,458 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    These ? got right wit Pac instead of Jesus

Astronaut president huh. Uh, lol, ok son
  • I Self Lord & Master
    I Self Lord & Master Members Posts: 2,998 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    the world has spoken and chosen, nuff said

but on another note

its evident the bulk of yall lived pamperd lives and aint been thru much which is all cool, but how can u knock a man for being angry after surviving an attempt on his life then getting thrown in jail?!?

i mean what was his music SUPPOSED to sound like after going through that ? ? (...and even after all that he was still naturally diverse, but thats another topic)

lol maybe it aint for yall....
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    FlightKing wrote: »
    FlightKing wrote: »
    I listened to Pac's discography again yesterday at work.

I really don't see what the hype is.
    I listened to Pac's discography again yesterday at work.

large.gif

I didn't wanna say sutten I knew would be controversial without bein' sure

I'm saying, Pac's WHOLE discography? That's a lot of music. You sure?

Oh, that's what you meant. Nah, stopped after 7 Day Theory. I don't usually listen to ? ' mixtapes or posthumous work unless it was gonna come out while they were alive or I'm a big fan.
  • hiphop12345
    hiphop12345 Members Posts: 1,933 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I wonder what Pac's legacy would be if he was alive

This:

iyflmf.gif

Or this:

tumblr_mhq1jf0KiG1qckwxco1_500.gif
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lotta ? talkin' about his influence, but I don't see anyone doubtin' that. His rap skills weren't as good as his legend would suggest, therefore he's overrated.
  • Shortz1
    Shortz1 Members Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Options
    2pac>>>Kanye West
  • manofmorehouse
    manofmorehouse Members Posts: 2,716 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lmao!!! These ? really in here putting 2pac on a messianic pedestal. 2pac was an decent rapper that had mad commercial appeal. Not going to disrespect the dead but the fact that he's dead shouldn't elevate his skills.

The argument that pac was the highest selling artist at the time of his death means nothing. See: MC Hammer, Vanilla Ice, 50 cent, etc. All sold crazy numbers. None of them are in the goat category. He also became a blood AFTER getting famous. That's Chris Brown territory smh. "But he went through things". Lmao oh ok....

That's the beauty of subjectivity though. Every person is entitled to their opinion. Mine is that Pac has become a folk hero to fatherless sons. The patron saint of emotional thugs
  • choppa_style
    choppa_style Members Posts: 2,553 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who cares what Kanye said or thinks?

If he did are you going to delete your pirated Kanye albums or throw out your CD's??
  • Shortz1
    Shortz1 Members Posts: 49 ✭✭
    Options
    Me Against The World
    All Eyez On Me
    7 Day Theory
    Thug Life

Are better than any Kanye album and 2pac ain't ever dropped an album as horrible as 808s and Yeezus them two albums are as garbage as u can get
  • ReppinTime
    ReppinTime Members Posts: 4,760 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ReppinTime wrote: »

They don't get that righteous people operate on a different set of knowledge
    and you can't shake that foundation and how it impacts people.

I just prophecized these ? responses before they even wrote em.
    Amen.

"And no wonder, for even Satan disguises himself as an angel of light"

Don't trust no black man that down talk on pac and praise another rapper. They do it based on pure emotional reaction to ? 's favor on em and jealousy they favorite don't get his acclaim, it dont come from nothing real or hiphop related like they try to hide behind. Like I said it reflects on themselves.
  • IceBergTaylor
    IceBergTaylor Members Posts: 19,167 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Who cares what Kanye said or thinks?

If he did are you going to delete your pirated Kanye albums or throw out your CD's??

Keep in mind We 5 pages in and there's still no official source of him "saying" this.