Kendrick Lamar - Untitled 2

Options

Comments

• TayGettem
    TayGettem Members Posts: 6,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    fortyacres wrote: »
    and ? outchea still claiming drake and future are the standard , gtfoh.

No one claims that its just u ? stay tryin to compare rappers
  • xxCivicxx
    xxCivicxx Members Posts: 6,927 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I just can't get over how so many of his verses sound like he's rambling

He jumps around subjects more than Wayne, and ? used to get on Wayne for that

I like the energy of the song tho
  •  i ro ny
    i ro ny Members Posts: 8,459 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    xxCivicxx wrote: »

thats pretty much what i'm saying.

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Babaaa wrote: »
    I'm still mad that the first one wasn't on TPAB

Maybe...just maybe...we can get an Unplugged album from Kendrick.

How can we not get one of these

Throw in a Cole one as well
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

There was a central theme of black excellence and overcoming obstacles. Stop with your petty critiques.
  • Like Water
    Like Water Members Posts: 5,265 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »

There was a central theme of black excellence and overcoming obstacles. Stop with your petty critiques.

Well dam I said I liked the energy

This is why I stay outta Kendrick threads

You do? Lmao. Don't patronize me, bruh. I was born at night, not last night, youngster. You take not-so-well veiled potshots at every opportunity.

Lyricism threatens you for you some reason. If that's the case, perhaps you'd be better served by residing in threads where such importance is relegated to an afterthought.
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ? was straight.

I knew ? was gon bring up Hendrix smh
  • The Recipe
    The Recipe Members Posts: 10,570 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah that was a great live performance, the album cut never stood out to me, he really sold me with the performance ill revisit the album.
  • kzzl
    kzzl Members Posts: 7,548 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D0wn wrote: »
    Powerful... dude is fastly becoming one of the best live performers in music history...
    In rap, he's already one of the best all time...

Slow it down, bruh. A late night spot on some talk show ain't nothing compared to a real live show. ? was good at best.
  • TheGOAT
    TheGOAT Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 15,916 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    i ro ny wrote: »
    the thing is....outta that entire performance, i dont know what the ? homie is talking about.

not on no "lupe, i dont understand the metaphors and references" ? either. its just that i dont get what hes trying to say. its just a buncha flow.

With lyrics
    http://youtu.be/ljr5S1Jss1U
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He reminds me of a black eminem. I ? with him cause he has soul in his music. And he stands for something and takes pride in the culture and artform.
    So he definitely gets his props but.

His music resonates with me understand his songs very well. Sometimes I feel like he says to much on records and he be all over the place sometimes.

Perfect example ? don't ? my vibe remix. That second verse didn't even make sense. Homie was just rapping to rap.

I prefer cole more.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So who is in y'all top 5
  • Louis Devinear
    Louis Devinear Members Posts: 1,641 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    So who is in y'all top 5

Of all time? Or solely this era?
  • StillFaggyAF
    StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He reminds me of a black eminem. I ? with him cause he has soul in his music. And he stands for something and takes pride in the culture and artform.
    So he definitely gets his props but.

His music resonates with me understand his songs very well. Sometimes I feel like he says to much on records and he be all over the place sometimes.

Perfect example ? don't ? my vibe remix. That second verse didn't even make sense. Homie was just rapping to rap.

I prefer cole more.

That verse was pretty clear its just him talking about being on top of the game. I do prefer Cole tho but both are among my favorites
  • south4life
    south4life Members Posts: 9,113 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    _Goldie_ wrote: »
    Back to back arguable classics, then if this kdot/cole album is anything like it should be that'll be 3 high quality projects under his belt already, not to mention section 80. He's having a legendary entry into the game.

I can't wait until Black Hippy put a album out too.
  • ericb4prez
    ericb4prez Members Posts: 4,201 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ericb4prez wrote: »
    So who is in y'all top 5

Of all time? Or solely this era?

I thought y'all was saying he top 5 all time if y'all meant this era I agree but all time idk yet
  • aladdin1978
    aladdin1978 Members Posts: 4,609 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    As expected this thread got all the kendrick stans an ? .
  • bck145
    bck145 Members Posts: 4,997 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    While a lot of rappers trying to get turned up all the damn time, this performance had a lounge chilled vibe to me....id like to see a small intimate live performance like that
  • Negro_Caesar
    Negro_Caesar Members Posts: 6,752 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was ok. But I'm with irony on this. Dude was just rapping to rap on it. Imo
  • D0wn
    D0wn Members Posts: 10,818 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like Water wrote: »
    i ro ny wrote: »
    the thing is....outta that entire performance, i dont know what the ? homie is talking about.

not on no "lupe, i dont understand the metaphors and references" ? either. its just that i dont get what hes trying to say. its just a buncha flow.

I think the first verse is just the plight of the black american man. The 2nd verse is the black woman. 3rd sounded like it was him having a conversation with a slave. And the 4th was about him and his peers in the industry.

At least that's what I got from it.

It sound like he was talking to somebody in Africa ... south africa hence him singing capetown
  •   Colin$mackabi$h
    Colin$mackabi$h Members Posts: 16,586 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    You dont gotta tell me that Im the one! You dont gotta tell me that im the one!