Air Force Officials Apologize For Martin Luther King Day ‘Fun Shoot’ Flyer...

Options
stringer bell
stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://politics.blog.ajc.com/2016/01/14/air-force-officials-pull-mlk-day-fun-shoot-flyer/
U.S. Air Force officials pull MLK Day ‘Fun Shoot’ flyer

Military officials have pulled a provocative flyer featuring Martin Luther King Jr. atop a “fun shoot” at an Air Force Base in Georgia to be held on the holiday honoring civil rights icon.

The flyer advertised a noon gathering on Jan. 18 for the Robins Air Force Base Trap and Skeet Club. An official at the military base’s Outdoor Recreation office said it was created by a marketing team.

“We didn’t make the flyer,” said Leroy Minus, the official. “We squared it away. We got rid of the picture.”

The base, in a statement, called it an “honest mistake.”

Here’s the full statement:

We’re deeply sorry for any offense or harm caused by our insensitivity and failure to provide appropriate oversight of our marketing process. The flyer does not represent the values, opinions or views of the Department of Defense, the Air Force or Robins Air Force Base leadership and its employees.

We realized the inappropriateness of the advertisement several days ago and immediately began removing the flyer. There was no malice of forethought in the flyer’s creation and it was never the base’s intention to portray Dr. Martin Luther King Jr., in a negative light. It was an honest mistake, to which we’ve personally counseled the parties involved and will provide them with remedial training and appropriate oversight to prevent this sort of inattention from occurring in the future.

Again, we offer our heartfelt apology to those affected by our thoughtlessness. We hold the legacy of Dr. King in the highest regard.

Comments

• [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I honestly thought it was a target with MLK face on it so
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when i was stationed at campbell we had this ? white ? e-5 type, giving drown proofing pt.

she straight up told the black soldiers to take extra precaution because our bones are denser.

coincidentally she also got demoted for taking her rifle off post and causing a lockdown.

so yeah... i believe this.

Huh?
  • [Deleted User]
    [Deleted User] Posts: 0 Regulator
    Options
    The user and all related content has been deleted.
  • R0mp
    R0mp Members Posts: 4,250 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when i was stationed at campbell we had this ? white ? e-5 type, giving drown proofing pt.

she straight up told the black soldiers to take extra precaution because our bones are denser.

coincidentally she also got demoted for taking her rifle off post and causing a lockdown.

Ha.

Apparently we also have an extra bone in our leg, too.
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »

Huh?

https://youtu.be/M5clbCqbfxo

Shesh couldn't imagine swimming battle rattle
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The Black Man/Woman has no place in the US military.
  • Mister B.
    Mister B. Members, Writer Posts: 16,172 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    giphy.gif

giphy.gif

And no one has been reprimanded for anything??

? this.
  • Shizlansky
    Shizlansky Members Posts: 35,095 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R0mp wrote: »

Ha.

Apparently we also have an extra bone in our leg, too.

Extra muscle
  • Huey_C
    Huey_C Members Posts: 3,539 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Yes, only white men should be experienced in military expertise. Let them become proficient trained killers while we just sit and watch. What's the worse that can happen =)
  • NeighborhoodNomad.
    NeighborhoodNomad. Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »

Yes, only white men should be experienced in military expertise. Let them become proficient trained killers while we just sit and watch. What's the worse that can happen =)

We need to establish more martial arts, self defense, and combat training programs. But that training is not exclusive to any one country's military.
  • Copper
    Copper Members Posts: 49,532 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

? are born with an extra thigh muscle though...
  • Huey_C
    Options
    Huey_C wrote: »

We need to establish more martial arts, self defense, and combat training programs. But that training is not exclusive to any one country's military.

Why not learn from the greatest conquerors in the world. It's simple, its the same thing these white militias do. Have their people train for free, the military pays YOU to train, then they bring that knowledge back.
  • 2stepz_ahead
    2stepz_ahead Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 32,324 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    when will black people create a defense for racial ? like the jews have the jewish league
  • Huey_C
    Options
    when will black people create a defense for racial ? like the jews have the jewish league

Black Americans are way to integrated at this point smh
  • ChillaDaGawd
    ChillaDaGawd Members Posts: 12,021 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Copper wrote: »

? are born with an extra thigh muscle though...

There's also a hidden inner nostril in our nose specifically to suck up the white man's air

@DWO