Comments

• white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    smp4life wrote: »
    "he's so brave"

That what I'm supposed to think right?

For making a record that black rappers been making for 20 years, he is literally the physical embodiment of white privilege.

Public Enemy made this song and crackers was in they feelings.

I know you're prolly too young but white ppl were riding with PE from album #2 on.

Yes, I'm so young that I wouldn't even know to reference them, ? crackers was the ones who drove a wedge between chuck and griff, ? them and their fake liberal appreciation, it's like Justin timberlake aint show you ? what time it was when he threw janet under the bus or something, theyre only "down" when it benefits them..
  • OhMars
    OhMars Members Posts: 6,085 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This was a lose lose for him the way I see it. If he didn't say ? about the subject people would call for his head because of the obvious and when he does he gets downed for the praise we assume he will get from this.
    I liked it and I hate this dudes music, he said what needed to be said. Sometimes you gotta hear your own people say it to fully get it.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "he's so brave"

For making a record that black rappers been making for 20 years, he is literally the physical embodiment of white privilege.

I know you're prolly too young but white ppl were riding with PE from album #2 on.

Yes, I'm so young that I wouldn't even know to reference them, ? crackers was the ones who drove a wedge between chuck and griff, ? them and their fake liberal appreciation, it's like Justin timberlake aint show you ? what time it was when he threw janet under the bus or something, theyre only "down" when it benefits them..

No, Griff is a dude that has a lot of crazy tin foil hat things to say. He drove a wedge between himself and the group by saying some dumb ? and ? up PE's united front.
  • smp4life
    smp4life Members Posts: 2,922 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    ^ all that yaccoob fantasy island bs detracts from the real issues.
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    "he's so brave"

No, Griff is a dude that has a lot of crazy tin foil hat things to say. He drove a wedge between himself and the group by saying some dumb ? and ? up PE's united front.

Spoken like a perfect ? , pat yourself on the back.

Eminem talks about ? corpses and killing his mom, nobody bats an eye.
  • silverfoxx
    silverfoxx Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 11,704 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Great song. Trash me.
  • professor x
    professor x Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Options
    someone please define the term 'white' person.
  • professor x
    professor x Members Posts: 149 ✭✭
    Options
    please disregard the previous statement.
  • Lab Baby
    Lab Baby Members Posts: 8,154 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Macklemore is the Ron Burgundy of rap. I don't think he truly understands how absurd and out of his element he is, even tho part of his gimmick is to be tongue in cheek. White America>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>
  • CeLLaR-DooR
    CeLLaR-DooR Members Posts: 18,880 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Heard it. First Macklemore track I've heard. He's not a bad rapper from what I can hear, just one I have no interest in.

Anyway I think it's a good track. It's just not for ?
  • colton
    colton Members Posts: 531 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    cool track I don't love it, but I don't hate it good timing for him to release a record like this given his content and how people feel about him winning that Grammy over Kendrick which he'll be forever remembered by IMO
  • Trillfate
    Trillfate Members Posts: 24,008 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Smh ? complaining, its not punk ass Iggy making a mockery, dude is trying...
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    He tryin i give him that.. i guess you cant fault him for how they put him on a pedestal.. now if he talks about it, performs it and gets it out there more power to him, while true he will get more recognition and esteem than he should..If his message gets disseminated like his other over exposed ? .. then thats positive move on the chessboard
  • Candleguy
    Candleguy Members Posts: 108 ✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Hip Hop reparations?

Idk about anyone else but this dude on his knees Hateful Eight style begging black people to love him despite his overall lack of skill on the mic doesn't bring me any kind of satisfaction.

What bothers me is all this radioplay MM gets when Sean Price died as the brokest dope rapper I know. That aint white privilege that's wack privilege. This silly ass song with superficial content might make Macklemore feel good about making millions on limited talent and it might make the black folk who aint doing ? but looking to white faces to give the game back to them, feel good about themselves, but the reality is this is pandering taken to a new level.

It's as fake, perhaps arguably moreso than Iggy if you want to get real cynical, yall falling for it, and good hip hop still isn't getting any airplay.
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Meh, appropriating black music while rapping about appropriating black music. Glad he found his lane, getting money off of movements. He should speak to that ? black dude he stole his first single from /nh
  • Melanin_Enriched
    Melanin_Enriched Members Posts: 22,868 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Is this suppose to be the white guilt anthem?
  • #1hiphopjunki3
    #1hiphopjunki3 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 3,557 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Like many have stated i'm not a fan of his flow at all but the guy spoke a lot of truth on the record and it wasn't too corny. Maybe he is tryibg to hard but at least the guy is fully aware of what's what and isn't afraid to speak on it
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    edited January 2016
    Options
    You know a ? a ? when he gets emotional cuz I told him he posting ? that's fake

You know you a ? ass groupie ? when you stay in a ? thread lurking and cosigning every post day and night (cuz his ? ass gets no ? )
    2lk8eic.png
    and the only ? that cosign lol and cape for you (esp Stew) hate the King already with the exception of maybe three of those guys who laugh at anything.
    28cfuhk.png
    Stone Cold Michael Sam ass ? .

Yo cracka ass pig mama shoulda just swallowed you that night litebrite Meek, we know she good for that.
  • Stew
    Stew Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 52,234 Regulator
    Options
    Great job by putting ppls IP addresses on blast.
  • DOPEdweebz
    DOPEdweebz Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 29,364 Regulator
    Options
    Stew wrote: »
    Great job by putting ppls IP addresses on blast.

Wtf you talking about, ? ?