Is This The Aaliyah Line?

Options

Comments

• x the unknown
    x the unknown Members Posts: 2,255 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    It´s true I heard it.It´s on DBLOCK VS ROCAFELLA.My friend had the mixtape.? was a classic back in the day.

YEA!! That ? was dope too. I know he said that verse. I remember wanting to ? styles p cuz I was in love with aaliyah

Hey Drake, I knew it was you the whole time, no ? .

ether lmao
  • The_Jackal
    The_Jackal Members Posts: 3,628 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    "This is a man's world /y'all keep ? with kiss, I see to it that you visit your man's (girl)"

The word "girl" gets cut out.

I remember this being the line back in the day. Then outta nowhere people changed it to Styles P. And a different line.

Nah, Ghost had a verse. I remember that distinctly.

'Rock the boat, rock the boat/
    Now we got one less ? rocking a Roca wear coat.'

Nah I heard it was
    Rock the boat, rock the boat/
    One dead ? in a Rocawear coat.

Someone on the ic found it
  • Karl.
    Karl. Members Posts: 8,015 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yea I'm sure I heard that Rock the boat line before.

Either that or I've read about it so much I'm starting to believe I was there.
  • x the unknown
    edited January 2016
    Options
    The_Jackal wrote: »
    "This is a man's world /y'all keep ? with kiss, I see to it that you visit your man's (girl)"

The word "girl" gets cut out.

I remember this being the line back in the day. Then outta nowhere people changed it to Styles P. And a different line.

Nah, Ghost had a verse. I remember that distinctly.

'Rock the boat, rock the boat/
    Now we got one less ? rocking a Roca wear coat.'

Nah I heard it was
    Rock the boat, rock the boat/
    One dead ? in a Rocawear coat.

Someone on the ic found it

know what u talkin bout
  • x the unknown
    Options
    tweet styles & ask him bout the line
  • Busta Carmichael
    Busta Carmichael Members, Moderators Posts: 13,161 Regulator
    Options
    Sion wrote: »
    Well Got Dayum LOLOL

So many ducktales in this thread lmao.

Makes no damn sense for a song to just disappear. Especially in the internet age.

They did a AMA with Styles P a couple of months ago and he said he has said some ? up things in the past but never that line.
  • Cabana_Da_Don
    Cabana_Da_Don Members Posts: 7,992 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    By the way some background info on that line.I could tell he designed the rhyme(bar) around that line cause it just popped up outta nowhere ? didn´t even rhyme if I remenber.Styles probably had the line in his mind before spitting on the track.
  • Lurkristocrat
    Lurkristocrat Members Posts: 8,378 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    my thing is, if it wasnt true, how so many claim to have heard it around the country?
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    my thing is, if it wasnt true, how so many claim to have heard it around the country?

You've prolly heard about the Bernstein theory right?

Same thing here. You've heard it so much that your brain tricks you into believing it.
  • SheerExcellence
    SheerExcellence Members Posts: 6,140 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    All these "i heard it" but no one has ever simply posted it

I don't think there has every been a song that so many ppl claim to have hard but no one ever posted. All of y'all that say it was on a dblock vs roc mixtape, well where is it?

Get your boys who owned it to upload it. All I'm asking is for one person to do it. Styles p can't stop us fam. Let's do it, someone upload it l. That's all I ask.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    All these "i heard it" but no one has ever simply posted it

I don't think there has every been a song that so many ppl claim to have hard but no one ever posted. All of y'all that say it was on a dblock vs roc mixtape, well where is it?

Get your boys who owned it to upload it. All I'm asking is for one person to do it. Styles p can't stop us fam. Let's do it, someone upload it l. That's all I ask.

This!

Just one
  • Karl.
    Options
    I'm sure it was posted man. Some grainy as ? audio. A few years ago.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

Lol nah bro. I posted it on the second page. It's the same audio that gets shown all the time.

And it's fake. It was made up by some bored dude
  • Karl.
    Options
    Karl. wrote: »

Lol nah bro. I posted it on the second page. It's the same audio that gets shown all the time.

And it's fake. It was made up by some bored dude

My bad didn't click the vid.

On listening to it again I don't know why I believed it the first time.
  • tharealest561
    tharealest561 Members Posts: 1,859 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Find me Biggie on the radio calling out Tupac and Tha Dogg Pound for shooting a video in NY, that prompted someone shooting up Snoop and Tha Dogg Pound's trailer.
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    ya'll want this line to really exist so bad

they were on the Breakfast club last year and put the rumor to bed

that diss never happened
  • 5 Grand
    5 Grand Members Posts: 12,869 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    AP21 wrote: »

that diss never happened

link?
  • nyst8ofmin
    nyst8ofmin Members Posts: 1,636 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    getting tired of this B.S.

taken from Nahright... (http://nahright.com/news/2014/04/16/styles-p-addressed-the-alleged-aaliyah-diss/)

"This past weekend, the guys over at the Coli message board reignited one of Rap’s most persistent conspiracy theories: that Styles dissed Aaliyah with a particularly nasty line back during the D-Block/Roc-A-Fella conflict.

Supposedly, the diss went something like this:

“Rock the boat rock the boat/That’s one less ? in a Roc-A-Wear coat”

For years, people have been swearing up and down that they had heard the verse with their own ears at one time or another, but nobody has ever been able to produce any audio. That is, until this past week when a Coli member produced an extremly low quality rip that was purported to be audio of SP spitting the line during a live performance. But if you read through the rest of the Coli thread, you’d see that another member had later commented that he and his boy created the audio themselves as a prank 10 years ago:

ok, so everyone who has ever claimed to have heard this song or any variation of it other than what i posted here is full of ? because it never exsisted. how do I know? I started the muthafukking rumor over 10 years ago. Thats right. the same song you here in this thread is the same song I personally posted on the roc-a-fella and the ruff ryders fan forums back in the days. me and my friend did the ? initially to ? off some roc-a-fella fans. i did the voice of both jada and styles and my friend mixed it to sound authentic. we used three different crowds, not looped but chopped and layered over each other. we was suprised they actually thought it was real but we took it down not long after we put it up. we had it hosted on a webpage so folks could listen but not download, it could have been geocities or something. my homie handled that part. so yeah after we took it down we saw all these posts about the song pop up on other forums and we used to laugh our ? off. we watched as it changed from what it was to somehow being over “jigga my nikka” (which is at least another swizz beat), to being a dj clue exclusive over “jigga that nikka” on a mixtape that was only available on casette. people started quoting it and changing up the lyrics and ? . but its not real. none of it. styles never dissed aaliyah. you know how every rumor has an origin, well this is how this one started. it was a joke that people took for real and just kept growing. i watched this ? unfold and yeah i felt kinda bad about it but people insisted that they heard it

While that scenario is certainly plausible, a random comment from somebody on a Rap forum is hardly enough to knock down a decade old rumor. So, as is the case with any good internet based conspiracy theory, there were still some folks who refused to accept that Styles never spit this line and continued to insist that they had heard it themselves at one point or another. Luckily for everybody, Styles had a Reddit AMA scheduled for yesterday afternoon and what better place to address a long running net rumor right?

And so he was asked about it, and hopefully his response will finally put this oddly persistent rumor to bed once and for all:

I say play it for me! and then after you play it for me you tell me if that’s me.

I said alot of offensive ? over the years and if I offended anybody I apologize. and how much of the ? that i’ve put out isn’t available? that’s what I would ask you.

I was sitting there with SP as he was answering this question, and so I pulled up the audio and played it for him, and after we all had a good laugh, he further replied:

i just heard it and all i have to say to that is, when did I ever have that flow? when was I ever wack?

So I guess that’s that. Of course, this being the internet, I completely expect somebody to have a fully fleshed out counter-conspiracy drafted before the week is out."
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think that legendary line was ever actually spit, to be honest. Styles said he been hearing that rumor for years but he never said anything like that. And that if he did, he'd admit it because beef is beef and would have no issue apologizing on some, 'Yeah, I was prolly outta line.' ? . And I've NEVER heard the audio. NO ONE has ever been able to produce the ? for me, so...
  • AP21
    AP21 Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 17,743 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    5 Grand wrote: »
    AP21 wrote: »

that diss never happened

link?

just go to the breakfast club page on youtube...i think they've done maybe 4 interviews up there

its either the last one or the 3rd one
  • Cutler 26 INT's LOL!
    Cutler 26 INT's LOL! Members Posts: 7,708 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    This thread resurface itself every year. Its hilarious in 2016 we dont have physical evidence of this line.
  • Busta Carmichael
    Options
    @nyst8ofmin lol I already said everything you posted bruh. They sleep tho.
  • x the unknown
    Options
  • Jabu_Rule
    Jabu_Rule Members Posts: 5,993 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Soloman_The_Wise
    Soloman_The_Wise Members Posts: 2,817 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Yeah if that ? was real somebody would have that tape still. And they would have put it on the net. Def Jam wouldn't be able to stop it spreading.

This.

You can find hidden gems from the 70's on the net, and a Styles P song that was made in the 2000's supposedly vanished?

I spent years arguing about Master P doing a song Jacking the beats where he stole the hot songs beats of the time like regulate thuggish ruggish and ? like that it remained a mystery then by freak chance found it on youtube a year or so ago so anything is possible especially with rappers that are always down to bust a freestyle on a mixtape...