Options

Comments

• mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    JLacey wrote: »
    Khan said he wants a tune up in March. Berto, Rios, or Jo Jo Dan. Smh
    A ? tune up!? All the ? been fighting lately are ? tune ups haha and when he not foing that he bumping his gums. ? Khan hoe ass until he start fighting some damn body.

Well tune ups can go wrong lol see Algieri I don't think he expected that fight to be that tough
  • mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I don't think Khan and Berto will fight they are in the same camp.
  • R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Which of you ? was a Yusaf Mack fan? Don't lie
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Crawford whooped both Mindy and Danny Garcia in the amateurs

This not the amateurs. That means nothing
  • f.e.d.s.
    f.e.d.s. Members Posts: 2,128 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Y'all crazy as hell if y'all think Stevenson has any chance against Kovalev. It will be a repeat of Rocky IV
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    JLacey wrote: »
    aneed123 wrote: »
    Crawford whooped both Mindy and Danny Garcia in the amateurs

This not the amateurs. That means nothing

Crawford done got better while Garcia done moved up in weight and had a long layoff. He has the hand speed and reach advantage as well. Garcia is a counter puncher by nature not a brawler but he can't out box Crawford which is why he looses
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    MR.CJ wrote: »

Stevenson's Promoter Disputes Claims By Kovalev's Manager

By Steve Kim

Yvon Michel, the promoter of WBC light heavyweight champion Adonis Stevenson, read with great interest the claims made earlier today by Egis Klimas, who handles WBO/IBF/WBA champion Sergey Kovalev. Once again there has been an unsuccessful attempt to make a fight between the two dominant figures at 175-pounds.

Michael told BoxingScene.com that Stevenson was well aware of all the negotiations and terms being discussed and added - "(Klimas) mentioned that the proposal to bring Showtime was in late January, not at all. We got in December their offer on January 9th, we made a counter-offer. He made it sound like it was an offer for $15 million and that's not the case. It was great speculation.

300,000 buys, $4 million on the gate. There has never been such a gate for Kovalev or Stevenson. We are aware they didn't sell a thousands tickets when he fought( versus Nadjib Mohemmedi) at the Mandalay Bay in Las Vegas last summer. So their offer was pay-per-view, HBO, and they guaranteed $2 million and the answer was we were going to entertain what was the best way to hold the fight. In our opinion it was Montreal or Quebec City, the only two places where there would be a significant amount of people for the fight.

"But we were told there was some interest at the Madison Square Garden or Las Vegas but we were kind of skeptical. But anyway, we didn't go that far."

Michel thinks that the projections put forth by Klimas are grossly inflated.

"When you bring out those numbers, Kathy(Duva) was giving us those numbers but we believe it was a little bit off reality. When I came back with our counter-offer in January, it was,'Lets forget about your $2 million, there's no reason to have that burden on you. So we'll be partners at 50-50 but we have to bring Showtime because we had spoken to Stephen Espinoza and he mentioned also that he was skeptical of 250,000 (buys). It was never mentioned, 300,000, our most optimistic number was 250(000) but that if we worked hard with all our resources, Stephen said,'Look, maybe we'll be able to reach that number if we work all together.' So this is when we said,'OK, forget the $2 million, we'll do everything where the best place will be, where we can get the best revenue, we'll split everything - but we bring Showtime on board. And that was turned down."

In the last few weeks, Michel tried his best to hammer out a deal.

"I went to New York to meet with Kathy the night of the Deontay Wilder fight and we spoke about it, again. And yes, they told us a deadline that was Tuesday last week. So after that deadline we were not in position to go forward with their offer but I've sent them a long email stating that our offer where nobody has to put the guarantee."

Once again, network alliances have become a nearly insurmountable hurdle to clear.

But Michel states,"But this is the offer on the table till the two guys are champions."
  • R.D.
    Options
    She ain't slick

Kovalev all she got...not worth the risk
  • aneed123
    Options
    Finally found the other racist ? kovalev said.
    Kovalev, who will be defending his IBF/WBA/WBO world light heavyweight titles against Jean Pascal this Saturday in Montreal, Quebec on HBO, has a history of making disparaging, race-based remarks aimed at black fighters, referring to Grover Young as a “thoroughbred ? ” in 2011 and making other comments that could be perceived as racial insults regarding opponents Ismayl Sillah, Bernard Hopkins, and Jean Pascal. In 2013 he also made the following statement in an interview with Russia’s All Boxing website:

“I'm not a racist, I know that everywhere there are good and bad guys, but the ‘tanned’ every day I like less. I live in Florida, there are many illegal immigrants, natives, I can see how they behave.”

The Google Russian-to-English Translator is rough in some spots, but it also happened to capture other incriminating phrases that are clearly intended as race-baiting attacks such as “Dark-skinned like a lot to talk… All of them talk a lot, and then firmly ‘sleep’” in reference to Bernard Hopkins and “It was a shame that this ‘tan’ to earn easy money” when speaking about his 2011 technical draw with Young.

Kazakh former light heavyweight world titlist, Beibut Shumenov, who counts Russian among the five languages he speaks fluently, later confirmed that nothing was lost in translation.

“I was shocked when I heard about his racist comments that he said in reference about African Americans,” Shumenov told RingTV in 2014. “There was no misinterpretation or lost in Russian-to-English translation of what he said…He will have to live with the derogatory words that he said in print and video.”

But with Shumenov's stamp of confirmation or not, the body of evidence is there. The will among members of the boxing media to call a ? a ? , on the other hand, is not.

At Wednesday’s press conference, when opponent Jean Pascal, of Haitian descent, tossed a banana at Kovalev’s African American trainer, John David Jackson, the issue was shoved backed into the dialogue despite efforts by a compliant and gutless/clueless media to smooth over the ugliness over the past year.
  • MR.CJ
    MR.CJ Members Posts: 64,689 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    She ain't slick

Kovalev all she got...not worth the risk

Yep
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    @aneed123

He white bruh, that's all you need to know about why the media hasn't ran with it. People like Kovalev are racist against minorities (especially black) but he tolerate the ones closest to him (his trainer, etc) because his trainer is providing him a service.

JDJ is black but I'll bet you Kovalev thinks to himself "you're not like them" when referring to his trainer in the same sentence about other black people. Lol I've seen and experienced it firsthand, especially in the corporate world.

Nah ? , I AM like them, ? you mean?
  • aneed123
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    @aneed123

He white bruh, that's all you need to know about why the media hasn't ran with it. People like Kovalev are racist against minorities (especially black) but he tolerate the ones closest to him (his trainer, etc) because his trainer is providing him a service.

JDJ is black but I'll bet you Kovalev thinks to himself "you're not like them" when referring to his trainer in the same sentence about other black people. Lol I've seen and experienced it firsthand, especially in the corporate world.

Nah ? , I AM like them, ? you mean?

I feel u. I just remembered that interview and seeing Hbo dismissing it sat and many only thought it was just bout the monkey pic. I had to post all the ? he said
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Wow GBP just announced Canelo vs. Khan May 7th. That came out of no where.
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Khan going to get knocked out and then beg Kell Brook for a fight lol
  • R.D.
    Options
    Wow

I'm not for that at all

I'm positive Al didn't advise that unless he just ready to rid his hands of dude and humble him...We can always remember what could've been

GB on ? ? , ? it Nelo too
  • gman82
    gman82 Members Posts: 1,800 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    buttuh_b wrote: »
    Wow GBP just announced Canelo vs. Khan May 7th. That came out of no where.

If he dies he dies
  • smittysmith
    smittysmith Members Posts: 8,202 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Welp, looks like Khan heading into retirement this year
  • aneed123
    Options
    Yes Khan goes bambi legs after a Canelo left hook. This shows Khan only wanted a big money fight. Canelo is a middle weight... Watch he try to come traveling to brook after he takes his nap
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Yeah, Al didn't advise Khan at all. He stayed out of this move. Khan did it by himself. He is about to get humbled lol Can't wait. Baby Deer Vs Canelo - May 7th
  • OmegaConflict
    OmegaConflict Members Posts: 39,030 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options