• mdot
    mdot Members Posts: 4,368 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    lol Wtf wow.. @DWO

this ? really came out of nowhere never even thought that would be a possibility.. They should do it abroad
  • mdot
    Options
    I got a 100 on Khan

Siiiiikkkeeeeeee lmao
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    How khan will be ushered out that night

Coffin.png
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    gman82 wrote: »

Well that's another ppv I won't be buying.

Bold says it all for me when it comes to Canelo vs Khan.
  • Mastery
    Mastery Guests, Members, Writer, Content Producer Posts: 14,776 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    @DWO
    @JLacey
    @? _Caesar

Khan facing Canelo on May 7th haha

RIP
  • Mastery
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Bruh there is no ? way Khan thinks he can win this fight. It's just a money fight, period. Like ? said, Khan about to die then come back and try to fight Brook lol If Khan had anything of a chin, I'd give him a chance but Canelo is going to put paws on this ? man. Smh
  • Vader_F_Kennedy
    Vader_F_Kennedy Members Posts: 17,715 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That is unexpected AF ..props to khan tho for fighting canelo tho probably won't go past 4rds
  • mdot
    Options
    Mastery wrote: »
    Bruh there is no ? way Khan thinks he can win this fight. It's just a money fight, period. Like ? said, Khan about to die then come back and try to fight Brook lol If Khan had anything of a chin, I'd give him a chance but Canelo is going to put paws on this ? man. Smh

I think Khan might be this delusional.

I'm not even sure if its about the money anymore he just wants to be so ? famous for whatever reason.

Oscar faxed over that contract quick as ? .lmao
  • playmaker88
    playmaker88 Members Posts: 67,905 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Hate to bring up Mayweather .... yall do it all the time but..He thinks he can outbox Canelo because Mayweather did i mean there is no logical reason to even have ever thought this fight would b a possibility.. But wtf is his reasoning.
  • nycest_1
    nycest_1 Members Posts: 2,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

maybe hes counting on the fact that he has similar height and reach and like his more recent fights he can jab and move enough on the flat footed alvarez to a points victory.
    his margin of error is small but lets not pretend that weak chin ? followed him up to 147. his chin isnt great but hes not weight draining anymore like 140.
    alvarez isn't exactly blowing people away with his moving forward offense. hes a counter puncher who is flat footed and slower (but pretty damn powerful)
    props to khan for challenging himself and making anyone who said he was scared of brook look like an idiot. this fight is bigger and tougher than a brook fight
  • mdot
    Options
    He will have to hold and use his bike.

Canelo isn't the type to walk you down and punish you. He will still box and time Amir
  • Mastery
    Options
    Tougher, yeah. Bigger? No. Khan vs Brook in the UK makes way more money than Khan vs Canelo in the US.

And just because Khan fights Canelo doesn't mean he isn't scared of Brook. Your logic is all wrong bruh. You just listed perceived weaknessess Khan feels he can exploit in Canelo. Khan can't exploit ? with Brook which is why he been ducking for years.
  • Mastery
    Options
    ? acting like they forgot pillow punching Algeiri almost slumped Khan lol
  • aneed123
    aneed123 Members Posts: 23,763 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Khan chose the next biggest payday since he couldn't get Floyd or Manny. He feels since Canelo is bigger if he loses no one will care (hell his 3 other losses get swept under the rug) and he can run and fight brook later. Smh
  • buttuh_b
    buttuh_b Members Posts: 13,544 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    They're fighting at 155 for the middleweight belt lmao. If Khan wins he gone face GGG?? Hahahaha
  • PSN-Canibuss
    PSN-Canibuss Members Posts: 2,685 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Even Paulie knows khan ? up

So I definitely got some thoughts on this ‪#‎CaneloKhan‬ fight. I'll get more into it on the ‪#‎FromBrooklynToTheWorld‬ podcast today with Pete ... But off the top of my head 1) Gotta make Canelo a big favorite here. Khan is gonna need that jab and hand speed to be as in point as ever, but I can't get over the size difference here. 2) khan's gotta get a ton of credit for taking this fight. He's got ? , gotta say that. 3) I just am very curious about the choice by Khan given the frame of his career. Personally, I'd rather watch him fight Kell Brook or rematch Danny Garcia at 157 next, but it is what it is, and I'll definitely watch it. Boxing lives for events like this.
  • JLacey
    JLacey Members Posts: 1,341 ✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Let's not get carried away. Algieri gave him a good fight but khan was never in any real danger
  • JLacey
    Options
    I really think this means maybe he's not scared of Brook. Canelo is better than Brook and he's bigger. Not gonna be much of a fight I don't think but I'm excited to see it
  • JLacey
    Options
    ? made me happy as a boxing fan. At least he's not fighting a ? . 2016 gonna be a good year for boxing
  • D. Morgan
    D. Morgan Members Posts: 11,662 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    nycest_1 wrote: »

maybe hes counting on the fact that he has similar height and reach and like his more recent fights he can jab and move enough on the flat footed alvarez to a points victory.
    his margin of error is small but lets not pretend that weak chin ? followed him up to 147. his chin isnt great but hes not weight draining anymore like 140.
    alvarez isn't exactly blowing people away with his moving forward offense. hes a counter puncher who is flat footed and slower (but pretty damn powerful)
    props to khan for challenging himself and making anyone who said he was scared of brook look like an idiot. this fight is bigger and tougher than a brook fight

You really looking at Brook vs Khan all wrong. As a man Khan probably isn't afraid of Brook. Khan avoiding Brook is a ? up business decision. Khan knows Brook is a tough fight. If Khan lost to Brook he loses his British fan base to Brook and nobody in America really thinks all that highly of Khan. So what would Khan have if he lost to Brook before getting a big money fight? If Khan fought Brook and lost this fight right here vs Canelo would never even be an option. Nobody will care about Khan losing to Canelo. Even with the loss to Canelo people will still want to see him fight Brook.

Fact is Khan still ducked Brook and his fear was based on the possibility of losing money not 100% fear of Brook as a man.
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    So Cinnamon's first title of his 155lb world middleweight/super welterweight catchweight belt is against Khan.. Wow...
  • nycest_1
    Options
    D. Morgan wrote: »
    nycest_1 wrote: »

You really looking at Brook vs Khan all wrong. As a man Khan probably isn't afraid of Brook. Khan avoiding Brook is a ? up business decision. Khan knows Brook is a tough fight. If Khan lost to Brook he loses his British fan base to Brook and nobody in America really thinks all that highly of Khan. So what would Khan have if he lost to Brook before getting a big money fight? If Khan fought Brook and lost this fight right here vs Canelo would never even be an option. Nobody will care about Khan losing to Canelo. Even with the loss to Canelo people will still want to see him fight Brook.

Fact is Khan still ducked Brook and his fear was based on the possibility of losing money not 100% fear of Brook as a man.

I know it was risk vs reward and brook really was a threat to beating him. but the ? was people in here all of the sudden started changing their perspectives on khan because he was making a business decision.
    what was good for the goose wasn't good for the gander if you will.
    khan was always holding off fighting brook for better fighters than brook
    he wanted floyd, manny cotto and got alvarez.
    brook is better than none of those guys.
    it can't be truly ducking when you are avoiding a fighter for tougher competition.
  • nycest_1
    Options
    Tougher, yeah. Bigger? No. Khan vs Brook in the UK makes way more money than Khan vs Canelo in the US.

And just because Khan fights Canelo doesn't mean he isn't scared of Brook. Your logic is all wrong bruh. You just listed perceived weaknessess Khan feels he can exploit in Canelo. Khan can't exploit ? with Brook which is why he been ducking for years.
    that doesn't make any sense.
    every fighter has a plan and believes they can exploit a weakness in their opponent.
    your logic is flawed for saying he fears brook by going to fight a better bigger and tougher fighter.
    those two narratives contradict each other.
    khan and brook in the UK is unknown. fighting alvarez the top mexican draw on the mexican holiday weekend is known to be a big ppv day.