The I Watched Recently Thread *possible spoilers*

Options

Comments

• white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited January 2016
    Options
    Eh yo

El Rey channel is DOPE, Im watching it with a 10 dollar a month subscription to fubotv

They showed Miami Vice, then switched to Freddy's Nightmares (Freddy Krueger tv show from the 80's), they show that V remake, Kung Fu flicks, From Dusk Till Dawn tv series, Lucha Underground

I don't even watch tv like that, but if I did have my own station it would definitely resemble this.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Just saw that room movie yall were talking about. That ? is nuts and a great ? movie.
  • Bcotton5
    Bcotton5 Members Posts: 51,851 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How come when i said room was dope a few weeks ago nobody said nothing but when 40 acres say it everybody check for it?
  • lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Bcotton5 wrote: »
    How come when i said room was dope a few weeks ago nobody said nothing but when 40 acres say it everybody check for it?

The film has actually been going around the circuits for a good year now, i had a chance to watch it on a flight months ago but wisely decided against it since a friend told me to check it out on the big screen, which i did since it was released here a week ago.
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Lou_Cypher wrote: »
    Cuz you say ? things

so simple yet true.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Sleep away Camp. It was a movie. That I should of been watching ? .
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Just watched that movie Burnt ? was dope he was treating his sous chefs like ?
  • Preach2Teach
    Preach2Teach Members Posts: 3,429 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legend, Tom Hardy is the man he put on a great performance, the love story got in the way a little they could have made it slightly shorter, It gets a solid 8.2/10 from me.

Waterworld with Kevin Costner, not seen this since I was a kid, great film it was a lot less serious than I was expecting and very fun and enjoyable to watch. I give it a 8.7/10
  • KingFreeman
    KingFreeman Members Posts: 13,731 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Watching ghost dog. More incredible every time.
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Checking out a movie called blood sucking ? . A straight to DVD horror/comedy starring a bunch of no names. It's pretty decent gotten some laughs. If you're into shows like workaholics you might like this.
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    just watched dope and ride along 2

Dope - was an excellent movie and i recommend

Ride Along 2 - same ole same ole. I didnt laugh at all but I was entertained. If you liked the first, you will like this one, if you hated the first you will hate this one also.
  • Bcotton5
    Options
    Ride along 2 leaked yesterday
  • white sympathizer
    white sympathizer Members Posts: 1,570 ✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Seeing as im not a white person, nor do i have kids, should i watch this room ? ?

Im reading the description on genesis and it sounds pretty ? lame and like a family movie or something
  • Bcotton5
    Options

Watching now
  • geechiedanbuford214
    geechiedanbuford214 Members Posts: 456 ✭✭✭
    Options
    Any good??

Watching now

• lazypakman
    lazypakman Members Posts: 4,913 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    Just finished man seeking woman season 1

Great show, really off kilter humour which is right up my street.

shout out to @A$AP_A$TON for recommending it.
  • rip.dilla
    rip.dilla Members Posts: 17,412 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Superman IV - Quest For Peace - very dated special effects; enjoyable nonetheless

Richard Pryor: Icon - short documentary I caught on Netflix basically highlighting Pryor's legend as the greatest stand up comedian of all time. Input from George Lopez and Tracey Morgan amongst others..

The Incredible Burt Wonderstone - starring Steve Carell, Steve Buscemi, Jim Carrey, Alan Alda and Olivia Wilde. Star studded apparently with comic talent and funny too..

The Deep End Of The Ocean - starring Michelle Pfieffer, Treat Williams and Whoopi Goldberg in an adapted story about the kidnap of a child and how the family come to terms with it

Hitch - Will Smith's romcom (I think the only one in his career). Seen it again after so many years. Was decent and played the 'battle of the sexes' quite well

Enter The Dragon - vintage Bruce Lee flick in the age of Blaxploitation cinema..
  • CottonCitySlim
    CottonCitySlim Members Posts: 7,063 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I tried to watch that room ? , but after the first ? scene with the lil boy in closet, i decided movie wasnt for me.

plus i cant watch to people be in the same room with no other scenery for 2 hrs
  • marc123
    marc123 Members Posts: 16,999 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    rip.dilla wrote: »
    Richard Pryor: Icon - short documentary I caught on Netflix basically highlighting Pryor's legend as the greatest stand up comedian of all time. Input from George Lopez and Tracey Morgan amongst others..

• R.D.
    R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    What is Tarentino fascination with the word ?
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    My dad gave me a couple flicks to watch

Collateral_(Movie).jpg

Good film. Wasn't expecting too much because I didn't even know it existed but Cruise was good. Jamie Foxx was alright too.

Its kind of like The Taking of Pelham (which came out after this) where a normal dude unwittingly gets tangled up with a criminal. It was dope.

MV5BMTk4ODQ1MTk5M15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTgwMjA2Mzk5MDE@._V1_UX182_CR0,0,182,268_AL_.jpg
    I thought it was aight. i liked it more the second time I watched it. Its an interesting Sci-Fi film.

The story is about an ancient egyptian bridge that can send people across space. The US military sends a team through where they find people being dominated by an ancient alien. Im probably not explaining it right...

I thought it was only a TV show because I remembered the show as a kid but the movie is kind of dope.

Equilibrium-poster.jpg

Very interesting film. Took some elements from the Matrix obviously but with an easier to understand story.

For those that haven't seen it: The movie takes place in a future where humans have begun taking medicines to suppress emotions because they find that emotions lead to war etc. So a society very similar to Orwell's 1984 springs up. Bale's character stops taking the meds and begins to "feel" making him an enemy of the state.

Bale was bodying cats in here and Tay Diggs was a good character too.
  • rapmastermind
    rapmastermind Members Posts: 5,574 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    220px-Sicario_poster.jpg

GRADE = A

Wow, I'm late. Fantastic, Fantastic movie. I judge movies very simply. Did it take me out of my reality and into that world. Did the actors make me believe the situation of the film. This film did that a more. EVERYONE did great in their characters. Of course Benicio killed it, litterially, lol. I liked Emily Blunt character because it was realistic that someone would act like that being thrown into the real situation. Daniel Kaluuya who played her Partner Reggie was good in a limited role. Liked Josh Brolin in this as well. Basically the story is told through the FBI/CIA/DEA perspective and what we really do behind the scenes in the drug game. What I enjoyed most about it was how real it was. The Dinner Table Scene made this movie worth the watch by itself. As well as the ending with Emily and Benicio.

The reason I was cool with not really showing the Cartel perspective because it wasn't really about them it was more about how The US is fighting them. With that said we saw the brutality of the cartel and it helped to understand what they were fighting for. Benicio character was very complex and fully in control. I loved him in this role because no matter what insane ? was going on around them, he seemed completely calm and in control the whole movie. The themes and symbolism were strong as far as the drug game and the backroom deals that go on. LOL @ Emily Blunt character actions near the end. Benicio had ever right to check her. The apartment scene was mad real too because she had to really make a decision how hard was she really going to ride for "Justice, The Law". Amazing movie, Benicio got robbed by the Oscars.
  • not_osirus_jenkins
    not_osirus_jenkins Members, Banned Users Posts: 3,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Legend the Krays. ? was dope. Tom Hardy is gonna go down as one of the GOATS. Story of how the twin brothers took over London. I wished they would he shown more of the illegal side side and the gangster part but great nonetheless.
  • Qiv_Owan
    Qiv_Owan Members Posts: 4,125 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    What is Tarentino fascination with the word ?

Its a contractual obligation...if he cant use it he wont make a movie