Do you believe in yourself?

Options
R.D.
R.D. Members Posts: 20,156 ✭✭✭✭✭
How do you know you believe in yourself ? If you believe in yourself, why'd you give up on your dreams ? Whyd you settle for the pimple face ? with the fat ass instead of the joint badder than Halle that you really wanted ? Why are you comfortable working this dead end job that could fire you tomorrow ? At what point did settling become acceptable to you ? 25? 28? 14? If you died tomorrow, would you be content ? Why did you give up on yourself ?

At your momemt of most clarity, what was the goal and how close are you to surpassing that goal?

Comments

• jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Its only settling if you define what you have by someone else's standards.

We also have real life to deal with. You make poor decisions in the past that limits your future.

I can answer that many people do not believe in themselves nor do they have a support system of people who believe in them.
  • R.D.
    Options
    But do past decisions really limit our future or do we allow it to... The minute something go wrong, we give up on our dream and start looking for a middle ground.

Then we take it out on the next night with a dream telling them all the things that could go wrong and that they should have a backup plan or reel in their expectations

This ? is detrimental to the community. I'm just curious what killed some of you ? spirits...the second kid? Your first good paying management position? Why you content to build another ? dream?
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Dreams are just that Dreams. At some point you are supposed to mature and not settle but do what's best, efficient, and logical. ? still chasing their rap and hoop dreams at 40+ while neglecting the reality of their situations are all to prevalent in our communities. That's the real harm not folks just giving up on a would be, could be dream.
  • R.D.
    Options
    Says who though? What you gave are two extremes

If your goal was to not work for somebody, what's stopping you now? Why should ? be content with being a 30 year old secretary? Why spend all this money on schooling to maximize your talents under somebody? If you command a 6 figure salary in the workforce, why not just start your own ?

Being logical sounds like giving up on yourself.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    R.D. wrote: »
    But do past decisions really limit our future or do we allow it to... The minute something go wrong, we give up on our dream and start looking for a middle ground.

Then we take it out on the next night with a dream telling them all the things that could go wrong and that they should have a backup plan or reel in their expectations

This ? is detrimental to the community. I'm just curious what killed some of you ? spirits...the second kid? Your first good paying management position? Why you content to build another ? dream?

Felonies are usually the death knell for dreams, having kids is another so yes.

I still hold on to my dream because its still attainable and realistic. I'm working on it now more than ever.
  • Ol Jay's
    Ol Jay's Members Posts: 8,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    lol @ goals, ? i just wing it and love whatever ? send my way
  • Lou Cypher
    Lou Cypher Members Posts: 52,521 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nah. I got a pretty low self esteem. Im working on it though.
  • R.D.
    Options
    Ol Jay's wrote: »
    lol @ goals, ? i just wing it and love whatever ? send my way

I believe you. You shouldn't procreate
  • HafBayked
    HafBayked Members Posts: 16,248 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    its a struggle lol....i've always been my own worst enemy.....holding myself to impossible standards and then being mad about the ? when it unfolds exactly how I knew it would

I had it ? up cuz my mama always told me how handsome and smart I was

it wasnt til I got older and out of the neighborhood and saw some different ways of life that I found out that was not the case

DENZEL-TEAR.gif

• cannonspike1994
    cannonspike1994 Members Posts: 1,509 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If i didn't believe in my self i wouldn't be self employed. I would be making other peoples dreams come true.
  • mryounggun
    mryounggun Members Posts: 13,451 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nobody ever fails at anything, really. They just give up too soon. I always felt like ? be too quick to give up on their dreams. I be hearing too many excuses.
  • Sage Wonder
    Sage Wonder Members Posts: 3,413 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    If you died tomorrow, would you be content ?

This idea has been stuck with me a lot as of late. The ultimate goal is to be at peace with your death.. not how you die but what you left behind. Word..
  • Crude_
    Crude_ Members Posts: 19,964 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Hey T/S why didn't you believe in yourself when @DWO was looking for you?
  • Koltrain
    Koltrain Members Posts: 4,286 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    I used to struggle with this when i was younger and didn't realize how important it is to consider the people you keep around. The more I started to believe in myself, the more I could see how the people around me didn't like it. I mean people that you think u can trust will mislead u because they dont wanna see u succeed. I had to part ways with them. It was painful, but necessary. Now I understand that success comes with sacrifice
  • CashmoneyDux
    CashmoneyDux Members Posts: 11,217 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Nope, and that's the main thing holding me back. It's harder than it sounds
  • BigBallsNoWorries
    BigBallsNoWorries Members Posts: 5,461 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    How else will anyone believe in you, if you don't believe in yourself first
  • clairvoyance
    clairvoyance Members Posts: 2,751 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Words of encouragement from DJ Khalid @1:20...
    http://youtu.be/i2HQcnA3_A8
  • R.D.
    Options
    Crude_ wrote: »
    Hey T/S why didn't you believe in yourself when @DWO was looking for you?

Bet you thought you had one when you thought of that

You mad at yourself b, not me...Get back in the game
  • qawshun
    qawshun Members Posts: 9,138 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Says who though? What you gave are two extremes

If your goal was to not work for somebody, what's stopping you now? Why should ? be content with being a 30 year old secretary? Why spend all this money on schooling to maximize your talents under somebody? If you command a 6 figure salary in the workforce, why not just start your own ?

Being logical sounds like giving up on yourself.

Because some people do not have the drive to sacrifice somethings that they dream about.

The only place success comes before work is in the dictionary.
  • reapin505
    reapin505 Members Posts: 4,009 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    1364257539_camronNope-Copy.gif

working on it though
  • Thereal_ba
    Thereal_ba Members Posts: 1,919 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options