Ben Carson Says Obama Was Raised White

Options
StillFaggyAF
StillFaggyAF Members Posts: 40,358 ✭✭✭✭✭
http://talkingpointsmemo.com/livewire/ben-carson-barack-obama-real-racism

"He’s an ‘African’ American. He was, you know, raised white," Carson told Politico as he waited for the results of the South Carolina primary on Saturday. "I mean, like most Americans, I was proud that we broke the color barrier when he was elected, but he didn’t grow up like I grew up."

ADVERTISING

Carson said Obama's experience as a young man was simply different than his own.

"Many of his formative years were spent in Indonesia. So, for him to, you know, claim that, you know, he identifies with the experience of black Americans, I think, is a bit of a stretch," he said.

The world-renowned surgeon does not often bring up race on the campaign trail, and has called for Americans to "deemphasize race."

“Remember now, I’ve been around for 64 years, you know. I’ve had a chance to see what real racism is," he said.

Carson told Politico that he hasn't experienced racism from the Republican Party. Then, when asked to recount his last experience with "real racism," Carson said he just had to look to the left and progressives.

"I think the way that I'm treated by the left is racism. They assume because you're black, you have to think a certain way," he added.

Listen to the full podcast, via Politico:

Comments

• nujerz84
    nujerz84 Members Posts: 15,418 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
  • Ajackson17
    Ajackson17 Members Posts: 22,501 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ben Carson was raised by self haters....so what'st he problem.
  • HarlemThumzUp
    HarlemThumzUp Members Posts: 4,942 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options

Kwan Dai wrote: »
    Ok. Obama was raised white? Cool. So, ? what's your excuse?

TALK THAT ? !
  • Kwan Dai
    Kwan Dai Members Posts: 6,929 ✭✭✭✭✭
    edited February 2016
    Options
    AggyAF wrote: »
    "I think the way that I'm treated by the left is racism. They assume because you're black, you have to think a certain way," he added.

I don't know who the left is, but I personally assume that Blacks running for any position of power would think intelligently and with compassion. Being a lap dog\distraction isn't a good look whether you are left, right or centered.

• ThaNubianGod
    ThaNubianGod Members Posts: 1,862 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    No one can dispute what he said though. Obama is half-white and always identify with his white side until he jumped into politics. 7 years in, what has he done for Black America? He's been here to LA over 30 times but NEVER goes south of Pico Blvd. He stops off and hangs with white celebs, but can't even do a speech tot he kids of South LA. The only time I hear race come out of his mouth is when people attack one of his positions.

You could have elected John Kerry and got the same 7 years you did from Obama.
  • jono
    jono Members Posts: 30,280 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Classic case of stick to what you know
  • 5th Letter
    5th Letter Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 37,068 Regulator
    Options
    What is he talking about?
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ben carson had nothhhhhing so to even come at him wrong is disrespect he almost caught a body an still came up an loves ? ...he is black excellence!!!!!!!! Im mad..
  • LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY
    LEMZIMUS_RAMSEY Members, Writer Posts: 17,670 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Poooor Ben. Smh
  • stringer bell
    stringer bell Members Posts: 26,212 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    gh0st wrote: »
    AggyAF wrote: »

"He’s an ‘African’ American. He was, you know, raised white," Carson told Politico as he waited for the results of the South Carolina primary on Saturday. "I mean, like most Americans, I was proud that we broke the color barrier when he was elected, but he didn’t grow up like I grew up."

ADVERTISING

Carson said Obama's experience as a young man was simply different than his own.

"Many of his formative years were spent in Indonesia. So, for him to, you know, claim that, you know, he identifies with the experience of black Americans, I think, is a bit of a stretch," he said.

The world-renowned surgeon does not often bring up race on the campaign trail, and has called for Americans to "deemphasize race."

“Remember now, I’ve been around for 64 years, you know. I’ve had a chance to see what real racism is," he said.

Carson told Politico that he hasn't experienced racism from the Republican Party. Then, when asked to recount his last experience with "real racism," Carson said he just had to look to the left and progressives.

Listen to the full podcast, via Politico:

Hero-Charles-Ramsey-Dead-Giveaway-Reaction-Gif.gif

GTFOH
  • blackgod813
    blackgod813 Members Posts: 9,577 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    Ben carson is a full fledge poe wish sandwich afro american slave blood nappy ? ...dont act like u dont know what the ? sayin ben from the hood ..dont get cute kuss hilary ? in ya mouf
  • a.mann
    a.mann Members Posts: 19,746 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    raised white lol..

Better being raised a house ? and a lapdog

Rubio-Trump-Carson.gif
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    charles2 wrote: »
    Self ether. Claims Obama didn't have the typical black American experience like he did, yet Obama still identifies with black people more than he does.

Troof.Com
    #RNS
    Niggayouaintlyin.org
  • _Goldie_
    _Goldie_ Members, Moderators, Writer Posts: 30,349 Regulator
    Options
    Wtf is "raised white"?
  • Recaptimus_Prime360
    Recaptimus_Prime360 Members Posts: 64,801 ✭✭✭✭✭
    Options
    That muthafucca gotta better chance to convince me why should I vote Republican, than have me listen to him speak about ANY race issues.